[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >20yo male, 1,68m 70kg (5'6'' 154lbs,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: kenchu.jpg (53KB, 351x480px) Image search: [Google]
kenchu.jpg
53KB, 351x480px
>Be me
>20yo male, 1,68m 70kg (5'6'' 154lbs, I believe?)
>Go to gym with uncle and cousin
>We work out and it's fucking brutal
>Fuck it, it's on
>Finish workout, I feel emptied of all energy but satisfied and happy
>As we're heading out, the receptionist asks us if we'd be interested in taking up any courses there
>One is a boxing course
>Fuck, I'm interested
>Decide to talk to the coach right away, never done this before so I want to ask him some stuff
>Lesson hasn't started yet, people are chit-chatting and laying around
>I walk up to him
>"Hi, I'd be interesting in starting boxing here"
>"Good for you"
>He turns his back on me
>Mfw
>I go around him so I'm talking to his fucking face again
>"No seriously, I wanted to start boxing here"
>"So what? Get in line, we're starting"
>"It's my first time boxing. I wanted to start next time. I just wanted to ask you if I have to bring anything, like handwraps or whatever."
>He laughs at my face
>"You know what? I don't think you're up for it. You're a small wimp. The first guy you meet that's taller than you will fucking wreck you."
>I've been doing waterpolo for 5 years and martial arts for 2.
>I fucking love it best when I'm fighting guys taller than me. I've done it, I've always won.
>"Ok. I may not look like it, but I'm used to fighting. Try me."
>He laughs harder
>"Get in line. You're starting right the fuck now."
(1/2)
>>
>>17598418
>Tfw my uncle is a gym-nut
>Tfw I've just cleared what I can easily call the most intense workout of my life
>Tfw this guy wants me to go for another hour on top of the hour and half I've already done
>Can't go back now, so I get in the fucking line with the rest of the people there
>I hear giggling
>We start running a few laps, my headphones fall out of my pocket
>Coach picks them up
>"THE FUCK YOU DOIN'? DON'T BRING THIS SHIT IN HERE TO TRAIN, THAT'S HOW YOU SERIOUSLY YOU TAKE BOXING?"
>I know better than to answer
>People around me giggling harder
>"PUSH-UPS! GO!"
>All of my muscles are cramping, I can't keep up with all the reps
>Still doing more fucking reps than half the people in the course
>The coach straights up ignores the guys doing nothing and walks up to me
>"SEEMS TO ME LIKE YOU CAN'T TAKE IT. FUCKING PUSH."
>This goes on for a long time, with me not managing to keeping up, all my muscles cramping up from the previous workout and the guy screaming in my face despite the fact that I'm doing better than half of the people in the room
>About half an hour in, my body has decided it fucking hates my guts
>Heartbeat slows, thoughts get hazy, everything blurrs and I pass out
>"GET THE FUCK UP PRINCESS, YOU SLEEPIN'?"
>I've been laying on the ground for I don't know how long. Can't be longer than a minute, I assume. I'm covered in cold sweat. I can't fucking do a SECOND workout now.
>I get up and leave the gym without a word.
>People laughing behind my back.
(2/2)

It's been months, I've changed gym and I still can't get over this fucking story. That fucking asshole and all the pricks laughing made me feel so powerless and worthless. How do I stop thinking about it?
>>
>>17598418
>1.68
When will they learn
>>
>>17598438
Fuck off, mate.
>>
>>17598422
I thought this was gonna be a movie-tier success story, but you pussed out, after class you could've told the man that you had already exhausted yourself and that he could expect better next time, fuck op, this is why people in real life aren't given destinies by the gods anymore
>>
>>17598515
But I didn't want to make boxing my career. I just wanted to take up a sport after quitting martial arts and solely working out. I just wanted to fight again, not to go pro.

Did I fuck up? Why would I go the mile to impress that asshole, what's that worth to me?
>>
>>17598422

WHAT? How anticlimatic. You forced yourself into something stupid, get over it and go back there. Like, what? You came across a fighter up until the moment where you just quit out of nowhere.
>>
>>17598515

Yeah, definitely thought this tale was going to end with him getting right into the ring with the boxing coach and knocking him out, followed by a request for "advice" on whether or not to tell him he got head from his wife after the match.

>>17598418
>>17598422

This is what happens when people stop bullying in school. Fucking kids can't deal with anything.

Steel sharpens steel, men sharpen men. You wanted to join a boxing org, not a prayer-quilt-knitting club. Your willingness to try buys you the opportunity, not the instant respect.

Best way to get over it? Go back and rejoin the class. If they remember you, they'll tease you with some "ooh, look who's back" shit. Just roll it off and put out.
>>
>>17598525

You sure ran a mile and then some to get away from him, didn't you?
>>
why you didn't use a basic bitch white girl voice and say "what a loserrrrrr" the first time he was rude to you i don't know.

when someone is that outrageously rude you don't play their games.
>>
>>17598418
It's called Hazing, op.
You were newblood which puts you on the shit end of the stick.
He treated you like that to see if you'd wash out, which you did. Now what you should have done is afterwards, after everyone left, told him you JUST came from the floor and a hardass workout and next time he can expect better cause you won't be half dead. Then follow through.
It's what every football training, military, boxing, and generally any other "high octane" type activity instructor does. They gotta make sure you won't give up when shit gets tough and keep punching.
You pussed out and fucked up.
>>
>>17598546
Cute. Try harder next time, tho.

>>17598545
>>17598543
You two are hitting the nail on the head. I don't know why I ended up quitting cold turkey. I just felt so fucking beaten.

