[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am stuck playing video games or watching tv shows 8 hours a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1362122271335.jpg (131KB, 900x850px) Image search: [Google]
1362122271335.jpg
131KB, 900x850px
I am stuck playing video games or watching tv shows 8 hours a day or more.

I've tried to get around it. I've tiold myself tomorrow i'll do what im supposed to and it will all be different. But it never comes.

When I try today, its like an itch in my mind that makes me feel like anything im trying to do is not that fun or useful. Cant do dishes, have taken up and tossed 10 long term and more healthy hobbies, can't get homework done, nothing.

I was told by a therapist that the reason I drop hobbies is because I like the discovery and learning portion, but don't like the effort portion, but I can't tell if they were saying its okay to be like that or if they were saying I need to work on the second part.

I'm pissed that I wasted so much time and money buying and learning hobby stuff never to use it. I'm pissed that I can't just stop and everything feels fine. I tried to go to the mountains with friends for a few days to dry out, but it didnt help when I got home its the same routine.

At some points I actually was able to work at these hobbies, about 2-3 years ago. I bought the stuff, started making things out of it, and then half-completed each part of the hobby before starting a new project for that same hobby.

I feel out of control.
>>
Well then..
>>
>>17602007
Either your just an addicted fag, that needs harder methods like rewards or you have to evaluate, that you may find those hobbies interesting, but not as much as your video games and tv shows.
>>
>>17602007
You might want to consider selling your TV.
>>
>>17602007

First of all you actually want to have to change, otherwise it'll never happens. Most of us only really have family members to rely on, others no one at all. No one cares about you, no ones going to help you, and there are tons of people like you, myself included.

Don't say tomorrow, thats a cop out. congrats now you know its a cop-out and if you keep doing it at least you know YOUR ruining your own life and its YOUR choice to continue doing what you're doing.

What should you do? Put the computer on fucking sleep, go take a shower, do the dishes, and do SOME of the homework not all, but for fuck sake do a little a day.

How do plans work? How does anything work? I want a rabbit.... SICK A RABBIT JUST FLEW THREW MY FUCKING WINDOW OUT OF NO WHERE....

No it takes baby steps. First day you look at rabbits, mabye different breeds, what it means to take care of this type of pet

Next day you go to different pet stores with an idea of what you want, talk to the customer service there, maybe find a place you like, or a rabbit you like and buy it or

day 3 you go out and get what you want or decide that you actually don't want a rabbit.

EVERYTHING requires you to do tiny little things everyday in order for you to achieve what you want in the long run.

Want a clean house? Clean your room/bathroom today, do the dishes and kitchen tomorrow. Personally i justk nock it all out on a sunday but whatever.

Point is, you're like a sculpture okay? Everyday you chip away, and eventually you keep doing this until you are the person you want to be.

Small steps bring big changes.

Get the fuck up and stop browsing 4chan now, and start doing the little steps, put on your music. TAKE LONG AS FUCK if you have to, lounge a bit inbetween chores, just fucking do a TINY LITTLE STEP RIGHT NOW and you'll be rolling to where you should be.

ofc you can do what the rest of the neet, depressed, anxious, unhappy people do and sit down, watch netflix, play vidya, jerk off.
>>
>>17602007
May be a stupid suggestion, but you could establish a timetable. Write every action you do into it and add specific details. At the end of every day you calculate the time and then sum it up. You may also reward yourself if you accomplish something. Make a game out of it, like quests in an MMPORG. Seeing your mistakes and efforts may help you until you got really into a hobby.
>>
>>17602007
>I feel out of control.
Behavioral disorders, OP. They are awful.

But, easy to fix. It's like software. Sick of MIcrosoft kicking you in the dick? Install Linux.

As stupid as it might sound, behavioral disorders are fixed by just doing it.

Motivation is reinforced thru positive observation.

F.ex, got anxiety? Ram yourself into the very situations that flare it up. Arrange everything so that it is as low risk as possible. And just do it.

It won't be easy, not at first, but thru cycles of positive reinforcement you'll find in < 40 days of applying yourself that everything is already MUCH better.

What you can't do is just do it ONCE.

It's like exercising, you wouldn't expect to get fit after doing pushups once, ever; right? You've got to stick to it.

It being goals that are EASY. No need to struggle and strive like a raging masochist.

F.ex, OP, RIGHT NOW spend 1 hour focused on one of these hobbies you've been neglecting.

Just do it. I bet you can do it. Do nothing else but focus on that hobby like a laser.

If you feel distracted, frustrated, take a deep breath, close your eyes, and quiet your mind. Aim to think of nothing for a minute or two as you count down from 100 and with every count see your thoughts leaving you in total peace.

That's not voodoo, it's more behavioral psychology. Meditation has serious practical utility.

And the next day? Do the same damn thing, same bat time same bat channel.

The only thing you NEED is the desire to Do Thing, and the basic knowledge of how to reinforce behaviors you WANT reinforced. I just told you the basics. Print this out and ask your idiot theRapist about it.

The nerd isn't doing their job.

Also look into random indexed positive reward systems for behavioral modification. This can be as simple as
IF successfully do thing
THEN roll dice
IF roll dice > 3 -> do have reward
ELSE Nope
ELSE Nope
It's a stupid simple system, but it's also stupid powerful.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.