[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET / Shut-in Improvement General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 19

File: 1.jpg (72KB, 500x888px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
72KB, 500x888px
Welcome to the NEET/shut-in improvement thread!

>Old thread
>>17586882

>discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/5EsHnXM

Join us for help on improving your life, becoming more social or just helping people with these things!
All are welcome, as long as you follow the rules.

>What do I do in the threads?
Ask people for advice on your NEET-related/social problems, or join our discord group to do the same.

>Wait, is this some super-secret cool kids' club where you can only be some sort of shut-in freak to participate in?
No, anybody is free to enter and help our group. Feel free to participate, just don't be a dick.

NEET IMPROVEMENT RULES
=======================================

1.Preventing your suicide is not our responsibility. If you need someone to talk you out of hurting yourself and/or others, please call a suicide hotline.
2.Remember that this isn't /r9k/. If we, beyond a reasonable doubt determine that you are unwilling to improve or receive advice, you will be kicked.
3.No doxxing. If you post any personal information of another user without their consent, you will be banned.
4.The #support text channel is for advice and only advice. For everything else, go to the #general channels.
>>
>>17603063
Bump
>>
https://youtu.be/sJ8EAwRauoM
A must watch for seeing how a negative attitude can get you in a really bad place.
>>
File: 1473571950900.jpg (610KB, 1280x1912px) Image search: [Google]
1473571950900.jpg
610KB, 1280x1912px
I am very fond with Elliot Hulse's videos, and I think I should share some of the ones that are on the top of my head on certain topics.

Anyhow, I strongly recommend people to check his channel as he has preached on a lot of different topics.

On motivation and discipline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx0moKyWoW8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D00atlIwwPw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMnMp-d5pKs

Staying on the path and quitting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUp07I4VaNc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PODtipE3MHc

On the warriors / hero's journey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hbJJEcbTzw
>>
>>17603516
the first video is really good since I have the problem where I always know what to do but don't do it, I was working on a program earlier I took a moment thought about it and then put my hands on the keyboard to apply and the thoughts started going away, I tried to write the steps but even though I knew them I just couldn't write them down and it was annoying and this happens with a lot of tasks
>>
Here's some advice to the NEETs and Shut-ins:

You're not going to find what you're looking for here on 4chan. Only you will be able to find your own motivation and solutions. Do not depend on others or rely on others to get you through this time in your life except for your family, partners and/or legitimate friends.

Do not turn NEET/Shut-in life it into a lifestyle, it's not a lifestyle, it's hell. Parasitic lifestyles are not sustainable and they're not healthy for your psychology or for the people supporting you. If you're going to use the Internet use it for self improvement. Do not waste your time creating superficial connections with people online, do not waste your time playing video games and do not waste your time here on 4chan. Internet friends are ephemeral, without the physical aspect, there's no real foundation for a strong friendship. They will not have your back when shit hits the fan. You will be, at best, a source of entertainment to your Internet friends once your life falls apart.

What you're going through is a test of will and character. Either you fight and conquer it or you give in to it and let it consume you. Those are your options, maintaining it and sustaining it are not options, eventually things will come to a head and when they do you will regret trying to ignore the nagging feeling in the back of your mind telling you to get your shit together. The time to change your life is right now, not a week from now, a month or a year. But right fucking now.

Life is a struggle, NEET or otherwise, don't expect the problems to end once you're back in school or working. Remember the fire that you had to get you out of NEET life and use it to propel yourself into normal life. Remember, the goal of getting out of NEET life is to become independent so you can mange your life without relying on others. Only then will you be able to find out who you are and become your own person.

Good luck out there, you will need it.
>>
I turned 20 on Saturday. I'm making solid progress. I'm feeling happier. For the first time in a long time, I have the confidence that I'm going to make it.
>>
>>17603756

Brave words friendo
>>
File: KEK MEW.png (810KB, 451x618px) Image search: [Google]
KEK MEW.png
810KB, 451x618px
>>17603756
Everything in the outside world is full of degeneracy now. Western women can't be trusted and the ability to securely raise a family with a healthy attractive female is significantly compromised.

How does one see through all this darkness? Furthermore how the HELL can you get off 4chan?

4chan is like the last thing I have left man. I don't even play video games much anymore, lol....

what'll I dooooooooo
>>
File: 1474262257189.png (392KB, 451x619px) Image search: [Google]
1474262257189.png
392KB, 451x619px
>>17603838

First step is to stop browsing pol.

