[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people only want to date mean people? I see a lot of men

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1438903398245.jpg (167KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1438903398245.jpg
167KB, 1440x810px
Why do people only want to date mean people? I see a lot of men complain about how girls only go for the assholes, and I've personally witnessed many many men who have chosen to break up with girlfriends that are too nice, and date or even marry the meanest lady he could find. I definitely don't want to date someone who hurts my feelings or makes me feel inadequate all the time, I can do that to myself perfectly fine without any help. I really don't understand why someone would pick someone who's so mean over someone who treats them with respect and love.
>>
>>17596080
Let me just quote this lines from the FAQ in the "Ask the opposite gender anything" thread we periodically have here.

>"Q: This person did something that hurt my feelings. Why do guys/girls do this? A: Because shit people are shit people. It's not a gendered thing."

>"Q:XYZ happened. Interpret this for me please. A: We're not in their head, we don't know."

How does that help us answer the question "Why do people only want to date mean people"? Simply put, there's a lot of mean people prancing about doing mean things - a good chunk of those do not see themselves as mean. They just go about their day in mean ways. What to say of the smaller percentage of those that actually seek abusive relationships? We're not in their head, we don't know.
>>
>>17596080

you're talking about a myth OP

From the outside confidence is often confused with arrogance and niceness if often confused with neediness and sycophantic behavior.
>>
>>17596206
Im talking about people who outright degrade their partners, calling them names, and just being an all around neurotic bitch. Like, the kind of people that fly off the handle at every little thing, and make your life miserable.
>>
>>17596367
not him but then you're talking about people that entered a relationship with an abusive partner. if you know anything about abusive behaviour, it's not immediately obvious who is abusive and who isn't.
>>
>>17596080
>I see a lot of men complain about how girls only go for the assholes, and I've personally witnessed many many men who have chosen to break up with girlfriends that are too nice, and date or even marry the meanest lady he could find.
You've seen a lot of assholes.

>I definitely don't want to date someone who hurts my feelings or makes me feel inadequate all the time, I can do that to myself perfectly fine without any help.
I don't blame you.

>I really don't understand why someone would pick someone who's so mean over someone who treats them with respect and love.
People like other people like themselves.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of clingy people when you say respect/love, like "nice guys"? Clingy is always a turn off, and theres a fine line between clingy/needy, and loyal/loving.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.