[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i learn to be a better conversationalist and how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

How do i learn to be a better conversationalist and how do i stop being boring?
>>
>>17600955
if you're boring, don't talk about yourself, talk about the person you're talking to. Maybe you'll have some common interests that you can discover and go from there.

In turn the person you're talking to might do the same then you'll realize we're all boring
>>
>>17600959
How can i talk about the other person? I mean what should i talk about that has to do with her? I'm aspie tier
>>
>>17600962
Ask them what they do for a living, if you have any knowledge about it ask them questions, bring up some topics that can relate to it, keep transitioning whenever you think a topic gets dull. But if they have a lot to say about a certain subject, listen to them attentively.

The hardest part of starting a conversation is the approach and getting their name. It requires a good setting and smooth transitions to not make it seem creepy, all I can suggest is practice, chances are you'll probably never see that person again, or you might hit it off. Gotta take risks .
>>
People tend to enjoy conversation as a way of imposing an image of their own ego onto another person - if you encourage a person to talk openly and with interest about their lives and what they enjoy then they will enjoy your company and in turn reciprocate that attention by allowing you to express yourself.

I'm not a great conversationalist but I've been trying to improve - also reading helps you to structure your thoughts far better and that is usually a problem for people like you and I who are poor conversationalists. We want to express certain thoughts and feelings but lack the capacity to do so - once this is improved conversation is made easier.

Also don't force comedy or try too hard to be funny, and if you must joke don't do it at the expense of the person you're talking to. You'll get further in life for being a good person than you will for being a funny person.
>>
>>17600955
Small talk and general chit chat is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Like anything, the key thing is practice - the more you do it the better you'll get.

To do small talk on ez mode, you can just get the other person to do most of the work by asking questions - most people love the sound of thier own voice, and when you give them the oppertunity to talk about themselves the feel like you're interested in them, which makes them inclined to like you. It's useful to have a few "set routines" that you can use over and over when you meet people, and the more confident you get the better you'll be able to deliver them:

>So, what are you doing/did you do at the weekend?
>How's work/school going? Busy?
>Is that your car? What do you think of it? How's the fuel economy?
>Did you hear/see [x] thing that happened over there/on the news this morning?
>How's the wife and kids/parents/goldfish/etc?

Try to avoid topics that might become emotionally charged. Things like "-isms", religion, immigration, stuff like that. Wait till you know the person a bit better and you're reasonably sure that you either have the same views or it won't descend in to an argument if you have different views.
>>
>>17600969
>>17601081
>>17601101
These are some good ass advice
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.