I see lots of pol in you anon, you need to cleanse yourself of that first.
>>
File: hh4i4bir93ohfn.jpg (9KB, 212x185px) Image search: [Google]
hh4i4bir93ohfn.jpg
9KB, 212x185px
>>17603846
You knew.

2SPOOKY4ME

I'm addicted to the doom and gloom now, man. Normies make me reeeee. I cannot take the outside world serious anymore. I dreamed of becoming a politician but seeing how crooked and evil my country's politirats are, I've become completely disheartened.

Mainstream music, art, and entertainment is boring, pointless, and unstimulating. Having random sex with women has also become unstimulating (even if one is constantly feeling the urge), and long-term relationships seem completely out of the question since anyone who is remotely attractive is not trust-worthy.

Everyone is a conceited liar now that only looks for their benefit.

I don't know if there's hope for me. This must be what real depression is.
>>
File: IMG_20160925_084415_512.jpg (639KB, 1920x1505px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160925_084415_512.jpg
639KB, 1920x1505px
Me and my gf are NEETS for 6 months.
Playing vidya all day it's fun and going to get some NEETbucks
I think I'll make it.
Pic related our "set-up"
>>
>>17603868

Oh no there's always hope brother.

Just calm down.

Look I hate to say it like everybody else, you will hate it too, but - I've been there - I know, hell, I might still BE there.

The only thing that helped me accept people more was to stop demonizing them for everything I ''despised''.

I always thought there was a big distance between me and others, but in reality is that, whatever the circumstances, Its had always been in my head. And coming in contact with this realization, has helped me become less judgemental.

On top of this, it has filled me with regret, as the thoughts and things I felt (the anger and impotence) towards others was unjustified. And this was proven when I realized that people weren't as bad as I thought them to be, when they were kind to me and I would just be there wondering ''Wait but why are they doing such a thing? they are not supposed to be like that''.

That kind of helped me. To just place myself in the plane where everybody else is, instead of a imaginary position above all.

Remember, the fire rises.
>>
>>17603890

>civilization

Disgusting. Would have supported you but now I condemn your decision.
>>
>>17603906
We wanted to try it
And it was okay for one game but it was boring...
>>
File: pls.jpg (82KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
pls.jpg
82KB, 719x719px
>>17603896
They say a man cannot live if he does not have dreams. Something to constantly chase. Rudyard Kipling considered one a man if they could "follow their dreams, but not let dreams be their master."

Outside of politics, I have nothing. Yes, I browse pol, but it is purely out of abysmal cynicism at this point. If I can't make a difference politically (and I can't, it's a foregone conlcusion), it is accepting one's dream burn up in front of them.

I wake daily, going to college and surviving on financial aid and loans. I'll have to get back to working on the weekends but I dread it. I dread the workplace politics, the favoritism bullshit, and the waste of time at making shit wages (made $20 an hour at one point, but have 2 year employment gap on resume while in college so I'm fucked).

Really questioning the point in making a lot of money in my life anyway, considering tons of people with six figure salaries are pretty damn depressed, if some of the posts on here have shown me.

At this point I'm not able to support anything short of a family, and I just don't think I want to. I've dated several women and lived very fast in my early 20's (27 now), and have literally just lost my faith in ever having a good family in the future. Love women to death, but can't ever fucking trust them if they aren't family (and even then you may still be screwed).

Sorry anon, appreciate the chance to vent.
>>
File: 1471881782537.jpg (48KB, 700x494px) Image search: [Google]
1471881782537.jpg
48KB, 700x494px
So i've been working steadily for 2 years now.
Literally just working.
I work from 7AM to 4-5PM everyday except Sundays.
After work I go home and stay inside all day, not letting a ray of sun touch me.
I don't go out to bars or clubs.
I'm not social and i'm pretty sure i'm crazy.
I'm a total introvert shut-in.
I don't mind these things but what does bother me is that I have no clue how to get a girl.
I'm not ugly really.
When I was in school, there were so many girls that would approach and flirt with me, complimenting me on my looks and asking me out.
But i'm such an autist when it comes to social skills that they would think that either i'm not interested in them and stop talking to me or they would think that i'm boring and walk away.
What I need to improve is my social skills.
I want to get out there and talk to people and share my experiences with someone and eventually my life but I literally am unable to start a conversation, let alone start one.
What do you guys think I can do to improve myself?
>>
>>17603179
>>17603516

The problem I have with these types of videos and the "positive thinking" movement in general is that they rely heavily on magical thinking that had been proven by science to be false. You can't win the lottery or have your team win a game or even change what side a coin will fall by praying for, thinking about, hoping for, envisioning, or otherwise "positively thinking" about the outcome. There's even studies that show that depressed people with very cynical outlooks are more accurate and more realistic than optimists. Similarly, a whole bunch of things in your life are out of your control. People don't like hearing this, but they are. Being positive or not isn't going to have any effect on the outcome.
>>
>>17603989

Man I don't know if you even tried the videos but none of that is there. Most of the stuff in it its pretty down to earth.

