[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i harden the fuck up? I mean, even more. I lost my family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Control.jpg (117KB, 468x714px) Image search: [Google]
Control.jpg
117KB, 468x714px
How do i harden the fuck up? I mean, even more. I lost my family years ago, was betrayed and got a big chunk of my not so big heritage stolen by relatives. I was abandoned, abused, betrayed, lied to a lot through those last years. I've grown a lot. People say that. I'm big, tall. I'm starting to go to the gym. I'm strong, i do Judo and will do Muay Thai, but i still don't feel strong enough. I don't feel good enough. I don't control myself good enough, my emotions. I succumb to anger sometimes, i rant or talk too much sometimes, or i'm way too gentle sometimes.

I don't want to be an asshole, i don't want to be a cold blooded psychopath. I just want to harden up even further. I want to be a Man. I want to be in control of myself. I want to be the Man my Father and Mother would be proud to have, that I'D be proud to be. Seeing advices and motivational images, self help books has helped enough and still does. But i need more. I don't know if i have suffered enough, or even if i need to. I'm 22 years old. What should i do? Should i just enlist in something like Foreign Legion and go kill someone, suffer inhuman treatment, lose a limb or two? Work harder? Study harder? I want control myself. I want to -tame- myself. I'm very confident, but i don't feel it is concrete. I feel that, with the right words that i don't even know of (and that's scary), i'd be broken.

So, to make it short: How do i harden the fuck up?
>>
>>17595294
Living well is the best revenge.

Forget about hardening up. Just be happy and successful. Then you win.
>>
military?
>>
Try reading 'No More Mr. Nice Guy', it may help you reconnect with your masculinity.

It certainly helped me be proud of myself, make more meaningful relationships with other men and teaches you how to think more like a man and embrace what it means to be one.
>>
>>17595294

Maybe you're focusing too hard into it? That itself could be a problem - you got screwed over and now is becoming obsessed with the idea of turning into an unshakable manly man. Everybody has flaws and makes mistakes and has doubts; you should be proud of how far you've come.

As >>17595332 said, that is a pretty cool book, too.
>>
>>17595294

You must have a goal, but not focus on the goal.
>>
>>17595358
That is true.
>>17595346
>>17595332
Will do. It was on my backlog. Thank you, gentlemen.

Any advices on not to succumb to anger, lust, pity and such?
>>
>>17595769
Start disciplining yourself. Consistent little steps will come a long way when walking up the road of improvement
>>
>>17595769

Everybody has a different way to cope with that? Anger and lust are easy when you have the time. A decent hobby can go a long way - started doing amateur archery some time ago and it's been fun. Video games aren't as enjoyable as they used to be.
>>
>>17595769

Keeping yourself busy with friends and hobbies worked for me

Now that I am by myself doing nothing I am always horny or angry
>>
>>17595294
What the fuck does this even mean? Do you want to be able to withstand torture or something? Get kicked in the nuts and feel nothing? You sound like a child. Becoming a man is about experiencing life, and learning how to deal with the shit life throws at you. It isn't some faggy montage where you lift weights, get shouted at, and punched in the face a bunch.

TL;DR - you sound like a faggot edgelord
>>
>>17596007
It's remarkable how you're the only one in the thread who missed the point entirely. Nice reading comprehension, retard. I clearly stated i don't want to become a machine, i stated i want to control myself better, to harden and better myself as a man.
>>
>>17595971
>>17595997
True. I've been having way too much free time. Will work on that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.