[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/, I am a 23 year old medicine student, perhaps the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Raider.gif (16KB, 166x161px) Image search: [Google]
Raider.gif
16KB, 166x161px
Hello /adv/,
I am a 23 year old medicine student, perhaps the one with the highest grades out of 100smth of my course. I live with my parents because my university is very close. I study a lot and I am very motivated to become a neurologist.
The problem is my mother is undealable with.
1) she yells at me/everyone for no reason. She just finds a random not perfect thing and goes on a rant on how I am useless, a parasite etc. despite all the hard effort I am putting to (probably?) top my class.
2) she always threatens to stop doing her basic housework which really is not much considering a day out of two we have a cleaning lady. My mother works 4 hours a day at best.
3) she always wants to give her opinions on things she does not understand at all like the things I am studying, IT etc.. and when I explain her how things work according to how I studied them she snaps.
4) she often threatens to call a psychiatrist or something when I scream back at her despite me just defending my actions.

Today
I was sleeping and at about 8 o' clock she bursts into my room yelling at me "THE ROUTER DOES NOT WORK, WHY HAVE YOU CHANGED THE PASSWORD, I MUST WORK YOU PARASITE". She does not use the modem to work but w/e.. and I never touched the password. I almost wanted to punch her dead at this point, I am that exhausted of her behaviour. Instead, I told her that the ip she was trying to reach was not that of our modem and I even fixed her problem which was simply that she was trying to connect to a wifi that all our family knows it does not work.
>>
>>17604282
Also, this is one day before the last exam of the year. I have noticed she always tries to make me upset ESPECIALLY when I am close to an exam. I don't know if I am being paranoid but it seems too strange. Anyway she had to drive me to the city of my university because my car is being used by my brother and now, after this, she refuses to because I screamed at her about how she has to stop insulting and blaming me for everything. So now, with the horrible public transports where I live, I must find a way TO GIVE AN EXAM.
What the fuck do I do? I don't even know, I am about to feel broken.
>>
Is this a single mom family?
>>
leave home, get grants and scholarships if you're so smart. i find it hard to believe that an aspiring neurologist can't see the damage your our mother is causing you.
>>
>>17604282
This is how I imagine all asian families.
>>
Cut ties and run. Worst case scenario you have to get a part time job to pay rent. Just get away from her
>>
>>17604282
Your mum sounds like an ever so slightly different version of mine, I can't fucking wait to move away for university next year
>>
>>17604286

Well, you can start taking notes on when she does it.

Not that I had a bad mom, but I could always smell when she was on her period by her behaviour.

Have you thought about confronting her with her behaviour? If you do it calm she might actually snap out of her behaviour cycle, which is what you want to achieve. Before you do it, discuss it with your father and siblings you have. You might not be the only one that has to bear it, so the more support you gain, the better.
>>
>>17604331
The type of parent that OP has described really can't be changed, they're so set it their way, no amount of talking will do anything
>>
sorry, I thought no one would answer

>>17604293
No but my father is often away

>>17604297
>>17604310
I cannot get scholarship and grants because in my country, in order to get those, you need to be poor and very good but I am not poor at all and I really don't know how I would manage to keep myself and study at the same time (I study to exhaustion).

>>17604299
I am not asian

>>17604329
I wish I wasn't so close to my uni city. I hope it gets better for you.
>>17604331
She does it all the time, it's not really a period thing unless she has one every day but thanks for the idea

>>17604333
this is what I also think, I am so exhausted I am even considering physical threats.

Thank you for the replies
>>
>claims to be the top med student
>constructs this sentence: The problem is my mother is undealable with.
I really have no hope for your graduating class if this is what the top student looks like.
>>
>>17604372

Arguably the most respected mathematician that is alive today, terrence tao, made a simple error while presenting as a guest on a talk show.

A man who has spent his entire life learning mathematics from the greats and holds an affinity for mathematics most consider only to occur once between multiple generations, incorrectly stated a number less than 100 to be a prime number.

Only an idiot would think that intelligence doesn't come hand in hand with making mistakes.
>>
>>17604365
No wonder he is. She is probably frustrated.

I had a mother pissing me off because my dad was a cold fuck and just did not give a shit.
I still side with father tho at least he kept her in place but she was throwing it all on the kids because fo that.
>>
Gather everybody in the house and make sure they know she wants to be appriceated. Tell her you love her and that she needs to relax abit.

And many help alil with the chores.

Screaming back at her meens youre going into her game instead change it, be proactive not reactive .. Worked on my roomate
>>
Move out. You're more than old enough to stop being a leech.
>>
>>17604408
t. OP mom
>>
>>17604411
You know I'm right.
>>
Help her in some way, maybe get a job or help her with household tasks. And quit yelling back that only fuels the fire. Or just move out
>>
My Dad was sorta like this, but not as bad. You basically just have to agree with everything they say in order to not piss them off, no matter how stupid the shit they say is. I mean once you are able to get a job, you should be able to afford your own house if you're studying medicine, so just bide your time until then. If you really want when you start earning real cash, and your Mum gets older and starts becoming more dependant you could basically just call HER a parasite and not give her shit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.