[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Working on programming >20 minutes in >hit a wall >can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-09-21-18-58-07.png (506KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-21-18-58-07.png
506KB, 720x1280px
>Working on programming
>20 minutes in
>hit a wall
>can't figure out what is causing an error on a line of code
>mind starts going fuzzy
>can't think straight
>eyes fell heavy as fuck
>ask genius brother for help
>tells me to change this and this
>keep fucking up, making rookie mistakes
>he explains to me what's wrong
>everything still fucking fuzzy and none of it sticks
>feel completely exhausted
>want to nap so bad
>sleeping just makes it worse though

What the fucking hell is wrong with me? What is this bullshit? I have had to deal with this for too fucking long now and no one seems to understand what I mean when I explain it, especially doctos
>>
>>17599966
take your time with the work and study
when you get tired - take a 15 min cat nap - less than 15 it doesn't help - more than 15 and you will feel groggy
also, people who post threads like this leave out a lot of info - how much time do you spend on the internet? forums? chatting? gaming? 4chan? etc
do you do this until late at night?
>>
>>17599997
I spend quite a lot of the time on the computer considering I program and animate. But I only get this problem when I'm studying programming and hit a wall. It's like my mind just says fuck this shit and then I lose sense of reality and just feel like a fucking vegetable
>>
Wait, you're feeling excessively tired in the middle of the day to the point of wanting to go to sleep? Studying shouldn't be triggering you to feel that way.

You should consider having a sleep study done because excessive daytime sleepiness is a major symptom of sleep apnea. That's what I ended up having.
>>
>>17600083
i work as a writer - so i do a lot of writing, reading and research on my computer - on average i spent about 4 5 hours a day in front a screen - but i break it up by doing work outside in the open air and under the sun
i know your work requires you to be in front of a computer for long periods of time but you got to be thoughtful about it
dont spend more than one continuous hour in front of the screen - break for about 5 minutes - get up - stand up go away from the computer - stand up and some quick exercise - squats, burpies, push ups, whatever
dont spend more than 3 or 4 continous hours at a computer - break for about half an hour and go outside for a walk or some yard work
dont stay in front of the screen past midnight - dont stay online or work at your stuff until 3 or 4 am - that schedule will really fuck you up
try to walk away from the screen about an hour before you go to bed - i know its boring but that is the point - you are telling your brain to get bored, so bored that you will fall asleep - otherwise if you jump from the screen to bed, you will have a shitty sleep, fall asleep tired and wake up tired
i know so many people, especially young people complain about lack of concentration, lack of sleep and feeling tired all the time and they always describe a lifestyle where they spend about ten hours a day or more on a computer or gaming, stay up watching movies until 3 am, wake up at 8 tired and unwell and repeat the process and wonder why they feel like they do
>>
>>17599966
That's called stress.

I get sleepy when I get stressed, but I realize it's just a stress habit. Once, you do, push through it. I use coffee to do so though, so it might not work for you. I sometimes use working out to help with it too.
>>
>>17599966
It goes away after a couple days.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.