[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The more I research about this the least I understand about it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

The more I research about this the least I understand about it.

As I posted somewhere else, I'm a very pleasing guy, and the more attached I grow to a person the more I want to please them somehow. For example, there's a not-so-close friend I have, and I'm helping him with college stuff. His appreciation and the fact I'm actually helping him makes me happy. And when it comes to girlfriends, I love to be able to make them happy.

Let us focus on relationships. In return I ask for very little. Appreciation, love, loyalty, and to be accepted. Nothing more. But even something this simple seems like a burden to get.

Apparently you have to be a super confident guy or girls will just not like you. I have a lot of weaknesses and insecurities, but it seems that each time I show any it's a big turn off - which hurts, I've been judged way too much through my life.

I've been doing research on how the relationship dynamics work, and it's depressing. Everything ends up being a big strategy game to make the right moves at the right times and voila! Girlfriend acquired. Ideally I just want my feelings and emotions to guide me but that has backfired too badly.

What the fuck am I supposed to do? I'm about to give up entirely.

I'm 27, if that's of any help.
>>
>>17598584

Not a lot of people want to date a sycophant. Yes the answer is you have to get some confidence because the key is to not be crushed when things don't go your way.

Ask someone on a date, if they say no, then it's not a big deal. They're not the only person on the planet. If a date doesn't go well, then whatever, you'll go on another one. If someone doesn't respond to your texts then cool, it's a sign you don't have to put any more time into it. If someone is cold or lukewarm towards you despite you being a nice guy, then it's their loss, time to move on.

You have to get to a place where you aren't desperately trying to make someone happy and if things don't work out then you'll feel devastated.
>>
>>17598584
>I'm 27, if that's of any help.
Stop thinking about shit like that and continue your wizard studies.
No, seriously, women want a man to make the first step and men are to shy to do that. What follows is no relationship, that's simple logic. The problem with people nowadays is that most of them think, approaching the different gender is a confession or something like that, nobody even thinks about talking or even making platonic relationships.
>>
>>17598584
>Everything ends up being a big strategy game
that is centered around one idea, and people don't over think. their actions comes off naturally and they also "enjoy the moment".
this "enjoying the moment" can be noticed in most of your interactions with other people on the internet, although it tends to be weaker than real life interactions because of the lack of body language and tone.
if you can't "enjoy the moment", you are frying your brain with too much, for lack of a more general word, dopamine, which results in you having a hard time enjoying things more often than not.
the rest is realizing that the world needs good content to keep people happy, they are tired of the same, which requires you to be self-absorbed to a degree.
>>
>>17598584
I've been in those positions before. They're not new to me at all. And even when I do move along it still hurts a lot and leaves me thinking. I really cannot help investing my emotions on it, even if it's just one single date or what knows. And it hurts on the long way, despite how confident I am.

>>17598676
I can't be a wizard at all, I had a girlfriend for three years. She criticized me for being too sensitive. Go figure.

>>17598704
I've heard this "enjoy the moment" way too much in my life. And I struggle to do it. I've tried a lot but I feel like I can't.
>>
>>17598647
Hey, >>17598732 the first response is for you. I misquoted.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.