[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I have a job interview in a few hours, I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 4-rivers-smokehouse.jpg (30KB, 550x186px) Image search: [Google]
4-rivers-smokehouse.jpg
30KB, 550x186px
Hey /adv/ I have a job interview in a few hours, I haven't ever done this before, any tips?
It's not a very serious job. I'm just applying at a barbecue restaurant near my house for part time for (around) minimum wage since I'm just in school.
I already know the basics, dress nice, or polite and professional. What are some things to look out for?

Also, I have kind of long hair but I keep it out of my eyes. How fucked am I?
>>
Look at the interview questions on glassdoor.
>>
>>17598773
>1.0 Very Easy
Nice
>>
>>17598737
>It's not a very serious job
Doesn't matter. Never give the impression you don't care about work, even if you actually do.
>What are some things to look out for?
Don't try cracking jokes or lighten the mood, it backfires 9 times out of 10. Smile and just be the serious/straight guy.
>I have kind of long hair but I keep it out of my eyes.
As long as it's very clean and it doesn't make you look like you're homeless, it's fine. However it must not be an hindrance to your work. Never, ever get hair in the food.
>>
>>17598788
I didn't mean it like that, I just meant it wasn't like something that I went to school for our anything.

And yeah, I keep my hair brushed and I can keep it tucked up in a hat, since that's what people wear there anyway
>>
>>17598834
I just wanted to make sure that you knew just how important it is to look motivated.

I'd say you're good to go, honestly. Do you know any other languages? Restaurants and markets value communication skills in employees incredibly high. Major props if you know a foreign language that corresponds to the one the major percentage of tourists there talk.
>>
>>17598862
I don't, but I've been playing music in an orchestra and in small ensembles for 10 years. I think I can use that for communication skills and also work ethic and stuff.
Also my girlfriend knows the GM and he brother worked there a few years ago, so I don't think it's going to be that bad.
>>
>>17598869
Ok, it helps that the fact that the most sought after employee is the English speaking one, so at least there's that.

You could also mention that you know somebody who worked there (sometimes they ask you this very question), it makes you look through because you know the general gist of the working condition there and find that it's good, you're not jumping in blind.

>I've been playing music in an orchestra and in small ensembles, I can use that for communication skills and work ethic and stuff
...no, sorry, how does this work? I can't see what playing music has to do with communication and work ethic.
>>
>>17598887
Well it's in a small ensemble setting, so you're working closely with the other players. You also obviously have to be accountable for your own part and carrying your own weight.
>>
>>17598947
Oh okay. Well yes, you could say you're used to cooperation due to that. I wouldn't push it farther tho.
>>
At that job level

1 - assure them you will show up for every shift
2 - assure them you will be on time
3 - assure them you won't be on your phone the entire shift
>>
>>17599124
Well it's at 4:30 and I'm already here. I'm waiting in the parking lot. My phone is on silent and I can say something about accountability.
Thanks /adv/
>>
Well I got the job.
It was easy, thanks for everything guys
>>
>>17599621
Good work anon.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.