[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one deal with people who are unresponsive and either

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1472739876033.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1472739876033.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
How does one deal with people who are unresponsive and either don't know, or don't make, an effort towards keeping a conversation alive?
This is taking for granted they actually want to talk, if they don't then there's nothing unclear about the situation.

I am talking to someone but it doesn't seem he ever cares about keeping any conversation going (ie gives short, clear cut answers that make the subject a dead end). I've asked him if I'm doing anything wrong but he said that isn't the case and it's actually an issue of his that everyone perceives him as disinterested but I'm still left wonder about what I'm supposed to do now.
Should I keep pushing? Should I forget about him? This is all done online by the way and by text, but any tip of any kind is well accepted.
>>
I would say hold back a little, why would you want to be with someone who can't hold a conversation with you? Wether it being that he is cutting his answers short on purpose or he is just unable to talk about interesting stuff. Neither of those options seem like they will keep you entertained for long. Maybe he has social anxiety?
>>
>>17596546
>>17596546
I actually do not really know.
It started as a cute challenge for me, it's now probably not worth it.
Were I to look at it coldly I'd just go away I guess but I dunno, dropping an entire person just like that?
Eh.
>>
>>17596546
>Maybe he has social anxiety?
Probably, it's a real possibility.
>>
Usually I feel disrespected when people act like that towards me so I just end up removing them entirely out of my life rather than feeling bad about it.
>>
My bf is like that
>tfw when feeling lonely
>tfw ge actually loves me

On the long run you just feel empty, I can't do much about it, but leave
>>
accept silence as an option
>>
can you send a screesnhot or give us a specific example, OP?
>>
ah fuck I always end up being that guy in a conversation
i dont know. maybe find out what theyre interested in to get them talking
everyone has something that can open up to and fucking talk about for ages
or if you think its a trust thing, maybe be very nonchalant with your words and open up with something personal
hopefully theyre just tsundre, otherwise just move on i guess
people like that are very deeply rooted in their introversion, and it's mostly on them to make the effort
>>
>>17597005
Well no, not really, it is mostly done through Steam because I talk to one of my best friends there already and it saves me time to just talk to people there. In case you do not know it doesn't save chatlogs.
The typical conversation is something along the lines of:
>me saying something and asking a question
>get answer, most of the times it's as I've mentioned above: simple and clear-cut
Now at this point of the conversation if I give an opinion or share something of mine about the subject I mostly don't even get an answer. I somehow have to get around that.
It really is up to my skill to keep a conversation going, Only once, yesterday, I just dropped the ball and replied "alright" myself and he made a move towards keeping it going, but it ended in a few minutes despite my renewed best efforts anyway.

Really, I know I should just drop it all but it does not feel right. This is supposedly a person who has trouble exactly with these things.
Then again I'm skeptical, maybe I'm just getting fucked with
>>
>steam

Do you message him when he's in game?
>>
>>17597831
Sometimes.
Not frequently though, I understand it's mostly annoying although it really is not to me.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.