[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been out of a fucking job for months now. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: angry driving cat.jpg (74KB, 526x567px) Image search: [Google]
angry driving cat.jpg
74KB, 526x567px
I've been out of a fucking job for months now. I've applied to hundreds of jobs with like 2 interviews to show for it. I'm subscribed to 10 different job sites. I've lied on my resume like crazy.

WHERE CAN I WORK?! I'll move boxes for goodness sake.
>>
File: 1470361470828.jpg (52KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470361470828.jpg
52KB, 640x640px
>>17634242
It's hard to say without seeing your resume.
>>
>>17634242

>I've lied on my resume like crazy

Might be your problem there, Copernicus. You can either clearly be lying, or appear to be way overqualified. I'm not going to be able to ever get a job at a gas station or grocery store after 10 years of experience in my specialized field, because they know I'll quit for something better when it arises.

I bet your resume also sucks. Post a pic with the personal stuff edited out.
>>
File: CtkItSoVUAA6s80.jpg (212KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
CtkItSoVUAA6s80.jpg
212KB, 1200x900px
>>17634275
>I'm not going to be able to ever get a job at a gas station or grocery store after 10 years of experience in my specialized field

Which is why you wouldn't tell them about said experience, "Copernicus".
>>
>>17634242
Fuck man , I been outta work for a week and I'm going crazy. Goodluck.

But yeah try job agencies , Craigslist , warehouses , go business to buisness asking if there hiring. There's work out there , trust.
>>
>be OP
>join non arm/marine force of military
>literal profit

its not fucking hard you idiot.
>>
>>17634278

Employers are still going to wonder what you did with the past 10 years of your life, Copernicus.
>>
What are the job sites, so that I can use them all
>>
>>17634363
Not if they're hiring for a gas station attendant, "Copernicus".
>>
>>17634363
Wanna know how I know you've never left mommies house?
>>
>>17634652

If you walk in and you're clearly in your 30s, and have no discernible job experience for the past 10 years, you're not gonna get a job. If you walk in and have a clearly fake resume, you're not gonna get a job. If you have overwhelming experience compared to the position, you're not gonna get a job.

>>17634677

Wanna know how I know you've never left middle management?
>>
>>17634709
I literally own a business. You are an idiot.
>>
File: CtzzDGVUEAAQ6JN.jpg (119KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CtzzDGVUEAAQ6JN.jpg
119KB, 900x1200px
>>17634709
You are so wrong.. Retail jobs require no experience regardless of age. Try to get out more, kiddo.
>>
>>17634718
I don't care if you're Bill Gates, if you seriously think it's a good idea for him to leave the past ten years blank on his resume, then you're a fucking idiot and you need to stop talking about things you know nothing about. He's entirely correct; you're the one who sounds like you have no life experience.
>>
>Some sort of a dad guy is next-level avatarfagging

Holy shit does this happen here normally?
>>
>>17634734
He probably doesn't have experience in this. If he really does own his own business, then it makes sense that he's disconnected from the reality of applying for jobs.
>>
File: 1475526834745.jpg (50KB, 484x506px) Image search: [Google]
1475526834745.jpg
50KB, 484x506px
>>17634738
No, it's normally people like this
>>
>>17634718

I'm going for the larger scale scope of things here. OP can clearly not get a job "moving boxes," so while you might be willing to hire warm bodies with zero experience and fake resumes, I've hired for four different companies. OP has submitted "hundreds" of applications and can't get a job. Clearly there's an issue.

>>17634726

I already learned you were the new Pegasus in the first thread I met you in, so I'll be ignoring you moving forward.
>>
>>17634739

Wasn't saying I own my own my own business at all. Just that I've hired on many, many levels. Over 60+ employees, from retail, to entry level, to management level, to exec level.
>>
File: Wpt7gFAm_200x200.jpg (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Wpt7gFAm_200x200.jpg
12KB, 200x200px
>>17634734
Protip- shit level jobs like "gas station attendant" don't require a resume. You apply and it honestly doesn't matter what experience you have as long as you're not a complete spaz.. Again, it's time to leave the comfort of mommy's house and join the rest of us in the real world. (^;
>>
>>17634760
>I literally own a business.
Can you explain what you think this sentence means? It's irrelevant if it's your 'own' - this sentence conveys the idea that you own this business, regardless of who created it. You own the business - that is the idea behind this sentence. Or was this not your post?
>>
>>17634748
"Box mover" isn't a job that would require a reference check. You are full of shit. OP probably can't fill out a job app correctly.
>>
>>17634777
God you're stupid. You can't even follow the conversation. He wasn't the one claiming to own a business, retard. Just stop posting.
>>
>>17634738
he's some idiot from /pol/ pretending to be someone else.

he thinks he is hilarious. just let him think this and eventually he will move on.
>>
>>17634788
>just let him think this

Think what exactly?
>>
>>17634787
What? His confusion was completely understandable -- really, I'm not sure why >>17634760 thought he was talking about him.

But this kind of thing does happen occasionally considering, you know, we all post under the same name.

Well, almost all of us.
>>
>>17634242
try your local career center if you have one nearby OP.

they offer workshops, help you out with your resume, sometimes have hiring events, etc.
>>
>>17634777

It wasn't my post, at all, no. So, uhhh...

>>17634782

OP literally said he would take a job moving boxes. He can't get one. He is struggling to get a job that does not require a background check. He is lying on his resume, probably with a bunch of shit that he thinks looks good, but instead looks completely fake to any seasoned hiring manager.

It's clear he's trying to make himself look good, when really, if he walked into a warehouse, said "I'm down on my luck and willing to put in any kind of hard work for an opportunity," he'd get get a job.
>>
>>17634811

I will say, I think it's my mistake for the confusion, looking back at the posts. I clicked on the wrong post to quote.

I'm the guy that doesn't own his own business, but has hired for a bunch of positions, that thinks lying on a resume is a bad idea. Hope that helps.
>>
>>17634811
This is how I got my first few jobs when I was younger.
No resume. Just walked in and asked for work.
>>
>>17634821
This right here. Anyone saying that lack of experience or a gap in employment will disqualify them from moving boxes is an idiot or full of shit. OP is either lying or majorly fucked up some basic aspects of the job app. He probably has a felony..
>>
>>17634821

Yeah, that's totally valid. That's how you get most experience when you're young. They'll take an able bodied kid for sure.

I assume that if OP has a "resume," it's clearly filler, and he/she isn't willing to take a job as simple as moving boxes.
>>
>>17634868
>They'll take an able bodied kid for sure.

They'll hire anyone with a good attitude you mong.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.