[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over the fact that every single person I studied

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1475215834843.jpg (23KB, 280x412px) Image search: [Google]
1475215834843.jpg
23KB, 280x412px
How do I get over the fact that every single person I studied with back in university is more successful than i'll ever be?
Most of them are either working abroad (I'm from a third world country) or another city making huge bucks while I just lost my first job ever (a dead-end job over that ) and have been a neet/shut in for near 3 months now.
I don't even know how to get a job and I'm unwilling to move out of my parents house because I've never lived by my own and just the thoughts of doing it so overwhelm me and turns me down.
I've got a lot of money from my last job, so money shouldn't be a problem for a while. But I know that being a shut in isn't an sustainable option and at some point I will run out of money and will be lost.
I just want to be inside minding my own business and the thought that everyone is looking down on me just makes more and more of a shut in.
I don't really see the point of getting a job at the moment. Money doesn't drive me, I saved every single cent that I earned and never used it for nothing, i don't see the point of "getting a job" just to keep accumulating money.
I'd like to work in a place where I can learn and progress in my career path but I don't really have the technical experience to land a job like that and I don't know anyone that would help me to get into a position that would closely resemble that.
I feel like I'm trapped in the bottom of a pit and the only way out is for someone else to help me and get me out of it. But no one even knows I'm down there or that I need help. And i fell like the more time I spend in there the harder will be for someone to be willing to help me.

what do I do?
>>
>>17635678
My gut reaction advice is "find success yourself"

What did you major in?

It's very unlikely you'll find success sitting in your room moping on 4chan, but you may be able to find the motivation to get outside

You need a job. Not a job for money, but a job for progress. To make connections and find better jobs down the road. Do you have connections from university you can take advantage of?

It takes courage to ask for help, but you've said it yourself: it's not getting any better otherwise.
>>
>>17635857
I'm a software the developer.
A little background on me, I was offered a job even before I graduated in a local social security company and I worked there updating old software and developing new ones there for close to 4 years. On July this year, I was let go for reasons beyond my control (nepotism).
The job itself was really mundane and stressful, the pay was ok but there was no way to doing better there. I had little to no guidance while I was working there and everything that I learned was pretty much by my own effort. There was a lot of work and only 3 developers there including me that supported over 30 custom applications. I don't really have experience working in modern developing environments, I was pretty much let out to my own luck to solve problems anyway I'd found fit.
Now, I feel like I've got 3 big problems.
1. I don't know how to look for a job.
What I mention before was my first and only job ever and I was asked if I wanted to work there rather than me looking out for it.
2. Since I studied and worked in the same city that I had always lived, I never move out of my parents house, which means that I had never lived by my own and I don't know how to handle many things that are required for someone to lived by themselves.
3. Most people that actually interest me would required me to move to other cities, where I don't know anyone and living by my own sounds like something I couldn't really handle.
I'm 26 btw,
In comparison most of my classmates pretty much left the city/country right after graduation and have done nothing but escalate professionally while I feel like I was left behind and in the same place I was before I graduated.
I guess is my own fault for conforming with such a shitty (and ungrateful) job to begin with.
I feel is too late to fix anything.
>>
>>17635971
>3. Most people that actually interest me would required me to move to other cities, where I don't know anyone and living by my own sounds like something I couldn't really handle.
that should be
3. Most *jobs* that actually interest me would required me to move to other cities, where I don't know anyone and living by my own sounds like something I couldn't really handle.
>>
>>17635678

I dunno OP.

I've been unemployed for a year now after turning down a job I was offered after graduation.

Why?

Combination of things. I injured myself permanently and this depresses the fuck out of me. That job was somewhere I never applied to in the first place, I got a random call. The agreement required me to accept something that would detriment my career in the future. And lastly, it was pretty far. More so than I'd like.

But if I'm being honest, the main reason is my arm. I'm pretty much fucked for life, I can't even imagine moving out on my own and doing all these things solo now. I would have loved to get away before I injured myself, but now everyday is a struggle so here I am. A 23 year old neet with a computer science degree and minor in math.
>>
>>17635678

>Not as successful as others
>has no ambition or discipline

Do you think there might be some connection between those two things?
Google "successful people who got started late"
>>
Small steps, anon. Small steps.
>>
>>17636088
>has no ambition or discipline
how do i give myself those things?
>>
>>17635971
it is definitely not too late to fix these things

>1
You live in the age of the internet! An infinity of resources are at your disposal. Write a resume. Have people you know, people from university, hell have your parents look it over. Look for jobs online. Make a linked in. Talk to your old successful friends. If you apply to a job and are told no, ask why not. Improve!

>2
Living with your parents isn't thaaaaaaaaat bad. Ask your parents to teach you how to cook and do laundry and pay utilities/taxes. It's not all that bad.

>3
see 2
it's rather bold to move before having a job though
>>
>>17635678
My advice is to stop being a blubbering vagina and go get a job you sack of shit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.