[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>anytime anything bad happens to you, it's 100% your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: git gud.png (3KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
git gud.png
3KB, 100x100px
>anytime anything bad happens to you, it's 100% your fault and you should have prevented it
>anytime anything good happens to you, it's either dumb luck of benevolence from others and you did nothing to bring it upon yourself

Why does it always feel this way? Why does everyone always tell me this is the case? Even when I literally roll dice badly, people act like I did something wrong and unskillful and brought the misfortune upon myself on purpose. It goes double when it's stuff of complete chance that I had no hand in, like computer game random factors or market fluctuations influencing my savings accounts. If I lose 12 bucks on something, it's not TD at fault, it's me. If I miss a 99% shot in XCOM, it's not the game, it's that I personally rolled badly. Why is everything bad that happens taken as something I personally did wrong? And what few times it goes right, why doesn't anyone ever credit me?
>>
>>17603648
Why do you even care about others' perception of your successes and failures in life? The fault of every single event is shared among the elements that were actively involved in the event in question. Pinpointing the true cause behind many of life's happenings is not only impossible in practice but probably also theoretically due to the chaotic nature of the Universe. For that reason I ask that you fucking chill my nigga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7qFN6naZGc
>>
>>17603648
nobody really says the second...

people look up to successful/rich people, even if those people didn't do anything to deserve it
>>
File: 1464600406726.jpg (25KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
1464600406726.jpg
25KB, 600x451px
Stop redirecting blame to yourself. If you are able to calm down and think about what lead up to what happened, you should be able to decide how much was and wasn't in your control.

Based on that, you can deduce what should be under your list of worries.

As for good things, well, think of it the same way; understand that lots of things that are good are thanks to others and their labor. It has been like this since the beginning of humankind. Think nothing of it, but give your thanks where necessary/appropriate whenever possible so then you won't be seen as ungrateful. It means a lot to people when you show you thanks.

Also, don't listen to other people because they more often than not speak before thinking about what comes out of their mouths.

Lots of people don't show gratitude when it's due, so you needn't worry about it so much unless you seek validation, which would then hinder your future endeavors because you'll be tricked to think, "What's the point? Why do this when no one is thankful?" In my opinion, you should just do the things you like, and go on in life. When you do do things that are to your thanks, those who matter will go out of their way to show appreciation, and in that time you will realize that it was worthwhile. That's of course depending on what you find pleasurable, but if you're going to rise up in the societal tree, being a sort of independent figure of your own that people look up to (selflessness is a good trait for starters) will attract that sort of gratitude you're seeking. Know that your deed doesn't need to have a large impact: in fact, the small things you do will echo mountains worth of words compared to the occasional large contribution in your community, and people will praise you for it. Personal connections will be made, and people will want to be your friend.

For now take it easy and focus on yourself and/or whatever you need to in order to get your shit together mentally.
>>
>>17603725
>Why do you even care about others' perception of your successes and failures in life?
Wanna know how I know you're a kissless virgin who's never held a job?
>>
>>17603800
You focus too much on others. Sorry to disappoint, but I couldn't care less about how other people see me, and I'm not the NEET wizard you predicted me to be. Again, you need to chill.
>>
>>17603844
Thank you for the stellar advice, kissless virgin NEET who has literally never held a job in his entire 17 year long life.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.