[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>retarded boomer parents wont let me take anti depressants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1474354322048.jpg (69KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1474354322048.jpg
69KB, 640x427px
>retarded boomer parents wont let me take anti depressants because it "ruins your life"
>if they find it they will kick me out
does it actually ruin your life /adv/? i'm not suicidal but i don't feel happy anymore. if it makes me feel better i want this.
>>
>>17600732
you're an adult, they can't control what medical treatments you seek
>>
>does it actually ruin your life

yes

lethargy, dependence, and medical supervision required to even stop taking the stuff

fucking avoid

the better solution is to change something about your situation. maybe get a job and move out? newfound happiness.
>>
>>17600788
I have no friends, I am so alone.
>>
>>17600788
nah I was on anti depressants and they helped me work through my depression in therapy

have you ever considered that you're just a piece of shit looking for excuses for your own weakness?
>>
>>17600809
What if you've had years of experience with them and they simply don't help?

If they worked successfully for you, then great. Everyone is different, and thus every person will react to anti-depressants differently. The point is that yes, medications can fuck you up for a number of reasons. Will they? All you can do is try.
>>
>>17600798
sorry (sincerely) but that's on you. you can make friends, you just have to try. ffs autist magic players, streetfighter players, and speedrunners manage to have friend circles.
>>
>>17600820
theyve known eachother from high school.
>>
It doesn't help you make friends, nor does it help you overcome the problems that likely stem from growing up in a household that lacks a respect for logic among many other things.

SSRI's and SNRI's will straight up will lower your sex drive. All other antidepressants are worth a shot, although every one has its side effects. They mostly regulate your shit by increasing certain neurotransmitters that go out of whack during depression, improving some biological aspects of depression.

"They ruin your life" is too vague a claim, and there's not much to say in response.
>>
>>17600732
its does ruin your life cuck. take vitamin b12 instead you absolutely uneducated faggot.

I mean this in a loving way anon if you didn't know babe. :^)
>>
>>17600891
SSRIs work by overstimulating receptors which are sensitive to serotonin.

In time, that causes these receptors to down regulate.

It has been found that people who kill them selves, on average have more of certain serotonin sensitive receptors than others, which is also why SSRIs increase the risk of suecide during the first weeks.

A very unfortunate effect.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.