[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the reasons you are suicidal /adv/? We have a lot of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0932.jpg (34KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0932.jpg
34KB, 500x700px
What are the reasons you are suicidal /adv/?
We have a lot of suicide threads on here, but i think most of those people don't actually follow trough. What is it that makes the difference between someone wanting to die and someone actually doing it?
>>
>>17635343
That tiny bit of hope that things might get better.
>>
The depression is paralyzing and keeps us from actually going through with it. You should do some research on the increases of suicides as a result of taking antidepressants, I think it will answer your question
>>
>>17635372
So the spark of hope plus the paralizing effect of depression are the causes for people not going trough with it?
What is it that snaps with people that actually do it?
Has anyone ever read a suicide note from someone that killed himself?
>>
Honestly the only thing that keeps me from doing it is my grandfather kind of
And mostly because it's not easy to do. If I had a gun I probably would have done it by now. Other means of suicide are too painful or not good enough statistics for desired outcome to try it. Also heights are scary.

The reason I'm suicidal? Lots of childhood abuse and brainwashing. I think I am socially fucked because of it and my brain freaks out and self destructs about once every 3 weeks. I'll probably be single forever due to being suicidal and I have c-ptsd. I'm not very self reliant. Meh
>>
>>17635343
For me it's just the amount of pain i would cause to people around me. Although i'd be dead so i couldn't even feel guilty after killing myself, how could i be so selfish and make others' people life a shit only because mine is?
>>
Also calling the suicide hotlines help. Sometimes I want to pull out of it because sitting on my bed and crying all day gets exhausting after so long
>>
>>17635343
>What are the reasons you are suicidal /adv/?
When my depression and suicidal thoughts kick back in I often think shit like "You'll be alone forever", "No one will ever love you", "You'll never have another true friend after ____ decided you weren't worth the trouble", "You're a freak, an adult child" etc. etc. etc.
> What is it that makes the difference between someone wanting to die and someone actually doing it?
For me it comes and goes, the reason why I've never went through with it during those terrible fucking moments is because there's still that part of me that knows it's never too late. I hope if I were in that state all the time I'd feel the same or at least get help.
>>
I think thats a good question OP, but im not sure if im smart enough to give you the right answer. I know the people who do it normally wouldnt if they gave themselves some time to think about. I thinm its just a snap decision
>>
They were mentally stranded for so long that 'something' smothered their metaphorical torch, from there they'd grasp for anything to keep their bearings but they could only flail around for so long...

But some people are lucky enough to have an ember or 2 saved.
>>
>>17635508
What do you mean by mentally stranded? As in, they were alone?
>>
>>17635514
Yeah, exactly.

Maybe i shouldn't have written that, I'm not very good at the whole 'writing' thing, especially when serious topics are involved.
>>
>fat
>ugly
>bank debt
>hate my job
>live in a EU state but works like a 3rd world country
>fell in love with a girl that tolerates me at best
>alcohol/drugs mostly everyday

Im 24 and I blew it all. If Quake Champions sucks its a pick between a rope and a bullet
>>
>>17635531
Just play Overwatch :^)
>>
>>17635532
Overwatch is pretty fun ;)

I'm also waiting for Quake Champions though
>>
>>17635526
You're fine, I got what you were getting at, I just wanted to clarify. It could've meant something else, but that was the logical assumption.

I agree. Being alone is extremely unhealthy for people. We need interaction. Some not as much as others, but even the biggest introverts need to converse. It doesn't even need to be something deep, it can be about common interests. As long as you feel you're making headway on a new friendship or relationship, you'll be so much happier.

alternatively, if you don't interact with people in a meaningful way, you will DIE. literally DIE on the inside and forget how fucking important it is
>>
File: 1471915910519.jpg (256KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471915910519.jpg
256KB, 1280x960px
>>17635540
>if you don't interact with people in a meaningful way, you will DIE

Shit normies say baka senpai
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.