[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone I know was telling me how they were bothered by a comment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5498.jpg (38KB, 562x580px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5498.jpg
38KB, 562x580px
Someone I know was telling me how they were bothered by a comment from someone about how "I wouldn't date them if they were the last person on Earth." They said it was because they're black, and when I told them they can't just outright say that and there could be plenty of reasons why, they said they know what microagressions look like and they're a shitty person. I don't think this is the case knowing the person, being a mixed person and getting shit tossed at me for this, that, and the other thing. What are your opinions?
>>
>>17634600
I don't think we have enough to work with here but let me just say that the way you experience the world/other people may not be the way that your black friend experiences it so don't write off their concerns
>>
>>17634600
I think that's just what he needs to tell himself, because that's a pretty harsh thing she said about him, and it's easier for him to think "she's racist" than "I am the most undesirable man she's ever met."

It's a bit immature of him, but I'd just let him have it, unless he starts to go around telling everyone that this girl is a racist. But even if he does that, most people will recognize his butthurt for exactly what it is
>>
>>17634600
No different than saying they wouldn't date someone short. They're simply attracted to certain types of humans. Even if the thing they're attracted to is something that a person cannot change.

Being fat or ugly are things people can change with enough effort and money. Race and height are not. But either way, it doesn't really matter. You are attracted to who you're attracted to. People can't change that. And it's not their fault.
>>
>>17634600

I have lots of opinions.

None on this situation, though, because I have no idea what's going on.

Also, anyone who wants to use the race card just because it's available is kind of stupid, you might be better off as it is OP.
>>
File: 1464950292580.jpg (15KB, 531x277px) Image search: [Google]
1464950292580.jpg
15KB, 531x277px
>>17634600

>What are your opinions?

I think racism exists. I think retarded people who see racism everywhere exists. I think retarded people who refuse to acknowledge racism exists.

I think seeing racism everywhere is a form of victimhood that people use as a defense mechanism to avoid looking at the world objectively and analyzing their own behavior in the face of conflict. Its the same defense mechanism extreme feminists use.

I think people who refuse to acknowledge the existence of racism and/or genuinely think racism is over are members of a dangerous movement of ignoramuses. People ignore the effects of racism because it either makes them uncomfortable to address it, they live in an area/racial group that just doesn't experience it, or they were just raised to purposefully ignore it.

Which one this situation is, I don't know and I don't give a shit. Two specific people you know aren't going to date. Thats what I know.
>>
>>17634600
You can't fault the person for not being attracted to all races. People cannot control who they are attracted to. Sometimes it's personality. Sometimes it's hair color. Sometimes it's skin color. No difference. It's just how humans are. You can't force someone to be attracted to another.
>>
>>17634682
That's my take on it. There are definitely people out there on both sides that perpetuate prejudices, but I can't take a conversation on microagressions seriously when one is assuming that white people are automatically racially driven in all their decisions in a negative way. Many are, but in this particular instance, I'm not so sure. I just don't have anything to suggest that it is since I haven't heard this other person say anything that was anti-black before, and so to assume that it was an anti-black sentiment is hasty.

That said, I get where she's coming from since I know from personal experience growing up that I had a lot of shit tossed at me from white people (including my own family who is white, whereas I am Hispanic and white), but I also know it was mostly amongst (1) people who were just uneducated and impressionable at young ages and reformed their beliefs as they got older or (2) to this day sort of remain the same sort of ignoramuses in many other aspects of their lives and aren't generally taken seriously, even by their own friends. Anecdotal, but I suppose the entire discussion is anecdotal.
>>
Everybody would sooner blame the scapegoat than accept their own flaws.
They don't want to acknowledge they might suck a pound of ass, so they blame it on the race card. Simple.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.