[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I git gud at music if I have zero talent at it Is 18 too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (183KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183KB, 1024x1280px
How do I git gud at music if I have zero talent at it
Is 18 too late to start a career
>>
File: 1.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>17631364
>18
>too late to start a career
>>
>>17631364
>How do I git gud at music if I have zero talent at it
same way talented people do it: lots of practice. you will just need to do more practice if you don't have talent. taking classes will help.

>Is 18 too late to start a career
no. but even people that have talent and work nonstop won't usually have successful music careers. unless you are one of the lucky few who get famous, your best bet for a semi-steady income in music is to be a session musician. basically someone who people hire when they need a guitar part, violin part, whatever it is you play. but for that you have to be extremely skilled and able to work with all kinds of people. creative folks are often temperamental or straight up nuts, so be ready for that too. failing that, you can earn a few spare bucks here and there giving lessons. but it's not a living.

tl;dr, don't quit your day job.
>>
get the idea that you will have a career in music out of your head and do it because you love to do it

cause what >>17631397 is true, but if you're just grateful to get to do it at all then failure is not an option
>>
>>17631382
C'mon anon let's get serious. If you want to be a professional in your field then you should learn from the age of 8.
Now at the age of 18 you're parents suddenly become assholes and try to kick you out of the house or force you into a full-time wagecuck job or a college.

How the hell are you going to suddenly learn in 1 year what you haven't learned in 12 years.
>>
Music professional here. It's not too late, but I would not suggest aiming for it as a career right off the bat even if you were a musician already.

First off, disregard the idea that you're going to make a living from selling music or touring. Any significant income from that goes to a very select few with big connections. Most people you see in the industry have day jobs or live off commissions, and that's what you should aim for realistically: to have it as a side-gig primarily.

Study music on the side and stay in a part time job until you start getting enough commissions regularly that you'd be losing money by staying in it. Personally, I currently charge the category bottom rates for professionals and make about $100 per minute of music. To me, that usually takes 1 to 3 hours to produce. In busy months, I make really good money at this point, enough that the weak months don't result in me going completely broke. But until I got here, it took me years and I was already a competent musician.

Do not go into this thinking of the money or the stress will be too much.
>>
>>17631397
>>17632102

Very good advice, I am surprised actually, you're living in a time where you can create music alone without other musicians abuse it.

P.S Touring is overrated as fuck, it drains your health so fast, you will question yourself multiple times if you're cut out for this If you ever go on tour that is
>>
I would hope not, I'm 22 and I want to get started on it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.