[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /adv/ I need some...advice. So I have been having insomnia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1473215210745.png (416KB, 456x684px) Image search: [Google]
1473215210745.png
416KB, 456x684px
Alright /adv/ I need some...advice.

So I have been having insomnia the past few days and have been unable to maintain a uniform sleep schedule since it happened. So I have a few questions:

Will pulling an all-nighter help in "resetting" my schedule?

Can I use sleep aids to help with this, like over the counter stuff?

What are some ways you deal with insomnia, if you have it? I don't get it often, but when it does happen, it sucks ass.
>>
>>17601326
It might work in an objective sense, but I know from my own previous subjective experience that it usually doesn't work

Sleep aides can be really addictive, and an all-nighter will eventually crash and burn
Try just relaxing with some nice music and maybe some ASMR

Wicke is amazing
>>
I've done the all nighter thing. Though sometimes I'll end up passing out at like 5pm and waking up at 1am. Then your schedule is a different kind of fucked.

I prefer using alcohol to reset my schedule. If I get good and drunk I'll pass out early and won't get a great night of sleep. So the next day I'll be tired and more inclined to sleep at a normal hour.
>>
>>17601347
>>17601347

Yeah, I tried ASMR. Loved it, but it only seems to help about half the time. I just need to get a reboot on the schedule, since I might have a new job coming soon. Insomnia usually wouldn't bother (hence why I could sleep anyway even if I tossed and turned for about an hour), but now it seems ever since I knew that I have a schedule during the day, I can't sleep when I want to.

>>17601353

Yeah that's the worrying thing. I don't want to end up sleeping during the day. I will try my best. Luckily, I found some youtube channels with some interesting stuff and it seems to be a good day where I live, so I can go for long walks to keep myself busy.
>>
>>17601326
Standard stuff for improving sleep - wind down activity before bed, dim lights, stop electronics, don't get into bed until time to sleep etc.

But specific to your situation: I don't see how doing an all-nighter would help. The only thing I've found that works is getting up at a reasonable time and then forcing yourself to stay awake until the time you want to go to bed, chances are you'll now be very tired but if you aren't, a second day of doing the same you will be.
>>
>>17601365

I normally would do that. The thing is, I am already up at around when I usually wake. Might as well give it a shot and work from there.

I read about two articles so far saying my insomnia may be caused by me trying to force myself to sleep. Maybe getting a new job caused some anxiety and I'm trying too hard now to sleep. Anyway, yeah, I normally wouldn't pull an all-nighter, but perhaps it gave me time to think about the problem now as opposed to when I am trying to sleep.
>>
>>17601371
I have the same problem. Knowing I have to wake up at a certain times fucks up my ability to fall asleep.
>>
Are you me?
Some months ago I lost my job and have been having problems sleeping.
Usually goes like this
>sleep from 3ish~pm to around 9ish~pm
>stay away until early in the morning, take a nap around 10am till 12am (if possible)
My big problem is that I can hardly sleep during the day because there is a construction going in my neighbor's house and they are making fucking noise all day long.
I'll try to stay awake today as long as possible and only go to bed tonight and see that it helps.
>>
>>17601381

Yeah, except my problems started about a couple months after I moved from my last job. I was okay because I thought a job would fall into my lap (incredibly stupid of me). I had some anxiety about it, but I got my sleep schedule back. Now, the insomnia seems worse than before. I usually like to have something swirl in my head until I fall asleep, such as a political issue or something, and then I just fall asleep, but lately I can't even give a shit about anything right now. Not depression, mind you, but it seems like I have no problem to fill my mind and, instead, my lack of sleep has become my problem.
>>
>>17601390
have you tried excising?
I stopped doing regular excessive a couple of weeks ago and that's why the fucked up exercise really started.
>>
>>17601396

>>17601396

Yeah I do go out often actually. Not 3 hour lifting sessions everyday, mind you, but usually brisk walks/jogs and some other exercises like push-ups. Actually, today was the first day in a while I didn't go out for a walk or anything (had business with a friend, so no time).

Actually, now that I think about it, I had a shit ton of soda around late afternoon, might have had something to do with my sleep problem. I normally don't have soda, so it probably didn't help to have a blast of caffeine and sugar like that.

Anyways, gonna continue with the all-day no sleep challenge. Luckily, there are some important baseball games to watch today.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.