[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im actually getting to the point where I'm feeling way to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 6ahBZ3y.jpg (106KB, 1482x897px) Image search: [Google]
6ahBZ3y.jpg
106KB, 1482x897px
Im actually getting to the point where I'm feeling way to stressed to handle school.
I recently had to send my laptop in for repairs, I was able to borrow a loaner one from my school, but re-setting up all the programming software I need really set me back time-wise (not to mention there's still some shit i can't figure out how to re-setup because it's being fucking stupid on this piece of shit laptop).
It seems like school is causing me to get frustrated beyond functioning on a regular basis. I've been really really struggling to focus, keep up, get motivated and simply understand on a regular basis. It's getting to be too much and i feel like I'm completely losing my mind.
>>
>>17595133

What was the issue you wanted advice on?
>>
>>17595384
Just what i should do, I'm really scared that I'm just gonna fuck up this semester
>>
>>17595133

try harder. the world doesn't care, and it never will. you are expected to simply make it through the rough patch. it wont be the end of the world.
>>
File: milhouse.jpg (5KB, 173x90px) Image search: [Google]
milhouse.jpg
5KB, 173x90px
oh shit my one assignment i was really really worried about got an extension
>>
>>17595133
i saw your previous post on /adv/ - i think you had a problem with charging the battery or maintaining power to your laptop

what i cant fathom about your posts is that you are working on 'programming' yet you are not able to maintain your own laptop, your own electronic equipment - how much computer skill do you actually have?

im just asking because it makes one wonder - are you in the right field of study?
>>
>>17595566
I'm great at actual programming, but your right, learning more about the actual physical side of computing is a good idea.

I took two computer engineering classes in highschool but my teachers were both garbage and i learned literally nothing
>>
>>17595600
i'm not a programmer or software tech of any kind
i have a seperate job of my own not related to computers - but i do work with a computer all the time
i've never taken any computer related courses in all my schooling - yet i know how to assemble / disassemble my own system - build/repair/ fix augment/add and expand my own rig
i'm definitely not the best but i know enough to keep all my systems running
definitely a skill we should all know because computers hardware and software permeates our entire lives
>>
>>17595133
Check to see if your school offers mental health resources to students (most do). It sounds like you could be suffering from heavy anxiety, which, as you're finding out, can be debilitating.
>>
>>17595695
Started seeing one on monday. Our first session was just about explaining my issues, I'm going back in 3 weeks. However I worry that by then it'll be too late, the stress will get to me and I'll follow way too behind with my studies.
>>
File: 1384779370513.jpg (359KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1384779370513.jpg
359KB, 600x600px
>>17595750
>the stress will get to me and I'll follow way too behind with my studies.

ya know, I can't say I got the definitive answer for your problem, but I've been there way too many times. In fact, I feel the cycle beggining to take place again as I got back to college this week and am already seeing problems in my head ahead of time.

My tip, which probably won't cure your problems, but will definitely help, is to do this:
Whenever you begin to feel overwhelmed or anytime you feel uneasy and stressed, just stop thinking ahead once and for all.
That stress you feel is a result of you imagining potential scenarios, bad ones which can only take place in the future, and trying to solve them in your head *now*. And you simply can't do that.

So just forget about it all for a moment and focus on the present moment. Focus on your breathing, the weird taste in your mouth, whatever... Just don't think ahead, or at least try.
After that, remember that things are only temporary and that regardless of what happens, try to look at things from a distanced point of view. Get out of that box. Your life isn't just grades and classes. Accept that you might fail, and if you do, it's not the end of the world. Don't think beyond that. Just accept it, and do what you gotta do. If you feel too stressed to work or think, then don't. Go do something else for a while.
Go outside, look at the stars and breath. You're gonna be fine.
>>
>>17595983
>Accept that you might fail, and if you do, it's not the end of the world.

How is failing my program not a big deal. It's literally my whole future here. Yeah a can retake the semester, but that literally means waiting for the next year to start up, a whole year of my life wasted desu, plus the extra debt added onto of all the debt i have already
>>
College can be very stressful.

Some people have anxiety and can't process stress properly.

I think you need to have a sit down and ask yourself if your mentally well enough to continue with your schooling. There have been millions of students to take a year off school to go to counselling. There's nothing wrong with it. Not everyone is equipped to handle where their life currently is and sometimes you simply have to put life on pause and do what you need to do to help yourself.
>>
>Realize project is a lot bigger and requires a lot more work than I once thought while talking about it in class
>"Holy shit, I actually have no fucking idea how to do most of this"
>Insta stress mode, can't pay any attention to the lecture because i just can't fucking calm down.

I've actually been struggling to wrap my head around pretty much everything in this class. I thought this assignment was something I could kinda bs my way through (that's literally what I did with a lot of my assignments, and that's honestly where most of my understanidng of the content came from), but this just feels like too much, I have no idea how I'm gonna fucking get this done especally considering I can't learn to control my fucking anxiety overnight.