But hey whatever works for you!
>>
File: 1474769367072.jpg (166KB, 633x584px) Image search: [Google]
1474769367072.jpg
166KB, 633x584px
>>17603929
You're not even a NEET you fucking idiot.
Go back to /pol/ and stay there.

>>17603516
Hate this faggot so much.
Reminds me of aaron clarey. Just a narcissist that spews shit from it's mouth and uploads it to YT.

>>17603947
I think that might be as good as it gets for us.
>7AM to 4-5PM everyday
Fucking hell I'd rather just kill myself.
>>
>>17604030

I don't know, Elliot is a pretty cool guy.

Nothing wrong with being a narcissist.
>>
File: 1472460395581.jpg (16KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
1472460395581.jpg
16KB, 258x258px
>>17604032
I hate anyone that thinks positively of themselves.
That's how far gone I am.
>>
>>17604035

Wanna talk about it?
>>
>>17604036
What would I say?
I already spent 6 months talking with a therapist.
It didn't help.
>>
File: pepe gon' give it to ya.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
pepe gon' give it to ya.png
123KB, 785x757px
>>17604030
Hey but I like you guys! :)
>>
>>17604040

I see.

Wanna be friends?
>>
>>17604040
What's your plan for tomorrow, anon? For the future?
>>
hello, I will become a neat living on my own in the next 2-3 years. Should I just exist until the end of my life or should I take college classes and try to get a job?
>>
>>17604049
It says not to make internet friends.

>>17604051
Tomorrow will be the same as most other days.
I'll play R6 Siege and watch some anime.
In the future I hope to suicide but sadly I know that probably won't happen.
>>
>>17604065

What do you want for your future?
>>
>>17604077
A high paying job with qt 3.14 girlfriend and a cat maybe?
>>
>>17604080

And will embracing a neet status give you that?
>>
>>17604082
you tell me anon
>>
File: 1471128996267.jpg (256KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471128996267.jpg
256KB, 1280x960px
>>17604083

No... :/
>>
>>17604085
tell me more about this 'no'
>>
Almost a 8 year NEET veteran. I'm too far gone.
>>
>>17604086

I am the type that believes most people always know what they should do in order to get out of the hole (whatever it is) and to obtain what they want.

So no, going neet wont give you any of that desu.
>>
Anyone else think they'll never truly become a part of society or accomplish typical life goals? I feel I'll never have the house, wife, kids, etc.

Do I just keep living like a hermit at this point?
>>
>>17604035
Why would you like them? they are awful people
>>
wtf is the point of being with other people. It only leads to more ploblems
>>
who are you quoting?
>>
File: 1465623811513.png (34KB, 470x512px) Image search: [Google]
1465623811513.png
34KB, 470x512px
I'm almost ready to start trying again.

Well, I was a few months ago, actually. I found a girl and tried to better myself, even if it was gradual. Shit, I even legit looked for a job.

She gave me something to wake up for in the mornings. She dragged me out the house, shit, I drank more alcohol in those short few months than I have in the last 5 years combined. For a period I rediscovered life - I finally meant something to someone, and it was great.

And then she dropped me like I was nothing. As if everything we had done and said counted for absolute zero. Badda bing badda bye. Replaced with a new guy like it's nothing.

Since then I've left the house maybe 3 times? At least I have 2 actual irl friends. Almost 2 months have passed and I've done NOTHING but wallow in my own fucking misery.

I need to move on but sitting in my room getting stoned is way, way too easy. It just postpones the grief, every morning I wake up and she still manages to cloud my thoughts from the moment my eyelids crack open.

She was pretty much the only thing in my life, so that void has been left and the neet lifestyle provides nothing to fill the gap. Instead you're left scrutinising the one thing you did have. So I guess I'll feel like this til I finally find something other than drugs to occupy me.

