[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I text this girl, we have fun, fast-paced conversations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (537KB, 1435x1274px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
537KB, 1435x1274px
When I text this girl, we have fun, fast-paced conversations that can go on for hours, but in person it's almost nothing but awkward silence.

Is this normal? Should I worry about it? How can I fix it?
>>
No, you can can't.

This is why interactions over text do not count. Text hides your autism, something real life can't hide.
>>
>>17632954
Sounds like she is shy and more comfortable with texting. You should worry a bit. I mean do you like this girl? Do you want a relationship? As friends, this is fine. But if you want something more, it won't last until she comes out of her shell.

Take her out more. When you talk about stuff, start talking about the stuff you talk about via text, then go from there.
>>
>>17633025
>>17632954
That's weird cause I'm the opposite.
Autistic over text, fast-paced fun conversations in real life.
>>
>>17633034
I'm convinced it's both of us, if not just me...

She's mentioned that she's anxious before, but I can't help but feel like the problem's mostly on my end whenever we're hanging out.
>>
>>17633045

Lmao, are you sure you don't just have severe autism and can't tell in real life?
>>
Normal for two people who are both shy/anxious/fretting over making a good impression, yes. Try to see each other with more people around so it takes the pressure off your one on one interaction... eg, having minimal conversation isn't weird if there's also music or a group conversation going on. That'll allow you to grow more comfortable and once you're really one on one the ice will be broken.
>>
>>17632954
I have the opposite problem.
In texts, I'm usually the one who initiates everything but in person, she says hi to me first etc.
>>
>>17633220
No, because in real life when I hang out with girls the conversation is always flowing and most the time we end up kissing/having sex.

It's just very bad when texting sometimes, especially if I actually like a girl, to a point where she told me to stop being autistic.
I've been improving at it though, sorting my shit out.
>>
>>17633654
How do you improve it?
>>
OP the conversations you have in text dont improve your intimacy half as much as if you had had the same conversation in real life. Theres a lot more that goes in to interaction then just exchange of thought and texting cuts out all of these small, important details. Put down the phone and start conversating IRL, for a much healthier and fun relationship.
>>
I am experiencing the exact opposite of this, when I text I just get these single word answers back like it is impossible to keep the conversation going but in reality it just goes on until I have to leave. Sometimes I think it is just because she can't ignore me when I am with her. Any ideas?

>>17632964
You can try to talk about the same subjects that you talk about while texting maybe it works. If you pick things you normally would text about you should be able to keep going
>>
>>17632954
start talking about things you talked while texting, in my experience it is just a matter of adjustment, because both of you don't see each other too often
>>
>>17633867
>>17632954
Wrong postnumber
>>
>>17633822
Practicing my chat on tinder.
Not getting emotionally invested in women early on.
>>
>>17633822
Texting is kind of like hosting a late night show.
>ask questions that make the person you're interviewing talk
>comment on what they're talking about with a joke when appropriate
>if a joke is not an appropriate response, change the subject to something more lighthearted
>break for commercial every once in a while.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.