I'm really fucked i just know it.
>>
>>17596364
>Completely disregard stressful class
>Focus on all other classes
>Re-take stressful class next time you can, so you can focus on it.
>Pick-up course where you left off once passed
>Take stress management therapy in the meantime.

If it's as bad as you say it's this is the ebst sollution desu
>>
Bump. There's been some great advice but I just still feel so insanely stressed and no matter how much I try to get myself to stop I can't escape my own fucking head.

I'm actually fucking pathetic. School is gonna drive me insane. I actually don't know how I'm gonna survive any of this. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck
>>
>>17596168
But then look at yourself now. Forget that part, then. The fact is that you're constantly thinking up problems ahead of you. Problems that aren't even a guarantee, and you're stressing yourself over them.
Just forget about it for a moment. Maybe failing a semester is something you can't afford, but continuously stressing over it isn't gonna help either. So just shut up, sit back and breath a little everytime you can't deal
>>
an IT student that cant actually handle his own laptop. these are the exact type of people noone wants regardless of degree.
>>
>>17596476
I guess I'm more of a fucking joke than u thought.

Might as well fucking an hero then. I've clearly wasted my life on a goal that's not for me
>>
>>17596468
>Look at myself now

Right now I need to be working on a project that's significantly larger than I thought based around content I barely understand because I was too much of an anxious fuck to ask for help in class.
>>
>>17596510
Look man, I've seen your replies and I know what you're trying to pull.

Besides what I said, if there's anything more I can add is this: if you really want something, you'll get there. Things are never really as bad as your mind makes them out to be. I'm not telling you to "just" forget your problems because obviously you gotta take responsbility and unstressing yourself doesn't quite come easy. But let's just call it a night for today, ok?

With time you'll be able to piece everything together, just don't try to take it all in at once. Ask for help, work but also take breaks. Go run, listen to some good music or whatever. Just let it all go for a moment.
>>
>>17596364
>I thought this assignment was something I could kinda bs my way through
>that's literally what I did with a lot of my assignments

and you thought that wasn't going to catch up with you in a technical field?

>>17595640
seriously that's like wanting to be a mechanical engineer but not knowing hot to change a tire
>>
>>17597268
Fuck, so I'm gonna be completely unsuccessful in the field I've been dreaming to be in since I was 12. Fantastic, lovely, fucking wonderful.

Worst part is, without this I have nothing. No other fucking career goals, nothing else I really wanted to do with my life.

I'm actually fucking pathetic, holy fuck. My life is gonna completely go down the fucking shitter.
>>
>>17598207
May as well drop out and get a job at a factory.

Perfect place for absolute jokes of beings like you. Seriously how about instead of admitting defeat the moment things are working out your way you could try working harder to get what you need to do done.
>>
Suck it up and work harder. One semester I had my car stolen and also had to have emergency surgery all within a one month timeframe. I still managed to pass all my classes despite how fucked my finances and emotions were. It was hard to get through that experience but my life would be even more difficult now if I didn't bother trying to pass my classes because I would have to repeat.
>>
>>17598306
It feel legitmately impossible for me to push myself some days though. The moment thigns don't start working out my brain goes into complete panic mode, followed by self-loathing and just all around emotional distress. You seem a lot stronger than me, For some reason I simply can't handle... anything, and it's not like it's something I can instantly fucking fix about myself. By the time I get anywhere close to being able to make improvements it'll be way to fucking late.

Why do I have to actually be such a fucking joke.
>>
>>17595133
If u can't handle the fucking ease of school you are going to be crushed when you start working
>>
>>17598365
might as well just fucking an hero then. I'm clearly destined to work at a fucking fast food resturaunt my whole life
>>
OP you are a genuinely pathetic human being.
>>
>>17598364
Try visiting a therapist to show you some strategies for managing anxiety and negative thoughts. I went to therapy to learn how to have enough resilience to recognise and regulate my emotions enough to manage my own life. It's never too late to learn. Remember you are responsible for your own life.
>>
>>17599709
Actually went to my first counselling session on Monday. Not much happened, just talked about what was bugging me, he said sounds like I'm struggling with some heavy anxiety issues and said next session were gonna start working on it.

Simply put, by the time the next session starts I worry it'll be too late. I'll be beyond help for that one class.

All my other classes have been a complete cakewalk desu. I've really been breezing through them. It's just this one that's causing an insane amount of stress.

I don't really care about the outcome of this assignment desu, it's worth 5% of my mark and while I'm still gonna do all I can a shitty grade on it really isn't the end of the world. However I simply worry what it'll mean for my understanding of future content. Future lessons could be completely unrelated to this, however we could also end up using it all the time. What scares me and stresses me is the later being true and me completely fucking up the class and if this is the case it'll probably happen rather soon.

I suppose I could ask about a tutor. Seems to constantly be used for "help me I've fallen behind and need a crash course in everything" so suppose there's no shame.

Worst case scenario I simply drop the program focus on what I can do, take a break, focus on counseling and bettering myself and when this semester starts up again next year just take the course I failed.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.