I just want things to be normal again. I don't want advice. I expect ridicule. I'm past caring. I just need someone to tell me I'm not a lost cause, because right now that's how I feel.

One day I hope to look back at this and laugh. One day.
>>
>>17604204
What's the ploblem?
>>
File: 1450559169633.jpg (89KB, 550x756px) Image search: [Google]
1450559169633.jpg
89KB, 550x756px
uni is giving me a second chance, and starting monday I'll be sharing a flat with some dude and his mom. They're both into spiritualism and artistic shit and are very extroverted (perfumed sticks burning in each room, asian sculptures and objects everywhere, pretty sure they smoke weed daily) . I'll have my own private room but everything else involving daily chores will be in their company. Coming from 2 years of neet life I don't really know what to think about this. it's like the absolute antithesis to the life I've been in these last years, parents told me that God put these people on my path to help me with my social issues. I'm anxious as fuck and clueless about how you are supposed to behave in such environments. add to that the fear of fucking up studies again coming back to it after so long.
>>
File: chandlerhopeless.png (144KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
chandlerhopeless.png
144KB, 500x299px
>used to be a neet
>eventually the loneliness got too much
>used >tfwnogf to motivate me
>forced myself to get a job
>moved out
>have a few friends I've known forever so use that to hang out with people more
>gradually move up career wise, move into better place
>it's now 6 years later
>still no gf

At this point it's getting more common for me to wish I hadn't bothered.
>>
Im not actually a neet.
I have a job and an apartment.
My mom basically gave me the old family car, so it's my car now.

I have 2 weeks of saved vacation, no idea what to do with them. Im too lazy to book a trip. I dunno where my passort is.

Maybe im just gonna spend them being at home, sitting here on 4chan or something.

I spend my weekends alone inside in my bed, i don't wanna go outside. It's too much effort.
>>
File: 1456319523822.jpg (26KB, 420x375px) Image search: [Google]
1456319523822.jpg
26KB, 420x375px
>>17604338
So you're a shut in, nothing wrong with that as long as you are happy.
>>
File: 1473463103998.jpg (85KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1473463103998.jpg
85KB, 750x750px
>>17604275

You'll get used to it. Just don't run away from this situation, be a man and confront it, and see hot it turns out mate.

Its ok to feel that way, natural I'd say, give it time.

>>17604315

Come on mate, so in 6 years you learned nothing that you let the lack of a gf crumble your brand new world?

>>17604338

Wouldn't you like to put that time into something?

What do you like?
>>
>>17603063
Well, that's the discord fucked. That tripfag has taken over.
>>
>>17605214

Looks like only you have a problem. You seem more fucked then tripfag...
>>
File: 1474056678971.png (176KB, 400x406px) Image search: [Google]
1474056678971.png
176KB, 400x406px
>>17605214

Don't worry Bob, now that I'm unbanned my reign of terror begins anew

For night is dark and full of terrors
>>
>>17603838
fuck off
>>
basically im a neet 18 yrs old , senior year HS
planning to hopefully go to a 2 year community college next year thing is, dont really have a plan how to pay for college and loans are the last thing on my mind and i have no real friends,no job, i quit video games a while ago and started working on what i want, all i got going for me right now is that i'm really into programming so thats what i mostly do and i do some drawing on the side i want to make a solo game project eventually at some point but for now im learning java for a CS class im taking and im trying to get ahead on my own so i can pick up c++ to work with unreal engine and at the same time try to improve my art to make some good concepts,and since i pretty much do nothing except come from school listen to music,program,do some drawing,sleep and then repeat.i enjoy both programming and drawing but im kinda not so sure about my future, what to do? any advice?
>>
>>17605576

Come back into the group you edgy faggot.
>>
>>17605658
This.
>>
>>17603179
what do if i'm not nearly as autistic as this?
>>
>>17605233
Most of /adv/ has a problem with him.. he's an attention craving faggot. You're in the minority here and I'm pretty sure you're the OP of the thread which means your discord channel is a circus and everyone here should stay far away from it.
>>
>>17605683

Calm down anon.

Pegasus is, actually, quite calm on the group and often offers good advice to the ones that come in, believe it or not.

I think you started with the wrong foot once you entered by antagonizing him instead of talking with anybody else about, I don't know, whatever?
>>
>>17605683

No I'm not in minority 99% people don't give a flying about him and no i'm not OP. I talked with tripfag a lot and he is awesome dude to have around. Not everyone should stay away only uptight fucktards.
>>
>>17605683
Pegasus is awesome.
>>
>>17605697
>>17605705
>>17605717
Tripfag defense force has commenced. Go ahead and feed his endless need for attention, you're apart of the problem.

