[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I get an inexplicable urge to drive somewhere whenever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
Why do I get an inexplicable urge to drive somewhere whenever I've got a lot on my mind or am having problems? I don't know if there are any psychfags that could explain why, but I always feel like my problems melt away when I'm driving down the freeway at 120+ miles an hour. Everything seems so much clearer, simpler, and easier to deal with.
>>
>>17600978
>120 mph

driving on an empty freeway is therapeutic

But it's probably the fear of death making you cope with your meaningless existence.
>>
>>17600987

>fear of death

But I never feel afraid when I'm doing it. I never feel like I'm going to lose control or crash or die. I don't even feel like I have to put that much effort into staying in control. Just put the pedal to the metal and enjoy the twists and turns while blaring Dire Straits on the CD player on a desolate highway. No stress, fear, or anything like it. Just pure, unadulterated calm -- there's lterally nothing going through my mind.
>>
I think it's the same as other meaningless activites such as buildning card houses, playing computer games, watching movies etc.

It might also be the symbolics in driving, you're running away, leaving it all behind.
>>
>>17601016
Recless driving (or sex, gambling etc) is a sympthom in certain mental disorders.

Particularly bi-polar disorder and borderline.
>>
I like to take a relaxing drive but I don't do it at 120 breh.
>>
>>17601023

>you're running away
I wish...

>>17601034

>sign of mental disorder
I looked it up and all the information I saw listed risky behavior in general as a symptom. I'm actually normally a very cautious person is the thing. Driving is the one area where I take risks.

I guess that might be because I'm actually averse to the pain caused by risky behavior, not the risky behavior itself, and I figure that if I crash into a wall at triple digit speeds, there probably won't be enough of me left to bury, much less enough for me to still be alive.
>>
in the back of your mind you want to just fully escape it all
driving into the unknown as fast as you think you can
that's why your mind releases itself and you're thinking of nothing
it's like a drug that is luring you in
it allows you to temporarily look towards the ultimate future which is death
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.