[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hangout with guy you haven't seen in 2 and a half years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: split-1030x615.jpg (73KB, 1030x615px) Image search: [Google]
split-1030x615.jpg
73KB, 1030x615px
>hangout with guy you haven't seen in 2 and a half years for 1 and a half days.
>he starts messaging you daily asking to hangout
>"hey what you doing right now? Well what you doing later? Well what you doing tomorrow? Wanna go on a hike? Hey, how about that hike? Wanna stop by and smoke weed?"
>he tells you he's going to start up at the jiu-jitsu gym you go to on Monday

How am I suppose to deal with obnoxious people with zero self awareness? How can I deal with it knowing I will have to see him several nights a week at my gym if he actually goes through with joining?
>>
Had the same thing happen with a girl I met at a volunteer event. Texted way too much and would call about some piddly shit that didn't need a phone call.

How I dealt with it, I invited her to coffee and told her she needs to chill. Told her texting too much isn't a good look and that is comes off as desperate. Made sure to remind her that I don't mind her texts but too much isn't a good thing.

She thanked me and things have been good so far.
>>
>>17604867
That's fine and all. I don't want to be friends with this person. His personality is rather toxic and he's completely unaware of himself. It's a little more complicated than just not speaking with him though. We were close friends growing up from grade 8-12. Then I slowly eased out talking to him because he moved away for 2 years, so that worked out well. He moved back in August and asked if I wanted to hangout. We catched up, I realized he hasn't changed and is still an obnoxious person and now I'm being bombarded with messages almost everyday by a desperate sensitive NEET that wants to be my best friend.
>>
>>17604878

Then you be direct and say that you feel the friend you knew from the past isn't the same and that you wish to go your seperate ways. Do it in person, not by phone or text. After this is done, block him social networking and phone.
>>
>>17604858
Same thing happened to me in college. This dude would legitimately call me about every inane detail in his life and I just didn't care. So I told him straight up unless it's important don't call me. Then he starts texting me about bullshit and I just don't respond
>>
>>17604889

Why not just block him?
>>
>>17604883
>>17604889
I wish I could fully articulate this guy to you guys.

He's a strange case. He's highly sensitive and takes things very personally. He is a literal compulsive liar and will lie about the silliest shit. Even shit that doesnt even matter. I don't know if it's to try and impress me, impress himself, maybe he wishes he was the person he describes himself as. I don't know. But it's obnoxious when you know a person is lying to your face. Like what do you do? When I was closer to him in grade school some buddies and I wound regularly call him out on his b.s and he would stick to his stories till the very end and always look heart broken and embarrassed doing it. Now it's just him and I that hangout and I kinda feel sorry for him so I don't really want to hurt him.
>>
File: MRsdkndsnvk.jpg (42KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
MRsdkndsnvk.jpg
42KB, 620x372px
>>17604906

So you will endure this bullshit because you feel sorry for him.

This is how relationships go back past their terminal date and how people become miserable. Nip this in the ass now. He is a grown man and can handle this...in fact you are doing him a service. By rejecting him and laying it out for him to why you are not dealing with his crap, he will have to self evaluate himself and change.

Make it happen the next time you see him.
>>
>>17604913
He's also saying how he's going to be joining my bjj gym. Did you take that into consideration? I might have to see this guy on a daily basis after breaking him the news..
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.