[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have the Cassandra curse. A simple example: >I tell my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1467266278303.png (46KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467266278303.png
46KB, 1920x1080px
I have the Cassandra curse.

A simple example:

>I tell my friends that X character in a video game is supossed to be played in a certain way.
>They don't believe me and make fun of me for my statement.
>Some time later (maybe a week, maybe a year or more) a professional gamer (yeah, esports, deal with it) plays the character the way I told my friends it was supossed to be played.

Now, this happens too often and I never miss a chance to "I told you" them, yet they still won't believe my statements (and no, this has nothing to do with me being an asshole when proven right, I would've noticed if that was the case).

This situation is not limited to video games nor is it limited to my friends (I don't go "I told you" with other people).

I understand that people is resistant to ideas that differ from theirs and are not willing to accept them, but for fucks sake even if I especify when I'm stating an opinion and when I'm stating a fact they still don't believe me.

How do I make people believe me when I'm telling the truth?
>>
>>17603810
you don't, let people live
>>
>>17603810
Can't these characters be played in multiple ways, depending on situation, meta, updates, etc?
I'd say there are more than one way to play, just because a pro comes to a certain way that aligns to yours, doesn't mean it's the only and best way. But I think I get what you mean, I used to play Dota 2 and people generally follow the meta, the meta almost always being set by the pro players and people are resistant to experimenting or playing in other ways. But you say this isn't limited to this, so throw that away. There isn't much you can do, in fact, it's probably better for people to find their own way. If you believe you're very intelligent and perceptive then use that for something useful, or surround yourself with equally intelligent and perceptive people. Those who are keenly aware of themselves and won't just dismiss your conclusions and ideas. Most people will just dislike you if you try tell them how something is though.
>>
>>17603864
I told my friends Skywrath mid was viable 2 years ago and until W33 played (and won) the TI final's first game with it they would complain whenever I played it, even after winning, again that is just one example of the many.

Fuck, my friends themselves are aware of my cassandra curse and even make jokes about it yet are still unable to accept my statements even if I remind them of all those times I was right.

I think there has to be something about the way I tell it to people, like there's something in me that make people resufe to accept that I am often right... maybe is because of my attitude towards failure (I always deal with my failures with my head high and rarely show weakness) so that's probably what triggers people, but fuck them.

On the other hand, my friends had seen me in my best and my worst and have seen me fail more than anyone else, they have seen me all broken and picking myself up piece by piece. I just find it weird that people still won't believe me despite how different the situation or my what my relationship with them is.
>>
>>17603912
holy fuck the world is bigger than your little game, this is not an issue.
>>
>>17603922
Did you miss the part when I said it was just an example, ok I'll give you one that does not relate to video games.

Last month we were specially busy at work and I know my boss is a douche so he only ever talks to me when shit happens, I detected an issue so I told everyone who should care about it but nobody gave a fuck, I also told my coworker (just for the sake of having a witness) that one to two weeks later my boss would call me and would be pissed with me and shit all because nor him nor anyone else listened to my warning when it was still easily dealt with.

You know what happened? Exactly what I predicted, that happened.
>>
>>17603944
Wow, you have reasoning skills.

Holy fuck, you're like jesus.

Teach me how to be all-knowing like you.
>>
>>17603979
The dude is obviously asking how to get people to listen
>>
>>17603979
Yes, I have proven I am not a retard, thank you.

Now please just don't ignore me the next time I warn you about something, deal?
>>
Make smarter friends
>>
>>17603990
You don't do well with sarcasm, do you?

People don't listen to you because you don't have anything interesting or useful to say.

Sometimes it absolutely matters where the information came from. The fact that you cannot see this just proves you're way too far up your own ass.
>>
>>17603999
I think you are the one who's not good with sarcasm.

Anyway, you just described the point of the thread, good job there.

I am not all-knowing but when my job is to tell a person when he has to deal with something I expect that person to deal with it because is my fucking job to warn them and is their fucking job to listen to my warning and when they don't it causes trouble for both of us.
>>
either you only surround yourself with contrarians, or you have so many opinions on what is the "right" thing that you annoy people into becoming defensive, because any discussion about what is "right" turns into an argument because you can't stop explaining why they're wrong.
>>
>>17604097
as proven in this very thread
>>
OP, you sound like the perfect example of someone who isn't actually a leader, but just wants to be "right" all of the time. Part of having people listen to you involves making suggestions that are good advice, leading by example, but letting people fail if the stakes aren't too high. Seeing as you're talking about a MOBA, the stakes aren't too high.

Instead, you're stamping your feet and saying "wah, listen to ME!!!!!" No one will listen to you because you're throwing a fit about shit that doesn't matter in the long run.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.