[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Columbia University, Chicago University or King's College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: explore_campus.jpg (37KB, 370x276px) Image search: [Google]
explore_campus.jpg
37KB, 370x276px
Hi guys. First time here on /adv/, looking for some advices in where I should enrol for a semester.
I'm an italian finishing my MA. I wanted to try a semester in a foreign university and I got accepted in these three.
I study Public Relations and Marketing.
Columbia is the most expensive one but I would also earn a certificate.
King's College is in London and therefore way less expensive and problematic for an european like me.
Chicago U is nice (usually one of the best 10, in the rankings) but not in the Ivy League.
I wouldn't mind working in the USA, one day.
Can you help me in my choice? How are these uni seen in your country?
>>
I live in Chicago, go to King's College, debt is normal in America, which isn't good to be in.
>>
>>17594796
certificate equals line on a resume/qualification

but I wouldn't go into debt or pay a ton for one, there are other ways. if I were you I would go to King's. as an american who has lived abroad, I would take most opportunities to live somewhere else.
>>
Londoner here, King's college is generally highly regarded across the country and I think it's in the top 20. It's part of the Russell Group of Unis which is UK's equivalent to Ivy League but to a far lesser extent. It's better to look into how good your degree department is on sites like whatuni or something. Either way, you're getting a foreign experience whichever one you choose. If you feel like living in America in the future, then maybe Chicago isn't so bad. There's a lot to do in London though and you're bound to fit in with the thousands of foreign Europeans at University. Everything in London is stupidly expensive though for what you're getting, especially accommodation and our campuses are pretty small compared to American universities.
>>
>>17594796
The three are roughly equal in quality and reputation, so your choice comes down to two things.

1. More important: what is the quality of the department you will be working in? Good schools can have weak departments (and vice versa), so rather than thinking in terms of the university, check into the specific department.

2. Which city attracts you? As urban campuses in world-class cities, all three offer the special opportunity to make use of the city's resources, something that college-town colleges don't.
>>
>>17594816
here in Italy we don't have uni released certificates, or at least I think we haven't. So they are not really valuable in the eyes of the employers?
>>17594943
Yes, London is very expensive. I would even consider living outside of the city and make a 1 hour daily commute just to not pay those rents...
King's seems nice and here in Italy the "King" in its name has quite an effect on people, lol.
>>17595379
I checked that, and Chicago has the best ranking in my department, followed by Columbia (that usually has a higher employers valutation) and King's.
How is NYC? Anybody lives there?
>>
Anyway even writing these posts helps me to clear my mind. A lot. Thanks guys for your time, I really appreciate it
>>
>>17594796
Go London man, British girls love sexually aggressive men, such as from Italy, you'll kill it out here.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.