[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parents are paranoid. They think I'm not studying because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: S60919-231841.jpg (306KB, 910x704px) Image search: [Google]
S60919-231841.jpg
306KB, 910x704px
My parents are paranoid. They think I'm not studying because they see me on my phone like 2/10 times when they walk into my room without knocking, they ground me for no apparent reason, they don't let me go out because I hadn't told them ''early enough'', which means one or two days before I'm going to meet someone, they don't like seeing me texting other people because they immediately conclude that I'm addicted to my phone. Furthermore they're now bombing me with extra classes and extra shit I don't need and dad wants me to resolve every exercise under his supervision. Phones are allowed in school but I can't bring mine. I can't hang out with '' too many '' guys because it's unnatural and they might rape me (yes they think this is also a possibility) but one year ago they were afraid I was antisocial because I only hung out with 3 girls, which is too small a number for them. Dad finds even the smallest detail to yell at me and I just find myself crying in my room every night like the weak piece of shit I am.

What do I do /adv/?
>>
Unles they're being abusive (which from how it sounds they aren't), your only options is to deal with it until you're able to move out.

Just be grateful that you don't have parents that either don't care enough to stop you screwing up your life or let you do whatever you want, no matter how self-destructive thinking it's the only way to have a good relationship with you. Both of those things are worse than your current situation.
>>
>>17637011
Dad would hit me in the past but only if he had been very angry
>>
>>17637011
Don 't be deluded OP. Do what you want instead of wasting your time, but make sure you can support yourself. You'll have to when you're older, anyway.

They won't stop being like that with you, but the more you involve yourself with the things you enjoy and more imporantly, others, the better off you will be.

Also, since you're a girl and it seems to be easy for you to be obedient, you might as well hand them a schedule for your texting and schoolwork, so they dont insert themselves in your life always. That should definitely work, but didn't for me because i couldnt stand it at all.
>>
>>17637022
And my mum used to hit me when I did something really bad, looking back I'm grateful for it.
>>
>>17637043
Can't stand the schedule to be honest. And they know that my only escape involves my friends so they try to minimize it as much as possible so I can focus on my studying more
>>
Btw, how did you type this out and how old are you? Just curious. You seem pretty happy other than what you deal with your parents.
>>
>>17637058
I'm 16 :). Friends and drawing are the only things that keep me from falling into depression
>>
>>17637057
>Can't stand the schedule to be honest.
I don't know how to help you then. Being a student with a school schedule sucks :p

There seems to be no real answer to these sort of parents. Maybe try talking with a counselor...i think my parents would have listened to another "professional", but I hated that.

>>17637071
Those are good hobbies. I know you'll be ok.
>>
>>17637048
I disagreed with them over school- related stuff. Hitting didn't really help anything, I'm still disagreeing with them. I guess you could say I haven't learned a thing
>>
>>17637081
Do you believe it's right to blame yourself?
>>
>>17637080
I used to go to a counselor for 4 years and she really helped me. I wanna go there again because I'm starting to feel like I used to feel again but parents won't allow it saying I can't have someone behind my back forever and that I'm feeling like that due to hormones.
>>
>>17637071
Listen, I doubt anyone here is going to report you, and I certainly won't, but you do know this site is 18+, right?
>>
>>17637084
No because now I know when to stop and just take the insults in me. But if they say something I can't tolerate then I'll speak up.I know I shouldn't but sometimes I can't stand them insulting both me and people I care about
>>
>>17637103
I just needed someone else's advice that's why I posted. And I was not going to reveal my age but since you asked, well lol. It's an anonymous board anyways
>>
>>17637123
I'm not the guy who asked, just warning you. You seem like a good kid, and it's not like a ban will matter when 4chan dies in a few days.
>>
>>17637094
Do you have a school counselor? In America, I'm pretty sure everywhere has a no report to parents policy if the child asks. Why don't you find out?

>>17637113
If it helps you to look at this way, people who insult do it as some form of fake dominance. Unless you choose to be aggressive, it can be easily dismissed.
Also, ive never cared about people saying things about my friends unless its to their face. It's not my drama, so no point in getting all worked up.

>>17637123
Not me. I guess that person is checking you know, to be nice.
>>
>>17637147
Nope no school counselor, sadly only private schools have those. And I don't live in the US either.

You've got a point there but I hate them being so nice and fake right in front of my friends' faces when they come over and the minute after they leave begin with the insults again.

No problem, I know I shouldn't post. I hope the site doesn't die out, /adv/ seems like a pretty good place at least.
>>
Sounds like they're controlling and over protective
>>
>>17637163
Yeah there is definitely no point in arguing them.

What matters is they know to fake these things because the relationships around them work better. But then the close relationship with you doesn't mean as much or something and they just cant see it. Some mental problem. Whew what a pain i had to deal with.

Do you trust your friends? I see one way to defintely deal with it, but you may not like it. Its not like you're exposing anyone, but if you talk about your parents in front of your friends, it should enter a sort of jolt that allows you to have a different relationship with your parents. Possibly one less controlling, as long as you dont disrespect them or whatever.

I always felt for a long time like I couldn't talk to anyone about how my parents treated me. I was practically raised by them to not say anything bad about them or the family, and it made thinking anyway else extremely difficult. I couldnt even go out with a girl that liked me for years because i felt so disconnected with my parents.

When it comes to parent problems, friends are definitely the ones to talk with. They will understand and you can talk with them. If they come over, there's no reason for your parents' presence or imaginary presence to be a barrier to talking with your friends.

Im getting a little personal here, but i think this is the only way i can explain it to you. What you say about your parents is exactly what i went through. But you are different, so im sure you have a different kind of resilience. You came here for advice after all. I would never have done that.
>>
>>17636986
>what do i do
have you thought about having sex with your dads best friend to get back at your dad?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.