[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is college supposed to be the worst time of your life? It seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Alumni_Hall_1889_Sun.jpg (1MB, 3895x2536px) Image search: [Google]
Alumni_Hall_1889_Sun.jpg
1MB, 3895x2536px
Is college supposed to be the worst time of your life?

It seems like everyone around me is having the fucking time of their life, but here I am being a socially anxious, mentally unstable, stressed out mess barely able to survive my classes.

In the year I've been in college:
>Haven't been to a single party
>Been out to the bar once
>Haven't gotten laid, gotten a number or so much as met a fucking girl
>Haven't developed any new cool new interests, done anything fun or exciting

Is it supposed to suck this much? Am I supposed to be in a constantly state of fucking hating myself?
>>
>>17599893
if you're spending more time on 4chan than out and socializing then, yes, college will suck.

you get out what you put in. there are thousands of kids in their dorms doing the same shit you're doing, feeling the same way you do. you can find friends in those groups if you'd like.
>>
you're supposed to do something. so, you know, do something, instead of thinking why nothing is happening.
>>
This >>17599992

OP, there usually is a day or two when all the clubs on campus hold open tables when they try to recruit new members and all the freshmen swarm these, trying to figure out what they want to do.

Did you not go to this?
>>
>>17600012
I was going too. Either it hasn't happened yet or I completely missed it.
>>
>>17599893
I found that by the time I graduated college, I didn't care about socializing. I don't care that I don't have friends, and I don't care that I don't go to parties. Lack of social skills sucks but that's it. I'm content browsing Netflix, doing solitary activities and being with my family and relationship. So you stop caring and become more numb (it's not bad) so it gets better. But putting in the effort and socializing like the other anons suggested is probably a lot better.

It's supposed to be the time of your life and kudos to you if you make it happen.

What's your mental instability?
>>
Sounds like you're having trouble accidentally attending events, try walking to them instead.
>>
>>17600020
Well, it's September 23/24th, so you probably missed it.

Better get moving and join something, or else you're going to be left out.
>>
>>17600040
In my university you could just turn up and be accepted.
>>
>>17600044
Well, I'm also referring to frats (the rush process) and the more selective clubs that you need to apply to.

Unless your university doesn't have those.
>>
>>17600040
Well I literally have no idea what there is. There isn't a club list or something posted anywhere. Besides what if I'm already too late? Guess I'm doomed to another soul crushing semester.
>>
File: 1391760411275.jpg (59KB, 1005x511px) Image search: [Google]
1391760411275.jpg
59KB, 1005x511px
>>17600051
Your willingness to easily give up and not pursue anything is your weakness.

How the hell do you expect to live college life, get invited to parties, and have an experience if you're not going to put in the minimal effort of even trying to find out what clubs are on campus?

Fuck, if this is what you're like then yes, you should be hating yourself.
>>
>>17599893
You're an adult now, suck it up.
>>
>>17600073
Your right. I recently started anxiety counseling so there's that step too (should be easier to put myself out there and meet people when I'm not actually terrified of the world).

Anyways, is there actually a point where it's too late to join a club? I'd imagine for some it would be, but I feel for the simple video game clubs, MTG, DnD (I mean, might now get me to parties, but at least all make lots of friends) I don't see why they wouldn't just always be accepting new members.

I could probably just go to the schools information desk and ask about clubs couldn't I? Definately wouldn't be a bad place to start regardless.
>>
>>17599893

>Is college supposed to be the worst time of your life?

I think you know for a fact it isn't supposed to be the worst time of your life.

I think you know that hating yourself and being in a constant state of psychological panic isn't normal.

If you were wanting us to placate you and help you normalize your obvious anxiety and depression then you've come to the wrong place. Every college I've heard of has some kind of student services department to help you with medical issues so if you're tired of feeling this way go see a therapist or psychiatrist.

Be honest with them, tell them how you're feeling and they'll use their years of training and experience to help you.

If you want to continue moping about not enjoying what little youth you have left then just do nothing. Just keep in mind that doing nothing will only result in you growing from a socially anxious, depressed child into a socially anxious, depressed adult.
>>
>>17600358
>I've heard of has some kind of student services department to help you with medical issues so if you're tired of feeling this way go see a therapist or psychiatrist.

Actually had my first counselling session on Monday. Yep we have access to free counsellers I'll get to go in once every 2-3 weeks.

My worry is when I get my issues in check it'll be too late. I'll be graduated and I'm the adult world having missed that part of my life. Like... Maybe I'm just thinking this'll take longer than it'll actually will. But the thought still terrifies me.

The anxiety interferes with my schooling and work ethic too. I was having regular panic attacks because of my one class. I really am sick of it.

Anyways how'd you hit the nail on the head so hard
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.