[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys! Since i know this board is filled with members possesing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hey guys! Since i know this board is filled with members possesing deep knowledge of human behaviour I would very much appreciate some help with a small issue regarding authorities. In general I seem to get along within groups pretty well, I would definately say that my role is somewhat that of the '' funny guy'' and am generally speaking pretty good at making people laugh and find people respect me as a person. However, I have noticed that usually teachers and other authority figures generally seem to somewhat dislike me and almost try to humiliate me sometimes. Eventhough i have tried to respect their authorty in these situations. The only reasonable explanation i can think of is them seeing me as a threat to their position even when I don't want it myself. So finally my question would be how i could avoid this kind of '' bad blood'' between me and authorities and how do I make them like and respect me like everyone else?
>>
>>17599691
because you sound like a smartass teenage wiseguy
Just shut the fuck up
>>
>>17599691
imagine you were forced to interact with a child on a day to day basis. this child was an arrogant little shit that thought he knew everything. you know better since you're much older than him and try to get him in line so that he'll be more receptive to listening to you rather than listening to his own voice. the little kid refuses and insists he knows what the fuck he's talking about despite the fact that he's spewing utter garbage.

you're the kid.
>>
>>17599691
Have you considered that maybe the issue is the time and place you're choosing to be the funny guy. If you're around authority figures then perhaps this behaviour is disrespectful
>>
>>17599782
I might have given the wrong impression when i gave teachers as an example. I dont mean that I'm disturbing the lectures or anything. But that is none the less a good point. I am thinking more of less directly authoritarian situations, more like interacting with your boss in a casual environment
>>
>>17599817
it's sort of the same though. If you're too casual with authority figures then it can come across as disrespect. I mean it depends on the specific person but there's a difference between casual encounters between friends and casual encounters between someone who is in authority. I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself well
>>
>>17599867
Ok but how am i supposed to react if they try to humiliate me. Surely it is not healthy behavioir to simply allow them to do this as it would show a lack of self-respect on my part.
>>
>>17599971
humiliate you how? give an example
>>
>>17599975
Like point out minor flaws in what I am doing when other people are around and acting patronisingly.
>>
>>17599975
I am quite large and very muscular compared to the average person so i could see myself as being someone that a person might find intimidating and therefor have a natural bias towards.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.