[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else struggling with alcoholism? It's ruining every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1604.png (90KB, 713x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1604.png
90KB, 713x380px
Anyone else struggling with alcoholism? It's ruining every single aspect of my life.

I've lost my job because of a DUI I've lost the love of my life because I can't control myself. I have to move back home this weekend because of the job situation. My parents are disappointed barely acknowledge me.

I just don't know where to even begin, I know I drink because deep down I feel so god damn empty but when I stop drinking it all gets worse.

I'm at the end of this journey and can't do this shit no more.
>>
>>17634952

Alcoholism? Yeah. The fallout from alcoholism? Luckily, no.

The best I can say is that I understand the struggle, my friend. In my general experience with /adv/, you won't get much support, just a "go to AA" answer, because apparently it's infallible and works for everyone.

At the end of the day, I think the only hope is discovering our own willpower, if we can.
>>
i quit a year ago. i wouldnt have stopped except i started getting some really nasty and scary physical reactions to all the drinking. my heart was fucked up and i had bad indigestion to the point of passing blood.

after that i decided drinking was not worth it anymore so i quit cold turkey. i had anxiety attacks for months afterwards but those are 99% gone now, though i dont think ill ever feel totally right again.

my family and a doctor i went to see told me to go to aa but i never did and dont think i will. seemed like bullshit.

end of the day its up to you if you really want to quit. once i made up my mind it was easy not to drink because the choice was to either feed the beast and drink more or not drink, get my shit together and feel better eventually. but it has to come from you, no one else can make you do anything.
>>
start slammin or snortin, because without limiting youself with alcohol these drugs take over your life

its either alcohol or a hard drug

pick ur poison
weed can help, but u still drink or do harder shit
>>
I grew up in AA.

It works if you work it. You're worth it, so work it.

It sounds dumb, but I've seen those words save lives.

Give it a shot? Worse case you can just come back here and we'll have our own little /adv/aa
>>
>>17635093

Not op, but I don't have any issues about my own self worth, which is why AA never worked for me.
>>
>>17635099

This. I just love the way it feels, its like how stoners smoke weed all day, well, I drink all day.

I have no real reason why I drink, other than I have nothing else to do.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.