[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dropped boxing after a year and a half some months ago because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: arreola_crying-530x317.jpg (32KB, 530x317px) Image search: [Google]
arreola_crying-530x317.jpg
32KB, 530x317px
I dropped boxing after a year and a half some months ago because i felt like i was garbage at it, everytime someone new came i felt like he was outclassing me in every aspect and i could do nothing about it.
I had three official bouts
I lost the first one, it feld bad
I lost the second one, it felt worse
I lost the third one, it felt even worse
The worst thing is that my coach is the sweetest guy ever and when we start fighting he doesn't make us pay the lessons anymore, i hate not being able to make him feel even a little bit proud of me.
But i want to start boxing again, i remember how much i liked it in the beginning and how much i liked learning new stuff and practicing punches and footwork; yeah, i was bad back then, but it was normal since i had just begun boxing.
What am i supposed to do? I don't want to drop it forever but i don't want to feel like shit everytime we spar/train too.
>>
Drop to a lower weight class.
>>
>>17595150
It's your coach's fault, he's supposed to be tough on you.
>>
>>17595177
I never said he wasn't, i said he's a sweet guy because he is but he is tough when he trains, it's not his fault it's my fault
>>
You're experiencing burn out that happens in entry level martial arts which have people sparring early.

You have to get through the demotivating "everyone is beating my ass" stage.
>>
>>17595170
I'm already pretty small, 59kg 1,72 m dropping to bantam would mean suicide
>>
>>17595181
I started light sparring after 6 months, not really early, and i feel like even people who have less experience than me are way better than me
>>
Bump
Please i really need help with this
>>
>>17595150
You are either not sparring with people your size, or you have a bad coach.

It sounds like it could be a lack of opportunity given how small you are >>17595187
>59kg
As at your height and weight you must struggle to find anyone your size who isn't a woman.

It could also be that your coach is bad and isn't doing his job, as he should be spotting where you are fucking up and helping you to progress, if you aren't getting feedback and putting the work in, then losing again and again, you might need a new coach and to start from the basics.
>>
>>17595150
i have been boxing for about 7 months. how often did you train? what was your work out schedule? fortunately i have kind of just naturally adapted at the boxing. i never practice footwork really but i am still better than most people.
>>
>>17595304
>As at your height and weight you must struggle to find anyone your size who isn't a woman.

this has got to be true. im 5'8, 75 kg and im still one of the smaller people in the boxing gym.
>>
>>17595322
I used to train 3 times a week for 2 hours
>>
>>17595327
Weird, all the people i fought were like me, i even had to drop 2 kilos to fight a guy as tall as me
>>
>>17595304
He is correcting me, maybe i'm just not cut out for boxing
>>
>>17595150
Maybe if you like doing it, you should do it and stop comparing yourself to others constantly and feeling like shit. There's no need for it, just try and improve yourself and block out everything else, because if you're improving yourself, there's no way what you're doing could be bad.
>>
>>17595367
I'm trying to but i have this block in my head and i can't remove it
>>
Here's the shitty thing about life - doing something a lot doesn't entitle you to anything. There are people out there who have been practicing things for 30 years, and still suck ass at them. There are people who become "masters" in a disgusting fraction of the time.

Equality is a myth. If you enjoy something, do it for the pure enjoyment. Try to remove your outcome dependence.

What's your musculature like? I know you're pretty light for your size, but that's alright if you've got some musculature to back it up.
>>
>>17595353
i train everyday but im not sure if anyone else does at my gym. maybe you try training more at home, like go on the bag for half an hour every day, and do some footwork training. if you dont own a punch bag, you should get one.

>>17595361
>Weird, all the people i fought were like me
maybe the people at my gym are just big.
>>
>>17595396
Yes i have some muscles, i'm not a skeleton
>>
>>17595456
I didn't think you were. I'm your size, just 10+ heavier and I'm no skelly either.

It's annoying when people assume skelly as soon as they hear anything less than 150
>>
Shameless bump
>>
Maybe try another coach? He might be a sweet guy, but if he is the only coach you've had and you're still getting your ass kicked try something different before giving up entirely
>>
>>17595482
130 at that height is Skelly. An extra 10 pounds of lean mass is quite a bit around that weight range.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.