[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my brother "converted" to buddhism he has been sitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: bruh.png (237KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
237KB, 500x370px
my brother "converted" to buddhism

he has been sitting in his room meditating and doing yoga for hours on end every day

he became vegetarian, sold 90% of his belongings, and will no longer talk to his friends

im worried about him as he seems completely different

hes not the brother i once knew. it's difficult to be around him. he is very quiet and reserved and doesn't really talk to anyone anymore.

wat do?
>>
What happened to cause this change? Something must've happened
>>
>>17634595
not sure. he wont talk about it.
>>
is he hurting someone?
>>
>>17634588
how long are we talking
less than 3 months and its just a phase he'll grow out of but regret later. If longer its you who needs to change because hes serious
>>
>>17634602
How old is he? You on speaking terms with any of his (former) friends, at least enough to send a Facebook message?

seems like you've already picked up on it, but this is the kind of thing people do when they're depressed or very distressed over some event in their lives. He's hiding from he world and trying to transform into a different person

it's likely that it'll just be a phase though, and honestly, at least he went with Buddhism instead of drugs or booze or self-harm
>>
I had a phase like that for 3 years. Was very cleansing. I learned a lot about myself. Was able to let behind a bunch of bad habits. Shit was cash. Let him be
>>
I don't see the problem with this. Please explain how this is a bad thing.
>But muh brotherly past
Your brother sounds awesome and more people should be like him, take a lesson from him and learn to accept change.
>>
>>17634588
>wat do?
tell him you want to learn to meditate .
talk to him . It'll be ok
>>
Seriously?

If you don't feel comfortable with his choices and he won't talk to you about it (ask again) just leave him be.

We all chose our own paths. Sometimes we feel only what is good for us and forget that we are changing to our loved ones. He will open up to you eventually if you just ask every once in a while. He might not be ready to talk ,he might be scared of you rejecting him so he's putting it off.

Give him space. Don't be an asshole about his religion,even if it makes you uncomfortable.
I don't have any siblings but television and movies taught me that family supports regardless of comfort.
The phase will end, he'll join a monastery or he will find balance and reconnect with you while still being buddist.
It may suck to let him be and not hang out with him but it's life.
>>
>"converted"
>Implying selflessness is wrong
I don't like you, OP. No wonder your brother is reserved, he has a family of judgemental pricks.
>>
>>17634588

Have you tried putting meat in his vegetarian foods? Try doing that but don't make it too obvious. Like just put small bits of meat in his vegetarian food. Of course, if you don't want to be a jerk, you don't have to do this.
>>
>>17634640
Himself
>>
>>17634810
What is the purpose of this?
>>
>>17634813
according to who? has he voiced a complaint? sounds like OP is the one with problem
>>
>>17634818
What? Do you not like fucking with people just because?
>>
>>17635382
No, but I like how we woke up together, bb
>>
>>17634588
Tell him he is a poser and is using some shitty outdated bhuddism. Tell him the people in japan actualy have a life and do shit (and they worship bhudda too)
>>
I don't think you appreciate how great he is. He's trying to find peace. If you really love him and respect him, you'll put your own selfish, petty feelings aside and help him instead of condemning his actions.

Frankly, the fact is, you may be more nuts than him. gl
>>
>>17634588
it is not like he is doing something dangerous or abusive. maybe you are the one who should change and adapt to the new him. maybe you could sometime talk about buddhism, so you understand a lil bit more about your brother, and as a chance to keep a communication.
>>
>>17634588
Something similar happened to me. My brother tripped on a research chemical with me and after he wanted to move to Thailand to become a monk. He stopped hanging out with his friends and started becoming more religious. He also said the world was going to end for a while, eventually I convinced him other wise. Though he didn't "convert" fully like your brother he too stopped talking to his friends and would barely communicate with family. I sat down and talked to him and convinced him he wasn't thinking enough, I asked how he arrived to these opinions and decisions and why he thought these were good ideas. I basically threw it in his face that he'd put no thought into it, he just decided that's what he'd do. Don't know if the same will work for your brother but even if he tries to ignore you, know that he's listening.
>>
If he is for real; learn from him

If he is phony (which I think he is, because buddhists do not tend to be mute cunts 24h a day) then tell him that just being a better guy and helping others will make him a better buddhist already.
>>
>>17634588
Is he happy?

- If answer is NO, then he will eventually realize by himself that this is not the path for him.

- If answer is YES then it is none of your business.
>>
>>17634759

>calls someone else judgemental prick

> literally judges someone after one post on the internet
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.