[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I came back from having the time of my life about a month ago,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

I came back from having the time of my life about a month ago, but ever since, I've pretty much given up on work. I'm sitting there at my desk, letting project deadlines get ever closer, or outright ignoring them. I just can't find my motivation anymore and every day seems like an exasperated effort. Nothing seems fun or valuable.

Is there any way to shake this? Every day I just want to come back to my bed, or leave forever. The idea of quitting is creeping into my mind, but that would be reckless.
>>
File: Ctf6qvxUAAA2u30.jpg (276KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ctf6qvxUAAA2u30.jpg
276KB, 1200x900px
>>17634183
What do you do for a living? I'm an inventor!
>>
>>17634236

Marketing.
>>
>>17634183
At my last job, I wanted to kill myself every time I worked. Like clockwork, between hours 3 and 6 of an 8 hour shift, I would just think about death and how to die, etc. Eventually, I started meditating at work on my lunch break and whenever I had a spare moment. This made the difference I needed to get through without breaking down.

I quit eventually though, for what it's worth. Why did you begin working there?
>>
>>17634367

Well, to know why I took this job it's a little important to know why I left the last...

My last gig elevated me up the ranks extraordinarily fast - I went from being a part time sales assistant at a property to being the head of my division of corporate in the span of three years. Suddenly, some shifts in the company happened, and they asked me to start doing shit I had absolutely no experience in, that wasn't going to develop my career - and they also told me there would be no opportunity for financial growth within the company unless we really started killing it. I felt I was put in a position to fail. I started doing what I'm doing now - just not caring.

So I decided to quit, take the time to get my mind right, and find a new job. Unfortunately, the company's reputation was in the shitter, and I ran into a lot of employers that literally threw away my resume just for being associated with the company.

My current company is huge and amazing overall (I'll nearly guarantee you've heard of it, unless you've lived under a rock for the past 50 years), but I had to desperately take the job because my savings had burnt out. I'm making double what I did at the last job, and you'd think all is well, but they're also letting me know that my job is going to drastically change. I'm having a hard time adjusting to the past five years of persistently learning new, demanding jobs.
>>
File: 5. Nightscape.jpg (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
5. Nightscape.jpg
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>17634183
What your experiencing is natural. 5 years ago I took a trip to China for work. I had a bunch of vacation days i needed to use before the year was up. I ended up using them to increase the time on my trip after my work was done. I ended up spending like 3 weeks there, enjoying bars, and back packing everywhere. I didn't want to come back, but I have a house and many other bills to pay. So I did. The whole time I was back, i just couldn't focus or care. Eventually after a month, my boss told me my performance was suffering and that I needed to reevaluate everything. I did and realised I didn't want to start over at another job and go through all the job hunting and new hire bull shit again.

The key thing to do, is to use this as your inspiration. Once I realised i didnt want to leave my job or get fired , I buckled down. Now I work the year through, knowing, that I will go on an awesome trip at the end. And I do this because I know that it's all thanks to the hard work I put in at my job. And becsuse if this I will be able to have another awesome vacation.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.