[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help guys/gals I've been with my GF for only a week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0786.jpg (35KB, 720x466px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0786.jpg
35KB, 720x466px
I need help guys/gals

I've been with my GF for only a week now but we were seeing each other for 2 months before. Anyway i'll get to the point.
I'm convinced my GF is hung up on her ex. I've told her I thought that before and she was like "we broke up a year ago so I'm obviously over him" blah blah blah. However she has done stuff since to suggest she misses him and got aggresive whem I mentioned it.
Just today she has showed signs of missing him again but I'm now at the point where if i dare mention him she gets aggresive af and says i dont trust her word.

What do?
>>
>>17595604
break ups and getting over people are hard, give it time, it's only been a short period of time.

I usually go with the half rule, it takes half the time of dating someone to get over them. It gives you a margin of safety knowing she's not obsessing over someone she dated 4 years ago or whatever.

Just try and be good to her and make her happy, it'll help her forget and be less tender
>>
>>17595604
Maybe she gets frustrated because you keep mentioning him.
It is normal to miss people who once were important in your life. It doesn't mean you want them back.
>>
>>17595622
She was with him 2.5 years. So that would make sense :)

>>17595651
I know it winds her up but I get really anxious etc when I see these 'signs' and I worry the whole time unless I say something
>>
>>17595668
Why do you worry?
Do not read too much into the things she says. She is with you. That's what matters.
>>
>>17595681
True, but I worry because I like her so much. She says she wants to be with me and so on and I KNOW that I treat her better than he did. But she obviously has this 'first love' soft spot for him or something
>>
>>17595694
You keep mentioning these obvious signs. What are they?
>>
>>17595694
It is completely normal and not necessarily bad.
I still care about and miss my first love. We spent 5 years together and he is someone truly special for me. I would be slightly sociopathic if he wasn't.
This being said, I would never go back to him or leave my boyfriend for him.
I am in love with my boyfriend, madly, and he is perfect for me. I want to grow old with him.
>>
>>17595711
Then how the fuck do you miss your ex.
You could say you care about him... but miss?
>>
>>17595709
>They last slept together a month or two before we started speaking
>They still talk quite a bit
>She was visibly upset when she heard he said something bad about their relationship
>Went to prank her on twitter by posting shit on it and as I clicked on twitter it loaded on to his page and on the 'likes' tab (she was looking at his likes???)
>Shared some song lyrics along the lines of 'i will always love you til i die blah blah blah it hurts how much i love you' and the song title ironically was 'just friends'

Just shit like that, i may sound psycho but ive always been pretty good at judging character
>>
>>17595738
Why wouldn't I? We have been together for 5 years! He was my best friend, my partner in crime and all my world.
I miss him obviously.
I do not want him back, but I miss the friendship and the companionship.
>>
>>17595751
you aren't imagining things OP. First they still talk, a lot and only stopped fucking 3 months ago. She is definitely not over the guy and unfortunately for you, you are the transition guy as she works through the end of that relationship, if in fact it is the end.

Honestly if she is in a new relationship with you and wants to make it work there is not any good reason for her to be in as much contact with an ex bf.
>>
>>17595758
but would you continue to have as much contact with him if you truly were trying to move on and concentrate your effort on a new relationship?
>>
>>17595791
I dont talk to him if we don't need to or he's not visiting my family (Christmas, my birthday, my parents/grandparents birthday, Easter).
He knows my boyfriend and gets along with him.
I moved on.

Unlike your girlfriend. Your girlfriend hasn't moved on.
>>
>>17595779
How do I get her to crack then? If she is thinking it then how do I get it out of her?
>>
>>17595860
You don't get people to crack.
Ask her to stop talking every day to her ex because it is disrespectful of you.
If she doesn't agree, dump her.
>>
>>17595860
first, why would she admit it to you and second if she did you wouldn't do anything about it but complain. The reason she gets pissed is not because she is over him but the fact you suspect and keep asking.

To be fair to her, she cannot make herself get over him even if you are a great guy and the best thing for her. Problem for you is, you will never be the number one guy in her life, ever.
>>
>>17595873
This. Also you're not comfortable with her current relationship with her ex (platonic or not). Personally I think you're right to feel that way but the only thing you can do about it is to talk about it and see what she thinks. If she thinks it's okay to maintain this kind of contact with her ex and won't budge, red flag.
>>
>>17595668
>:)
Get out.
>>
>>17595805
>I dont talk to him if we don't need to or he's not visiting my family (Christmas, my birthday, my parents/grandparents birthday, Easter).
>He knows my boyfriend and gets along with him.

Oh, you're one of those girls. Get out
>>
>>17595805

I was with a girl for 5 years, engaged for 1 of those years. She ended up dumping me for some other guy (she's still with him).

I'm over her at this point, especially considering how much she hurt me by doing what she did, but she's since essentially had nothing to do with me; pretty sure she doesn't even have interest in being friends. While it's probably better for me in my day-to-day life that she doesn't try to contact me, I'd be lying if I said that it doesn't hurt a bit to think that I suddenly became nobody to her after we were together so long.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.