[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boys, I've fallen out of love with gaming, and now I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1474524484351.gif (3MB, 257x212px) Image search: [Google]
1474524484351.gif
3MB, 257x212px
Boys, I've fallen out of love with gaming, and now I've started to fall back in love with gaming. My issue is however, I'm now 22 years old. I'm not just going to school anymore, and can dedicate 11 hours of my day to just strictly exploring Tamriel, and loving every blissful moment of it.

Now every time I try to play, I just can't get over "real life" factors. They always pick at my brain when I try to game. Work, the gym, school; all of which will creep into my mind when I play.

Even if I have everything done, I can't seem to immerse myself deep enough into the game before my conscious creeps back into reality. I used to love games man, so fucking much, that was my life!

What can I do boys? I want to be able to play games again without thinking, "Damn I work tomorrow, gotta get up early to lift too, then I gotta study for exams...".

Tips n' tricks for immersion?
>>
I usually save it for either the end of the day when I have everything done. Or I game at the beginning of the day if it's a weekend until a certain time I commit to so I can get done whatever I need to do that day. Works pretty well.
>>
>>17600647
It's called growing up and becoming an adult.

But if you must for some dogmatic reason, I guess a good way would be to set a designated gaming time, and make sure all of your errands and chores are done for the day so that theres less mind clutter.
>>
>>17600647
Na don't force you way into becoming a neet. You are a "productive" mind set go diy something. Paint a room, make a coffee table, record a bit of game play and edit the hell out of it.
>>
The best part about being an adult, by far, is personal agency. The things you do, and the choices you make, can affect the reality around you to degrees that simply are not possible when you are younger and less mature. This is awesome.

But it comes at a price: reality interferes. As you affect it, so it affects you. There is no escaping this, nor any way to opt out. But you can adapt. You can learn to roll with the interruptions, dropping into and out of immersion as needed. And this is what you need to do.
>>
>>17600647
same, i lament that i can't play a game without being asked if my life is together.

i'm almost 20 and i just want to be a kid forever. what's so bad about that?
>>
>>17600647
video games are great but sometimes can be unfulfilling. maybe try some other things you might like that are creative in nature. or play games in a way that's more difficult/stimulating. TES games for example try to set a goal for a specific character build you want to execute or something and be working in the game towards that. otherwise it might just feel like passing time.

>>17601889
it's not about whether it's "bad" or "good" morality doesn't really come into it unless you're just purely leeching off working parents in which case you're kind of a fag.

playing video games and avoiding reality forever if you're not financially independent is simply your own choice and its consequences are going to be felt by you and any family you might have. that's it. every other person alive on the planet is happy to not have the extra competition. if you are financially independent though go nuts, who cares if people ask if your life is together.
>>
>>17600647

Are you seriously asking for us to help you appreciate your toys more?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.