[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's this homeless guy in my town, I see him every day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1359240819872.jpg (379KB, 2996x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1359240819872.jpg
379KB, 2996x2000px
There's this homeless guy in my town, I see him every day walking to work

He talks to himself and stuff and is clearly mentally ill or maybe just extremely lonely

I was at a bar and I looked out the window a foot behind where I was sitting and he was literally sitting there leaning up against the window staring at me. It was so scary. He was just staring at me for ages, easily 5 minutes. Then he went

So creepy but I feel horrible for him. I'm worried he's going to start stalking me and kill me or something but I also think "Damn maybe he was just wanting human interaction with a familiar face who he sees walk by him every day"

I started crying when I got home and just wanted to scream "Why doesn't anyone help him" mainly directed at myself - why can't I help him. Why is this world so shit. I feel bad for him
>>
You could greet him everytime you come across him. Find out his name and then learn his story, ask around. See if he'll tell you, then you can find out if he should be helped or wants to be helped. I think you might feel better if you helped at a homeless shelter, or maybe get him a drink even.
>>
>>17604056
What if he's severely mentally ill and starts stalking me though and tries to kill me

I'm scared he'll gain some mental attachment to me and expect too much from me and get upset if I don't give him more, I don't know
>>
>>17604061
Just carry on. You could give him some food every once in a while as it'd be nice, but doesn't matter much. Being homeless sucks, and at times I didn't want help as you do get used to things being shitty in a way. Small luxeries only last so long and then you have to get reacclimated to not having things. That may have just been me though.
>>
>>17604056

No. Having a mentally ill homeless person fixate their attention on you is a nightmare. I had it happen to me several times by just working in a cafe in a big city and giving the bare minimum attention to them required by my job.

Prepare to be intruded on, stalked, and asked for favors. I've had the staring thing happen to me too. Turned out when anyone tried to interact with the guy he'd quickly turn violent. Ended up having to ban him from the store and keep the phone around anytime he showed up on the block.

Honestly when it comes to homeless people you just have to ignore the potentially dangerous ones and be very kind to the people who are just having a rough life. It's sad that you're better off ignoring someone's existence, but when you can't do anything to help them and they'd be a toxic element in your life, it's the only option. Yeah, it's harder to deal with when the problem is right in front of you, but there's plenty of people with sad lives and you've know they exist all over the world. tt's kind of naive to have a moral crisis just because one of those people happen to show up in front of you.
>>
>>17604084
Thanks I needed to hear that

This is what I've been thinking exactly as you wrote it I just thought I was being a bit of an asshole, but no you're right

Jesus I hope he doesn't become fixated on me. That's my main fear, that I become some element of his mind that he thinks about. It's a weird thought
>>
>>17604044
>I started crying when I got home and just wanted to scream "Why doesn't anyone help him" mainly directed at myself - why can't I help him.
>>17604061
>I'm worried if I help him he'll rape and murder me or something because he's maybe insane or something

sounds like you figured out "why doesn't anyone help him", glad we could help you work through this
>>
>>17604044
The local cops know about him. They have decided he's harmless, and they have tried to help him find a homeless shelter, etc. If he hasn't taken their help, all they can do is keep an eye on him.

Oh, and he almost certainly was NOT staring at you, just looking aimlessly at nothing and you were in his way.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.