[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all your friends are hanging out together >no one invited

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Bielema.gif (2MB, 300x413px) Image search: [Google]
Bielema.gif
2MB, 300x413px
>all your friends are hanging out together
>no one invited you

worst feeling in the world

how do i stop being the one that doesn't get invited
>>
How about you do the inviting? Invite them out to your place or to a bar or something.
>>
>>17634292
>two mutual friends enjoy their company more than they enjoy yours
>you watch them become great friends
>start feeling like a third wheel
>get pissed off and avoid them
>"anon why dont you hang out with us anymore"
>too pissed off to hang out with them
>too pissed off to admit you were jealous
>end up alone and depressed.
>>
>>17634292
Join the club, pal. I don't want to tell you to find new friends because you're probably tied down in whatever shithole you're in, but the moment you move and/or can get new friends, drop those fucks faster than a Sunday roast turd.
>>
>>17634316
i've tried doing that
it leads to me seeing them about once a month, feeling like this is finally the time that i'm going to break through and be included in everything, and then i'm crushed again to find out that they still don't invite me

maybe i should try to find new and better friends but i've never been really good at making friends from scratch
>>
>>17634339
i'll hang on to the one friend who does occasionally invite me out (albeit never with the group, just with her), but the others i'll drop
>>
>>17634339

I agree. If your friends fucking abandon you like that, get new ones next chance you can and completely ignore those fucks until they come up to you.
>>
>>17634316

Yep anon, this. Friendship is a two-way street, and if you're never reaching out to put something together, they're going to assume you don't give a shit about them, or don't want to come at all.

Although, reluctantly, there is is the concept that you're that guy that your "friends" really don't like. I've been a part of a couple of really tight knit friend groups over the years, and we've all had a couple of people that we just really didn't want around, because they sucked.

One of my favorite examples was this kid that once started throwing a flurry of punches at me because I told someone he was Jewish at a party. He was Jewish. I didn't say it disparagingly.

He used to just show up at my door if he saw cars outside, which made him super dislikable. I was having a dinner party with my parents and invited two of my oldest friends, and he showed up at my door because he saw their cars, and was like "why don't I get invites to your parties?" Then I invited him in to meet my great aunt.

Guy sucked. Don't be him. Plus his gross sister tried to fuck everyone.
>>
>>17634359
i don't think i'm the guy they don't like, because i know there was another guy they pushed out of the group as i joined in
i get that i'm probably the least important member of the group because they'd all known each other longer, but i still feel like i should get invited to hang out at least occasionally

tbqh i've felt like this guy in every group of friends i've ever had, and i don't know how to stop being this guy
>>
>>17634292
>all your friends are in relationships
>can never do anything because they don't want you to third-wheel them, and you have nobody else to bring along like your other friends
>>
they just don't like you that much
>>
>friends
they arent your friends mate, open your eyes
>>
>>17634366
before you say maybe i am that guy:

1. maybe i am, but if i am, how do i fix that?
2. in high school, it was because i was too beta to ever initiate anything with anyone, not sure what it is now
3. they did used to invite me out, but now they don't anymore
>>
>>17634385

1. Don't be too clingy. Take a breather, this isn't the end of the world, even though it feels like it. Let them do their thing for a while.
2. Initiate with people, grab a buddy or two from the group, ask if they wanna get a beer, or swing by and play vidya, or even just lunch on campus or something (not sure what age you are).
3. Once you've had a couple of times hanging out with some of the dudes more one-on-one, I bet you'll hear from them.

Biggest enough, just don't let yourself get down about it.
>>
>>17634292
You need some hard time alone OP. Figure out what you really need. You need to become more independent. Fuck your so called friends, they just invite you once in a while because they pity you. I've seen this shit happen, both to me and others around the circles I've been.
Now I've found some real friends and I've cut out all the relationship I had beforehand. Not once did I regret it.
Work on yourself OP, you'll always be the most important person in your own interest.
>>
Should a seeker not find a companion who is better or equal, let him resolutely pursue a solitary course; there is no fellowship with the fool.
>>
i have one friend who has basically told me "you know i'm a bad texter, just let me know whenever you want to hang out"

should i remain friends with her or should i only have friends that will invite me to hang out as much as i invite them to hang out
>>
>>17634618

Whatever you feel comfortable with. That's like asking us if you prefer oranges or apples while you know the answer yourself.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.