>>17598559
While I appreciate the /adv/, I just wanted to train, not to win the sassy queen contest
>>
>>17598564

That's not hazing. That's not even close to hazing.
>>
>>17598525
>whats that worth
Respect. If thats not enough then go join a book club or take up casual prancercising.
>>
>>17598568
Thats absolutely what it is.
You take a group of softies, chew them out while the exercising chews out thwre body, the weak ones run off, you get to keep and sharpen the good stock that's left.
You might be thinking of "hazing" like in frats not actual Hazing.
>>
>>17598568
>>17598567
>>17598525
>>17598447
>being this sensitive
Colleges and the whole safe-space thing are really making wimps these days, aren't they?
>>
>>17598564
I know what he was doing and why, I just couldn't quite put the finger on why it worked so well. It had never gotten to me this bad.

>>17598569
Might be my basic side talking, but I'm not entirely sure I want his respect. I love fighting, as a sport. I don't want to go pro. I just want to spar with someone when I feel like knocking people out. I instantly dislike anyone obeying to that marine/army bullshit, "Lead, follow or get out of the way".

>>17598593
The last 3 it's me, I'm not >>17598568
I don't really care if I come up as a wimp to you, I don't really want YOUR respect
>>
>>17598418
>>17598422
this sounds like something out of a shitty hollywood movie. assuming this isnt fiction, you could always join another boxing gym. i have been boxing for about a year and pretty much everyone at my boxing gym is really nice. the coach of your boxing gym sounds like a prick. i wouldent suggest going back there, im sure you can find somewhere better.
>>
>>17598422
Wow I can't even believe i'm reading this. Yeah that guy is a piece of work and definitely completely in the wrong here on so many unbelievable levels to be treating you or anyone like this. It's a good thing that you left and went to train elsewhere and I feel sorry for the people that didn't wise up and leave like you did.

I trained at a martial arts school with one of the best heavyweight kick boxers in the world as my teacher and do you know what his attitude was towards newcomers or people in his class in general? He was a nice and friendly person and got along with everybody and respected you from day 1.Never put you down. Never tried to "Toughen you up" by being mean because the truth is that's just abusive obnoxious BS that doesn't make anybody tougher or better as a person at all. Your other coach thinks he can disrespect and mess with you just because you're new and inexperienced which is a load of BS. He shouldn't be treating anyone that way.

Take it from me. Leave this guy in the past and just focus on finding a good teacher if you want to get into boxing. You are not powerless or worthless and they were wrong to treat you that way. There is nothing wrong with you.

When you find a decent teacher you'll be better at boxing than any of those guys ever will be
>>
>>17598418

You did not listen to reasoning, you wanted to come across as a tough guy and you got fucked.

What did you want to achieve, earn his respect by being a slave and doing everything he wants? Making your own grown up decisions is what earns you respect.

Ffs.
>>
>>17598594
>why it worked so well
Probably experience under his belt from both ends of the stick and some people just have the gifting of knowing your emotional below the belt area instinctively.

End of the day it doesn't matter if you liked it or not he was seeing if HE wanted you as a student not if you wanted to learn from him and whether you like that or not is mostly irrelevant.
Coaches gotta like their team as much the team likes its coach as it just plain gives the best results.
>>
>>17598594
>not sure i want his respect
Lets put this into a nice order than and work our way back.
You want to be in his class>you need his respect to be in his class>you need his respect
Ergo you need his respect.
Again, whether you WANT his respect is almost entirely irrelevant.
>>
>>17598624
Sorry, I expressed myself poorly. My focus wasn't being in his class, just to start boxing.

>>17598601
What would I stand to gain from faking THIS story? On /adv/?

>>17598607
I know I get in over my head with things sometimes. It simply was too early to give up - which I still did, too early - but I do not regret not leaving straight away.

>>17598606
This... helps. But...

>>17598611
Anon here is right. I see it know, I don't know why I couldn't earlier.

I like fighting, but I disapprove of all the methods that guy was using. "Sharpening" the man through abuse. It doesn't make it less valid than it is just because I don't like it, all the people in that course shouldn't quit like I did. But even if I did it like a pussy, I was right in quitting HIM. I was wrong in quitting boxing/fighting/working out in general out of lack of self-esteem, that's where I really fucked up.

That guy is a coach alright, but I'm not gonna be his student. I'm hitting /fit/ and getting back into shape asap. Once I'm there, I'll see if I want to start boxing or martial arts again somewhere nearby. If I see the guy again one day, I'm cool now.

Fuck, thanks anons. You helped me think this through. I'll be lifting one for each one of you.
>>
>>17598641
>What would I stand to gain from faking THIS story? On /adv/?

i dont know. people do it all the time. should just join another boxing gym though
>>
>>17598645
Yeah. The problem was I let myself get caught up in pointless thoughts.

Was I the pussy? Was he a dick?

The answer is yes to both and it doesn't fucking matter. Him and I do not share the same set of ideals. I don't want him as my coach as much as he didn't want me as his student, but I was afraid to admit it because I didn't want to be a little bitch in denial.

Now I can affirm I don't like the guy and know the reason why, know where I stand. That's enough for me.
>>
>>17598661
Exactly. Doesn't mean you should give jack shit up. Just find a place that you like for your activities with people you like as that will give the best results.
>>
>>17598418
If I owned that gym he would be fired
>>
>>17598641
>I was wrong in quitting boxing/fighting/working out in general out of lack of self-esteem, that's where I really fucked up.
If you stop, that's when he'll really win
>>
>>17598567
But >>17598546 is right though, you went out of your way to get some dickheads approval. The more you said, the more of a fool you looked like to him, and thats why he singled you out, To prove that you were all just talk and slightly bully you into submission

Next remember, LESS is MORE.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.