[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the "secret" to getting really good at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1471043171516-tv.gif (1MB, 291x260px) Image search: [Google]
1471043171516-tv.gif
1MB, 291x260px
What's the "secret" to getting really good at anything?

Practice, I understand that, but what else besides talent makes some people so much better than others are certain things?
>>
10000 hours of practice to truly master something. Get to getting.
>>
>>17596651
Genetics. But you have no control over that. So putting in time and effort is the only way you will profit.
>>
>>17596651

Persistence. Showing up every single day and preforming even if you don't feel like it.
>>
>>17596657
fucking this

avoid Perfomance Plateau at all cost
>>
>>17596651

That really is it. Talent (natural ability and advantage) and practice (putting time and effort into development).

Only thing I could think to add would be not to neglect secondary skills. For example, if you want to be a good sportsman, you'll want to train your fitness in addition to working on your game skills.
>>
FOCUSED practice

Not just doing the same thing over and over but making slight adjustments to fine tune skills
>>
motivation
>>
As someone who has succeded individually in almost everything i've really put effort in, i think life pretty much goes like "anything is possible if you work enough for it".
First consider how much time are you willing to put into the matter. Then, if ok, put all your willpower into practicing. Dont lose focus. Stop now and then to check if you're better than before. If not, change the method, else continue. Repeat until you consider you're either good enough or you no longer want to spend time getting better at the matter.
Trust me, it works in every aspect of life.

Also OT, understanding of the thing is what gets you so far above plebs. But for that you need that mindful practice, not just repeating. Practice means you understand more, repeating means you remember N particular cases.
>>
>>17596767
you forgot the Intelligence aspect of mastery

your level of intelligence directly influences your ability to improve, your ability to learn and recognize what you are doing correctly and what you are doing incorrectly
>>
Remembering. Thats the downfall of most guys. Theyl play a game on 5 chicks and flop but not remember what they did or how they felt and each one starts over. Same with education. Remember. You could be a skilled mechanic, engineer, physicist, but if you cant remember shit, youre doomed
>>
>>17596651

Passion. People who actually really enjoy what they do improve much faster than those who're not that into it. They're more prepared to dedicate time and effort in to it, and they think about it and even do it outside the usual 'practice hour's as well.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.