[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can suicide ever be some sort of solution? Or is it per definition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: index.png (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
10KB, 259x194px
Can suicide ever be some sort of solution? Or is it per definition stupid and weak?
>>
>>17637539
If your car wasn't working correctly, and I threw it off of a bridge, destroying it, would you say I have fixed the problem of it not working correctly? By definition, it is running away/ignoring/negating a problem instead of fixing it. In that way, you could call it weak.
>>
Only if you have a terminal illness or otherwise are going to die anyway. If it's just because "wahh life is hard" then it's just plain cowardice.
>>
>>17637539
it can only be a solution in major circumstances. Like if I knew I was going to prison for over 35 years i'd kill myself. If my kids were killed etc

every case is different its near impossible to give a 100% legit answer on if a specific case is stupid or weak. probably not stupid. weak sometimes but not stupid.
>>
>>17637539
>Can suicide ever be some sort of solution?
yes
>Or is it per definition stupid and weak?
no
>>
>>17637572
>or otherwise are going to die anyway.

So what you're saying is that suicide is always a solution?
Because everyone's gonna die.

I believe that suicide should be a last resort. All other options need to be examined and thoroughly exhausted.

In theory, that's good.

But life is never how you think it is. You could lose someone you care about, shit could hit the fan, you could be falsely accused of pretty bad shit, you could be looking at being tortured...
Sometimes it's a preferable option.

Personally, I like knowing that it's a option. I never rule it out. That if things ever get too damn bad I could rage quit life. Knowing that actually comforts me.

Doesn't mean I'll do it.
But it also doesn't mean I won't.

This year, I've lost 2 people I care about. One, just yesterday. I'm not suicidal, and I think it's because of me having an open mind about it.
Knowing it's an option comforts me.
>>
>>17638138
interesting concept you have.
>>
>>17638138
Life was givin to you and you shouldn't have it taken away on purpose. Imagine the experiences you could have and the happiness you could have in this short think called life. You shouldn't take life for granted and you certainly shouldn't kill yourself. That would be pointless and it would have no good effect. Even if your life is shit compared to others that doesn't matter. There's not even a definition of bad because only you can define it anyways. And if you think it is bad then don't kill yourself it's still important to love and some loss than to never be able to love at all
>>
>>17637539
Give it ~33 years when we hit 10 billion. Then people will be singing a different tune.

We'll start getting suicide booths and pro-choice and pro-life will have different meanings.
>>
>>17638138
I believe in quality over quantity. Whats the point living years with some agonizingly awful disease that's slowly killing you, but you can keep alive on machines or basically being high out of your mind 24/7 on pain killers just to be able to function. Whats the point of spending the rest of that time stuck in a hospital bed, and being a burden on everyone you know?

If you cannot live a good life, there's no point in living at all.
That being said, outside this case of "medical suicide" or "suicide by stopping treatment", there are very few valid reasons to kill yourself that aren't going to go away with the slightest bit of effort on your end. But I also see mental illness being just as shitty (if not worse) than physical illness. I say if you've tried everything, the doctors, the therapists, the pills, every single piece of advice anyone has ever given and none of it has worked and you still feel like life isn't worth living, then go for it.
Nobody's obligated to live for any reason though.

Me personally though, you and I share a lot of ideas. I'm also not necessarily afraid of death, and take comfort in suicide as an out to anything I see fit. I'm in no way shape or form a good place in my life, I'd argue I'm at rock bottom, but I'm not quite at the death stage yet. Since I haven't tried everything to climb out yet. I've done the drugs and the therapists, neither of those worked so it's not looking bright. But I have yet to try those "self help" bullshit techniques (Hurr get fit) so I figure I'll give them a whirl even though I know they are just pseudo science bullshit. I've given myself till 30. If shit aint right with me by then, then it never will be. I'll be too old at that point to do any of the things I wanted out of life, I'll have truly failed at living. So I'll end it. But I'll keep fighting the good fight until then.
>>
Suicide is surrendering yourself to life.

Life just so happens to be the most powerful force in existence though so I don't really blame people who throw the fight.
>>
>>17638867
>the most powerful force in existence
That's gravitational force
>>
>>17639045
>the most powerful force in existence

no retard, that would be me
>>
>>17639045
>obsessing over words and not just accepting the point
That's autism
>>
>>17638363
>Life was givin to you

Without your consent. Just because something is given to you doesn't mean it's a gift or even wanted. Nobody gives permission to be born.
>>
>>17639045
Well... the strongest force is strong nuclear, so...
>>
>>17639045
>That's gravitational force
Gravity is the weakest of the four forces.
>>
Everyone who commits suicide is selfish.

They don't think of the poor person who will find your half rotting and bloted corpse, or the poor guy who watches your head explode as you hit his train.
The police and doctors who will have to examine the seen and your body to rule out foul play and confirm it is suicide. When they could be investigating real crimes.

Then there is the impact on your family. Grief is horrid if you wish to inflict that on anyone you need locking up.
>>
If your life is just going to end in extended agony and pain then suicide would be a better option.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.