[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Husband and I got 2 dogs almost a year ago, shiba inu and a husky.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 20160923_103656.png (305KB, 473x372px) Image search: [Google]
20160923_103656.png
305KB, 473x372px
Husband and I got 2 dogs almost a year ago, shiba inu and a husky.
Husb never had pets and I had dogs most of my childhood life.
I trained them and had them on a schedule since they were puppies. They got a hang of it especially the husky but the shiba inu does what he wants when he wants mainly bc husb allows it to happen.
He gets disciplined with water/vinegar (not sure if it is as effective anymore)
Dogs tend to "mess" up more under husb's care because he lets them think it's ok/no consequences.
I'm 7 months pregnant and I've had it with the shiba crapping all over. He has crapped in the car multiple times and literally every room in this house. I can't be cleaning up this dog's poop all the time and I'm the one cleaning up after them majority of the time. I'm about to be due soon and i don't have time for a dog who still wants behave like he doesn't know any better. I have taken him out and gave him his time MANY times and once he's back inside he does his mess. Poops inside his kennel and sometimes outside his kennel so it won't be in there. Always making holes and getting into neighbors yards. Told my husb to rehome him but he doesn't want to because the dog was 1200. I think what matters most at this point is someone being able to handle him and care for him because I won't be able to fully focus on him once the baby is due and my husb will be out of the country for work for over half a year. What is really the best option for this dog and to keep my sanity at this point? I've tried sooo many things at this point my only solution now is to rehome him, my husb doesn't stick to the obedience/potty training and I even have the "guide" on paper posted in our home on when to feed them and do but doesn't follow it.
>>
>>17598754
shiba inu are serious dogs. You shouldn't have bought one without knowing what you have gotten your self into. They require extremely (I'm using that word in a literal sense). They require har discipline. If you manage too accomplish that you'll have a dog with undying loyalty. Google how to discipline a shibu.
>>
im in your position really, however i have a pomeranian. just had a kid too. told my husband straight up "if you insist on keeping this dog then youre in charge of feeding it, bathing it, playing with it, cleaning up after it and shaving it (because i dont want that long hair getting on my kid). when youre not home, the dog will be tied up in a room by itself. when youre home it can run around, but youre in charge of it." i still have to tell him "uh your dog hasnt had any water or food for 2 days, are you gonna feed it or should i put it on craigslist?" it's really very draining. i feel bad for the little fucker, but my husband is in denial, thinking he takes good care of it.
you need to tell your man what's going down. if he's leaving for 6 months then tell him to put his dog in a kennel for 6 months. absolutely refuse to deal with the dog. tie it up outside or something. once your baby comes i guarantee you you wont give a shit about that dog because it wont be as important as your kid. you and your man wont have time for the dog anymore so you should just give it or sell it to someone.
>>
>>17598771
(OP) true, I found out more about shibas after getting one. They can be real stubborn. There was no stopping my husb from getting him even though I told him that it wouldn't be easy. He made the decision of getting 2 dogs at the same time himself when I told to wait and research and perhaps adopt. The issue may not be the shiba's stubborness but also my husband's because he doesn't attend the dogs much unless I constantly make him. The shiba seems to prefer male attention more than female. Idk what else to really do to make my husb cooperate to get the shiba at that point than to tell him to rehome him, he just doesn't get it bc he never has had any pets before until now
>>
>>17598795
>tied up in a room by itself
>not fucking giving it food or water for two days
Your husband is an idiot, but you're a fucking asshole. Kill yourself.
>>
>>17598795
>notice his dog hasn't had food or water for two days
>nag husband instead of feeding a living being that feels pain
You deserve each other.
>>
>>17598799 I have the feeling that the main problem isn't your fkn dog but you yourself and your husband for not being able to solve this problem. You have to understand your husband probably comes home absolutely fkn rekted from work and has no respect for you because you have been all day at home being pregnant. Your husband won't respect you if he won't understand how hard it is for you. That's why he won't respect our wished on how to treat the dog. There is no need to treat the dog badly, as you'll only feel more badly afterwards, being stern and kindly towards a dog and human will get you far more further then being cruel. Imagine the dog being your final test in child care. And get a book on how to get your husbands respect. Speaking as a husband here.
>>
>having a baby with a guy who is out of country half the year.
Great choice op.
>>
>>17598826
(OP) but that really isn't the case here. Even when i had a job while pregnant my husb wouldn't still do his part and when he had a week vacation instead of walking or bonding with the dogs he went to bond with his buddies who he then later complained about. I don't treat the dogs badly. Even if it suppose to be his day to feed them and care for them and fails to do it, I still do it because they're hungry and they need to use the bathroom too obvsly. I've told him he needs to be able to care for a dog to be able to handle a baby at least. He depends on me to do a lot even when it comes to his job to cover his ass. He sometimes gets out early and is more focused on going to a party later than dealing with his dog's shit. How can I keep a dog trained when he barely wants to acknowledge their schedule and the method. Things should be 50/50 not just because 1 person is not working temporarily and the dogs recognize there is 2 persons they can be attended by
>>
$ell dog
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.