[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some realistic work from home careers? I'm getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1474508981082.gif (420KB, 616x338px) Image search: [Google]
1474508981082.gif
420KB, 616x338px
What are some realistic work from home careers? I'm getting my general ed done right now and would like to get a major that would help me get a job from home. Programming seems to be the one that comes up the most.
>>
Why in the world would you want to work at home? Home is home, save it for relaxing after a day of work
>>
Working from home is becoming more and more popular, try any office job really.
>>
>>17635055
1.) I live at home with my mom and grandma and my grandma basically needs someone to be home with her at all times.

2.) I have tinnitus and that's really fucked me up in many ways. As for how it relates to jobs, super quiet places give me headaches and super loud places make me afraid I'll make my tinnitus worse being there. My original plan was to work somewhere quiet but unfortunately I can't do that anymore.
>>
>>17635053
There are a lot of writing related jobs for work from home types (technical writers, copywriters, many others), but they almost without exception pay extremely poorly, and any decent jobs are competitive. They're also nearly all freelance, so if you want a 'real job' It's not a great line.

>Source: Was a freelance writer, editor, and translator for many years; had I not specialized many years back I would have starved to death.
>>
Programming is your best bet. Java is all the rage right now.
>>
>>17635060
>try any office job really

Interesting, I will keep this in mind.

>>17635065
I could do that, did you need an English degree before jumping into that?

>>17635066
Yeah, programming is what I come across. I found some sites to learn programming and will be trying to go through them on my own since college classes seem real slow.
>>
>>17635089
You're on the right track. College is laughably slow, and the only thing that matters in programming is your skill set.

Once you've got a few small projects under your belt and in your code portfolio, you can easily land an entry level programming job that pays very well.

More and more startups and even enterprise level companies are embracing the distributed office model, aka everyone works from home and we don't waste money on an office.

So you may actually be able to start out from home too, provided you can keep up with the workload.

Go browse around some job listings to get an idea of what they're looking for. Once you feel confident, find a reputable recruiting firm and they'll have you a job in no time.

Good Luck, Friend.
>>
>>17635053
>work an office job where your skills cannot be replaced
>ask to work at home
>cool boss lets you work from home.

Anything else is a scam or pays shit

>>17635055
This.

I put in 10 hours in the kitchen and come home. I won't be bothered by work until Friday because I work 4 10's.

>>17635063
>I live at home with my mom and grandma and my grandma basically needs someone to be home with her at all times.

Medicare pays for home health care by people far more knowledgeable than you are. Let your tax dollars pay for someone else to wipe her ass.

>I have tinnitus and that's really fucked me up in many ways

I ran all kinds of power equipment from 10 years old. Only started caring about ear protection in the last 3 years. At 27 I can still hear check calls over blaring rap in the kitchen. Suck it up and deal with it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.