Everyone knows the best way to deal with tripfags is to ignore them so I will not provide him with anymore narcissistic supply but you guys go right on ahead continue to feed him.
>>
>>17605744

You constantly talk about everybody who is this ? There is no everybody just fucking you being pathetic here...
>>
>>17605744

Just don't acknowledge him dude, even in passing, tripfags feed on attention. Let his new friends feed him.
>>
>>17605645

If you are into programming this is what you have to do. You have to work on it everyday set goals and achieve them(making certain apps and so on). Classes can help but they won't teach you how to program this is something only you can accomplish.
You have to put in a lot of time, and love what you do otherwise you will never be successful. Watch tutorials and read books
and develop your way of thinking and making. Don't neglect business side of things.

If you do this you will succeed.
>>
Don't be sad about what you don't have, be happy about what you do have!!!

Even when I do the things that're supposed to make normal people happy, I'm unhappy. At best it distracts me from my unhappiness, but I'm never truly contented in anything, because I am not content with myself. These aspects of myself that i'm not content with are not changeable. I can't not think the way I think or feel. I can try to fool myself, but the truth is always there, and I'd rather be miserable in truth than happy in a lie.

Most days I think about suicide. I would really like to just get the whole dying thing over with, because iirc not existing was pretty great relative to living (even as a spoiled, good looking, reasonably intelligent person). lol @ life being something "precious" or special, it's fucking not. It's just absurd. There's no point to it, no matter how much we try to give it one.

This sounds self masturbatory and like a hollow cry for help, but what is slitting your wrists like? How certain of a death is it? How long does it take to pass out? Pain won't be an issue
>>
1/2

I'm 22 and have been a NEET for 14 months now. While I barely leave the house, I wouldn't classify myself as someone too anxious to do so, I have my issues but for the most part I think I'm relatively normal when it comes to communicating with and relating to others. My biggest issue is a total lack of discipline, direction and the fact that I have nobody lighting a fire under my ass since I live with my parents rent free and have a fairly comfortable financial cushion of £11,000+ that I saved up from my previous job.

The isolation and loneliness recently started affecting me drastically though, I think it was a case of time and age doing its thing in waking me up to the fact that everything is passing me by. The circumstances of my life have remained the same for now, but since a little over a month ago I started working out regularly and cleaning up my diet (I'm not overweight, just needed to instil some self-discipline). There's been a noticeable improvement in my mood, namely the fact that I'm not fantasising about suicide multiple times a day, but now is where I need to take another step and start venturing outdoors more.

I know it's the most cliché advice to hear nowadays, but exercise really will have a positive impact if you're stuck in a rut. At least look into it.
>>
>>17606157

2/2

The lack of female contact is definitely getting to me though. I don't consider myself "ready" for a relationship at the moment, I have more pressing concerns despite the crushing loneliness, but I wanted to ask about possible hobbies to start participating in that are more interesting than the vanilla gaming, film/TV and music. What constitutes an interesting hobby? If my love for film extends to analysis and studying filmmaking techniques, does that qualify? I know it's a stupid question but I too often hear the "get new hobbies" advice with no elaboration whatsoever. I don't intend to conform because I'm told to but at least make a recommendation if you're going to shoot me with platitudes.

Good luck in your efforts, anons.
>>
>>17606159

When people say get new hobby they don't specify anything because no one can
know what you would like to do.

Playing some instrument,making stuff, even playing with video editing and all that shit you name it. Think about something that you would like to do and learn.

Things to do and learn is so damn broad that it is stupid to elaborate.
>>
>>17605866

What is this truth you speak of?

You say you are spoiled, good looking, and inteligent. Have you tried sharing any of this with others?

Please tell me more of this situation you describe.

Sorry for not answering anon.
>>
>>17606157
>>17606159

I don't think it's a stupid question anon.

>If my love for film extends to analysis and studying filmmaking techniques, does that qualify?

Of course man, its better if you like it and by all means I encourage you to pursue it.

And, like the other person said, you should pursue the things you are interested in. If you can't make up your mind or don't have a clear idea, perhaps its time to explore new things, try this and that.

Perhaps languages? Math? Electronics? What do I know man.

You should enter the group one of these days and have a talk.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.