[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm planning on moving to a large city. Yeah yeah yeah

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1179.jpg (266KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1179.jpg
266KB, 1200x800px
So I'm planning on moving to a large city. Yeah yeah yeah I post it a million times I get it. My plan is to take a hundred bucks hop in the greyhound and get off in NYC. What should I do when I get there? I was thinking of picking up cans and begging for change until I can get a slum studio with 8 Mexicans and get a shitty McDonald's job. Would that work?
>>
Have more money before you move and look for a job before going. No one will hire a shit smelling, dirty hobo with no address. Have at least enough money for a month's worth in rent so you can find roommates or a room instead of living on the streets. Remember winter is just around the corner. Gets cold on the streets of New York.

Get a shitty job where you are now and ask to be transferred to NYC. A few of my coworkers did this so it would be easier to move across country.
>>
>>17635051
Yeah but I have no skills and shit and there's no jobs out here at all. I don't think I'd be a shitty smelling hobo I can still shower

Trust me if I could have a job and transfer there I'd do it
>>
>>17635051
This guy's right about winter, thats when a large swath of the homeless die

I dont know why poor people think moving to big expensive cities is a good idea
>>
>>17635077
Because they're sick of living in small towns and cities and would rather die
>>
>>17635056
Where are you going to shower? Where will you keep clean, fresh interview clothes? How will you protect yourself and belongings on the street if you have no skills?

Are there no movie theaters, fast food places, or retail around you? If so there are jobs. Retail is starting hire for seasonal. You are bored and unsatisfied with life and want to take off in hopes for something better somewhere new. I get it I want that too, but don't be dumb on how you go about it.
>>
>>17635097
Can't I just shower on beaches and peoples houses and sell crack
>>
>>17635125
Enjoy dying in the streets.
>>
>>17635132
Ok
>>
>>17635125
In order, no the water is dirty, no you'll get stabbed and no you'll get stabbed.
>>
>>17635031
Avoid the major east and west coast cities. Cost of living is too high. Midwest cities like Pittsburgh, Minneapolis, Cleveland, and Kansas City are cheap with all the benefits of big city living.

>>17635056
Kitchens are dying for people who show up on time, sober, and give a shit. Turnover averages 30% month to month. If they serve food odd are they need people. Dish-washing takes 0 skill. Line cook is easy if you have managers who don't have the last name of Ramsay. There is far more to cooking than McDonalds and 5 start restaurants.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.