[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Really bitter about being single and women in general. Does meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: xavier.jpg (117KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
xavier.jpg
117KB, 960x540px
Really bitter about being single and women in general. Does meditation work? Or is it yoga-pants science?
>>
File: 1473911195220.jpg (163KB, 1038x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1473911195220.jpg
163KB, 1038x1038px
bump
>>
>>17596864
Nothing you can really do about that bitterness man. Look at it this way: If you were really dating material you wouldn't really have to work hard to attract women, now would you? Wouldn't you say there are several things in your life you need to work on in order to be attractive to a woman? I think if you're expecting a 10/10 beauty to just fall into your lap your mistaken.

Why not work on some of those bad habits and problem areas about yourself? Focus on some things that you believe are hindering you from being successful with women and do them. For instance, look nice. Smell nice. Put some effort in your look. Clean up your living space. Be more outgoing and engaging. Risk more.

Make the focus more on you, what are you doing wrong and what are some steps to correct it?
>>
>>17596895
The problem is...a 10/10 beauty DID fall in my lap but we both moved to separate places, and it's never happened since.
>>
>>17596901
the fact that you haven't ran into any attractive women since is on you. You have to be willing to take some risks and go places you've never been in order to get a high quality woman.
>>
>>17596905
true my friend. I want to just work on myself and forget about women.
>>
>>17596864
Just try it. Read the descriptions of the Jhanas and sit there, or listen to a guided meditation on dharma seed.

Personally, I don't get much out of it. When I was a younger, delusional, fuckwit, listening to Ajahn Sumedho's dharma talks helped me. There are some on youtube.

Also, underrated show. And I have no advice on pulling chicks, I'm not great at that either.
>>
>>17596920
>underrated show
extremely. It was my best bud in the entire world's favorite show, he's no longer with us. But I make sure I watch it every year to relive the memories.

And as for the meditation, you're right might as well just tried it. I'm a really skeptical person, so these things usually don't have alot of effect on me.
>>
>>17596895
"Dating material" that phrase just pisses me off

How many shitty worthless cheating whores are objectively "not dating material" yet because they have vaginas they haven't went a fucking week being single since they were 15 years old?

The situation is rigged
>>
>>17596934
I agree it is a bit condescending.
>>
>>17596941
I'm relatively nice when I want to be, I'm smart, I make a lot of money, I'm well groomed and at least okay looking, I have a slightly above average sized cock, but because I was raised in an environment that resulted in me developing social anxiety and being very shy and hesitant of people, I'm "not dating material" and don't even deserve a girlfriend?

I don't at the very least "deserve" (as if that's even the word to use) a below average looks, below average intelligence, boring girlfriend? I'm not good enough for them? That's what most women are yet they have standards set too high by popular culture.
>>
>>17596925
Yeah, I suspect most people who like it just enjoy having someone tell them to be calm, and everything is alright, for a while. Nothing wrong with that.

The traditional Buddhist way of looking at it doesn't require too much faith. Basically, you observe your thoughts and label the ones that are unskillful until they stop coming. The obvious example everyone uses is traffic. Notice the thoughts your having, analyze them, and almost all of them are irrational, and just put you in a worse mental state. It's all about not harming yourself with dumb thinking patterns.

Once you've practiced that for a while you're ready to try for the first jhana, which is where you sit there and try to fill yourself with compassion, and ignore any physical or mental desires you have. Since all you care about is compassion, you're supposed to be freed of any guilt or worry, since you're just doing the best thing and no one can blame you for it.

The instructions from the digha nikaya are better, I can't find the passage I like on google tho.
>>
>>17596953
unfortunately, men are expected to pursue women. you will almost never find a girl who will go after a man. this is because women are biologically more valuable and males compete for the chance to impregnate them

you should try therapy for your social anxiety anon. CBT helped me a lot. it's about identifying what you think subconsciously in social situations...and stopping the irrational thoughts like "she hates me because she smiled a little weird, i'm pathetic" . medication too, if your anxiety is bad enough that you're having physical reactions like fast heart rate, and sweating, and such
>>
>>17596953
well there you have it
your confidence is shit
im sure youve seen girls with losers all the time and wonder why
its because theyre not shy and reserved
if you work on that then you could get the 10/10
>I'm relatively nice when I want to be, I'm smart, I make a lot of money, I'm well groomed and at least okay looking, I have a slightly above average sized cock, but
>but
just leave out the but and youre good
>>
>>17596991
this was sound, good job anon.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.