[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate my life I worked hard in school and got straight A's,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1474690919020.gif (438KB, 395x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474690919020.gif
438KB, 395x500px
I hate my life

I worked hard in school and got straight A's, high GPA, told myself "No big deal you'll be able to make friends some day, just focus on school right now" but now it's too late, I have no people my own age around me. I can't make friends, school was the BEST opportunity to do so and I wasted it.

Did some internships, got a good 6 figure job straight out of college. I have tons of money now. But I'm miserable. I live alone in some fancy apartment and I think about killing myself every day. I feel like I'm on the verge of crying every moment and all I can do to distract myself from that fact is watch TV and read shit on the internet and post here

What do I do, I'm so unbelievably lonely that I legitimately feel like I'm going insane, I never use my voice, I literally never talk to anyone ever, I speak maybe 50 words a week at work on average literally because my job is solitary in my office

I want to scream.
>>
>>17603331
don't know but if you ever actually off yourself like a dumbass then feel free to send some of the money my way
>>
if you have any savings, go on a extended vacation to different countries. you will lose any inhibition quickly enough, people are very friendly towards travellers and there's plenty of people who travel alone.

plus when you come back home you will have plenty of good stories to share.
>>
>>17603331
I didn't start making six figures until I was 30. You're way ahead of everyone else in that department but behind in the friends department. It's not the end of the world though, you're still young, there's still time.

Try taking a stupid community college class in the evening, something like photography or artistic will have interesting people that are in their 20s or early 30s. You have to get yourself out there, don't just go home on the weekends and sulk.
>>
>>17603331
Message me pertaining to the 1500$ this advice is worth, fairly. Mitsurugi4552 on gmail

You're going to have to establish social situations that promote the interaction you have with other people with common interests.

By being around other people you will start to reshape the way you interact that will sand down all your autistic shit you don't realize you're doing.

Learn to mirror peoples emotions back at them this is a psychologically proven phenomena.

Try new things jog, hike, bike.

Go out to local bars and make small talk while enjoying your beer.

You are guaranteed to develop new friendships eventually if you just put yourself in the situations to develop them and don't be an autist.

There are even comic book stores that have tournaments for trading card games like magic where you can meet friends.

Just look into group exposure in a field of something that entertains you or try new things you think you might like and seek out the social circles of them.

Anyway, life is finite you're wasting it being afraid and passive.
>>
How in the world do people not have time to make friends because muh studies?
>>
Same with me I guess but I'm married (met online) and have some internet friends

tl;dr Just meet people online
>>
If you live in NYC I'll be your friend op.
>>
It's really awkward when you make 3x the average person your age but don't really have anything in common with other well-off people either

I'm a super weeb making six figures at 25 in a pretty cushy job but all the other weebs are literal retards
>>
>>17603442
I didn't "not have time" it was an excuse I told myself to cover up my severe social anxiety, social phobia, crippling introversion, whatever the fuck is wrong with me
>>
>>17603354
>Try taking a stupid community college class in the evening, something like photography or artistic will have interesting people that are in their 20s or early 30s.

I actually really like this idea, I think I miss school and being around people most of all. I'm so scared that I will die alone
>>
I wish I could be you. I'm a starving musician that's fairly famous. I have all the pussy and friends in the world but I don't have much money and I rarely if ever get any alone time on tour. People think musicians make bank. Haha, we wish.

Let's trade spots.
>>
>>17603680
Then fucking deal with those. You clearly have the money to see a mental health professional
>>
>>17603354
>Try taking a stupid community college class in the evening, something like photography or artistic will have interesting people that are in their 20s or early 30s.
>interesting people
You mean pretentious people who think that being older means they know more
>>
Community college classes, or join a gym. I joined when I was 18 and made friends with a lot of guys between age 25-60. Everyone was super cool with me.

Also, do you not have family? I don't, but to me, it seems like after college, or high school even, most people are hanging with their family.
>>
>>17603858
They're not all like that, but yeah you'll run into those types too.
>>
Here's what you do, OP.

You take up a hobby. You make time for it, if need be.

Then, you begin to reach out to other people who share that hobby.

If it's something people tend to do in groups, find a group to join. If it's something where people gather together in giant meets, find meets that are happening soon and go to them.

That's really all there is to it. Find something people do that you can also enjoy doing, and partake in groups doing it.
>>
>>17603331
Work for a couple years, save EVERYTHING.
Then, take a personal year. Go abroad if you want, check out low-key churches (they often have groups for all ages, and aren't very dogmatic). Basically just have fun. Drop the fancy apartment and get something modest, so you're basically encouraged to go out rather than stay in. Also stop posting on the internet. I'm serious, block 4chan, all but delete your social media presence, jsut cut it out of your life as much as possible. If you read the shit here too often you will start internalizing it, and most boards are 90% shit. This will bleed into your social life and mental health.
>>
>>17603331
Become cancerous youtuber, and everyone who's age is on clock, will be friends with you.
>>
>>17603934
>who's age is on clock

Lol'd so hard
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.