[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gf's dad believes is conspiracy theorist >Thinks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

>gf's dad believes is conspiracy theorist
>Thinks that WTC was not only a false flag, bit that there were thermonuclear bombs in thw basement and the planes were holograms
>Thinks reptilian-men are real and that tv glitches on YouTube videos are their cloaking devices running low on battery
>Confirms for a fact that he has seen UFO ships
>Takes his battery out of his phone when talking about these things because he thinks people apy on him
>Otherwise really nice guy

Anyway
>Be 18
>Get money for gun
>He owns 12-17 guns, ask for help picking
>Go to gun shows with him, narrow it down to two
>A friend of his is selling one
>We drive to his house, I decide that I want the other one after I inspect it
>He talks to guy about government and general conspiracy/election shit
>While outside and surrounded by people, he tells the guy how he has a list of people to kill when the government crashes
>The guy tells him he needs to be quiet
>He continues talking about sneaking into their house to kill them because of their political affiliation and that they should be marked
>Those people having their yard sale with their kids can clearly hear him

He's joked about it before, but he was as serious as a heart attack. Has anyone dealt with something like this? What do I do?
>>
>>17635175
Nothing, I don't think having a kill list is that abnormal.
>>
>>17635194

But telling people to kill their neighbors in front of their neighbor's children is fine? I'm okay with his stupid beliefs, but that's pretty fucked up.
>>
>>17635201
Oh yeah I see what you mean now. That's a bit rude.
>>
>>17635201
Plus the fact that he's a little unstable to begin with which means talking to him about it probably wouldn't be wise.
Is there anything else weird he does?
>>
>>17635282
Tons of stuff.
Turns his wifi off at night because he can "hear it."
Sniffed a dog cunt to "prove" it didn't smell.
Built a bomb shelter.
Tried to convince his daughter that if she went to college that she'd die.
Believes that colleges give pills to students to use for mind control and that nobody knows because they don't remember taking them.

I could go on and on.
>>
File: 1471665195729.jpg (33KB, 552x695px) Image search: [Google]
1471665195729.jpg
33KB, 552x695px
He sounds legitimately mentally ill. It's one thing to believe in some conspiracy theory about how 9/11 was staged for instance, it just means you don't really understand the facts. It's another to think you can "hear the wifi" and smelling a dogs genitals.

>>17635230
>That's a bit rude.
Kind of an understatement.
>>
>>17635306
I agree. My girlfriend graduated top of her class and only believes some of the not so crazy things (wifi is bad for health, microwaves are carcenogenic, 9/11 false flag), but he always yells at her when she doesn't believe the other stuff. Anytime I talk about how I believe he's getting dementia and may need help, she gets angry at me.

He called her a stupid bitch once for not believing that reptilian-men were real after a youtube video where the was a visual glitch, and said that she'll die in the democrat/republican war if she doesn't believe what he says even if there is no evidence. This time, her mom say it (she works overtime and he generally only works every other weekend and does house stuff, so she's never home to hear it) and
hinted to her that she may be seeking divorce.

I don't know what to do about it. Anytime I talk about the elephant in the room, I get ignored or yelled at. It's gotten to the point where he doesn't just say that stuff with his friends, but other people, too. I was afraid that those people would call the cops, because he carries an unregistered and concealed firearm and would have likely gotten arrested.
>>
>>17636066
>Her mom say it

Her mom heard it*

She couldn't believe it at all.
>>
>>17635175
Like I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up murdering a shit ton of people, he sounds pretty off his block.
>>
>>17635175
and im just going to throw this out there, but regardless you should leave. just leave now. this family is crazy. you do not need this. go find normal people they still exist. they can find more crazies to hang out with.
>>
>>17636105
I can deal with someone who doesn't quite understand radio and microwave radiation and things WTC was false flag, but it's the shit that her dad says. I Iove the man and he's like a father to me, but I can see that he needs counseling and therapy. It's that she doesn't want to think of her dad as a looney. She wants to move away after college, and I think she's getting tired of the rhetoric, but she would rather just ignore it. She said that she might consider thinking about it if he started harming other people, and I feel that this may have nudged the line a bit.

>>17636099
Currently, I don't think he would do this. Who knows in a few years if his mental state will alter further? I think proactive therapy would be useful to treat whatever it is that he has (he's 60 or so).
>>
>>17635175
Oh boy, another schizo making normal gun owners look bad.

Just show him /pol/ or /x/ and lrt him go ham.

Hell show him /r9k/ and maybe the echo chamber will make him off himself.

>>17636066
Just drop it with your girl. She gets upset because she stresses out about it. If you're willing to be her rock and let her latch on to you then bring up that you meed yo sort through that to be a functioning couple. If you aren't ready for that kind of commitment then just don't bring it up.

Crazy parents are stressful.
>>
>>17636246
She's a college student. It's understandable that she doesn't want her dad to be thrown in the crazy house. She thinks that it would ruin their relationship if anyone suggested therapy to him (he wouldn't willingly do it anyway). After we get out of college, it won't even be a concern because we'll be gone.
>>
>>17636269
You're just kickin the can my friend. If this girl means something to you then you need to be a man for her. You need to tell her that you will support her through this and that it's for the better.
>>
>>17636297
I haven't had a good time to tell her about the recent incident, but I plan on doing it tonight when we're both free. I'll see what she thinks about it.
>>
>>17636315
Be persistent and tough but not obsessive or domineering, and also, learn when to push and when to lay off.

It'll be a good learning experience because you're going to have to do this in life.

Good luck man.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.