[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a job legally allowed to change your role drastically without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (50KB, 576x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 576x472px
Is a job legally allowed to change your role drastically without coming to you for consent first? I understand that there's often unforeseen needs of the business that may have not been specifically laid out to you, but I'm talking like entirely switching departments and your title on you.

That's what I'm looking at right now, and it kind of happened at my last job. I'm wondering if this is just something I should expect the rest of my career, or if I've just been in two shitty situations and I should take my talents elsewhere.
>>
Consider speaking with a lawyer specializing in labor laws. It'll be worth the investment.
>>
>>17601739

I mean what would I do? Sue? Is that something you can sue and win for?
>>
If it diverges from the terms of your contract no.

If you don't have a contract, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>17601750

I don't know. None of us have the slightest clue. That's what a lawyer is for.
>>
>>17601751

I have a terms of employment, but not really a "contract," since it's an at will state.

>>17601754
I'm asking /adv/ because there might be someone on here that is knowledgable - I can't afford to go pay a lawyer hundreds of dollars for a consultation about every work problem that I have.

It's just like asking a medical question - can't afford to go to the doctor for every single question I might have about my health when someone might have experienced it already.
>>
>>17601766

People who ask medical problems on the internet are also fucking idiots.

Even if someone here had your same problem, they likely didn't live in the same state (laws vary), the same contract, or the same employer. There's absolutely nothing we can do for you that wouldn't be misleading.
>>
>>17601772

There's plenty of medical shit that someone else can help you with over the Internet - certainly not like, internal pain, or flu like symptoms, but identifying dermatology things, mouth infections, etc.

Yes, laws vary by state, but I'm sure a couple of people here will have some experience in this so I can at least be pointed in the right direction. So, if you have any advice, feel free to keep participating, otherwise telling me to go set $100 on fire isn't helping.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.