[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

18 year old senior in high school. Have to serve a 3 hour detention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

18 year old senior in high school. Have to serve a 3 hour detention tomorrow for being tardy to class 3 times adding up to all of a minute and a half of missed class time. What should I do to pass the time? I doubt I'm going to be able to find any drugs before tomorrow unless I can find a script of ritalin laying around in my house somewhere, and they're probably not going to let me use my phone.

>inb4 hurr do homework
Yeah that'll hold me over for maybe 15 minutes.
>>
> getting detention as an adult
>>
>>17593798
Thinking "I'm 18 so now I'm an adult" is what got him there in the first place
>>
Draw something, write something, practice origami, read a book, learn how to flip a pen, play paper football on your desk
>>
>>17593799
Not even, figured after 3 years of teachers not really giving a shit that they still wouldn't give a shit, especially being about 30 seconds late to class.

>>17593802
They'd probably try to fuck me over for anything except reading a book out of those. Anyone got any book suggestions.
>>
>>17593799
At that age teachers would have been happy that I'd turned up, but might question whether I was really interested and suggest I might do something else instead.
>>
Bring a rubik's cube
>>
Think about how an FM radio can decode a EM wave into audio. like, it's just a wave, but it has data for pitch, volume, left and right channel, and now even text for your radio to tell you what's being played. and it's not binary or nothing, because radios were around before computers, so it's not just 1s and 0s for all of that stuff, it has to get decoded just with a couple of transformations. damn, how does it work?
>>
>>17593821
I'd try to get away with that if I had one. The detention notices say "bring enough academic material for all 3 hours" or some shit like that, but being like 3 weeks into the semester I don't know how much "academic material" they'd expect me to have handy.

>>17593825
Fuckin magnets
>>
>>17593810
At that age, if you want to be there, you'd be there.
>>
>>17593831
I'm assuming the detention is after school?

Go to the school library beforehand and grab some books. I enjoy biographies, so 3 hours would probably be enough time to kill a decently sized one. Bring some food too, and take bathroom breaks often.

Afterwards, consider having an honest conversation with the teacher causing you problems. Being straightforward will get you quite far.
>>
>>17593831
>>17593857
P.S.

Also, not to be that guy, but in the professional world being late really doesn't fly.
If anything, being early is one of the best habits you can start.
>>
>>17593857
Yeah, from 3 to 6.

We're not allowed food, and only allowed one 5 minute bathroom break, but yeah, I'll probably go get a fat biography and read it.

>>17593870
Yeah, but I'm a little more hurried to get places if I'm paid to get there on time.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.