[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to earn money fast. I live in Kansas and I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: candy pebbles.jpg (29KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
candy pebbles.jpg
29KB, 421x421px
I need to earn money fast. I live in Kansas and I don't have a single reason to get out of bed in the morning. Leaving the house makes me want to kill myself. I have to get out of this place, hopefully to New York City, and if I don't earn guap for the big move and get a job lined up out there I'm screwed. Here's why I haven't done it already: health is fucked and I can't do manual labor or anything too stressful. Is getting on disability my only option? I'm already doing mTurk from time to time but it's peanuts. I also happen to be a musician and working on starting an online radio station. Oh, and one more problem: if my health craps out there, I'll have to come right the fuck back. And probably walk in front of a truck.
>>
I do advise getting the fuck out of Kansas, but you gotta just do it, dude.

>can't do anything stressful

well you'd better figure out what you have to offer, because in the working world "non-stressful" is mostly synonymous with "low-paid"
>>
>>17593678
I have musical and artistic talent out the ass. Doubt that is supposed to do much, but for what it's worth, this is my deviantart http://heyomontana.deviantart.com/ and I play violin, piano, bass, vocals, and drums, and I do it all well. Right now I have a radio spot live in Kansas for one night, unpaid, as part of university... which I'm too sick to take any other classes for, so radio's the only one left. I'm not giving that up.
>>
>>17593678
Also thanks.
>>
Just applied to be a crossing guard. Looks like the best job around here.
>>
I live in NYC, why do you want to come here so bad?
>>
>>17594164
I loved it when I lived out there in Brooklyn.
>>
NYC is an overpriced shithole. Unless you have 100K in bank, surviving, let alone paying rent or utilities as a no name artist, WILL be nearly impossible.
Work, save up, and move to a cheaper metropolitan area AFTER you have a job ready and lined up there.
If you drive and own a car doing this is even easier, as you can move to the cheaper outskirts of a city and still work in a city.
>>
>>17594252
Be that as it may, it's the only place I've ever lived where I haven't been judged for being different
>>
Kansas is great man, I don't know what your problem is.

Cheap living, jobs everywhere, music scene is great, art shows all the time everywhere, not an inspection state, so you can drive whatever hunk of shit you find running on craigslist with no problems.
>>
>>17595688
My problem is dipshits like you who can't see anything wrong with the precious state when literally everything about it is fucked
>>
>>17595715
What's wrong with it? I live here, I make good money, and have a nice quality of life here.

I didn't even finish high school or get a GED and I'm capable of finding good paying work that isn't a "labor" type of job.
>>
>>17595715
Not that guy, but what's so fucked about it? You keep saying how fucked it is and how you need to gtfo but not say why exactly. I'm almost sure whatever problems you have there will be just as bad if not worse if you got a free ticket to NYC today. You talk about stress being bad now, try paying rent in the city or even outside of the city.
>>
>>17595724
It doesn't work out like that when you don't think, live, dress, and talk just like everyone else. And yeah sure, it's a great place to be if money is all that matters to you, also sports and Christianity.
>>17595735
Let me spell it out for you: everyone here is an asshole. The few people who are not get taken advantage of by the ones who are. There is no way around the clique mentality, the mob mentality, the bigotry... eight years ago it was much different but it's gotten bad.
>>
>>17595752
What're you talking about dude?

You're not a special snowflake, and New York isn't going to be any bit better for you.

Quality of life is all I seek, not money. And I have a good one. I go to work, and then I go home to enjoy video games. And that's all I ever wanted.
>>
>>17595765
Have you lived in both places?
>>
>>17595771
No, but I did have a dumbass dream to leave this state and go somewhere else like all young adults want to do. I actually left, and came back a few months later out of money, out of work. I did have a few more stories to tell, but that was it.

It sucks. You get somewhere else, and then what? It's hard to find work without an address, it's hard to get an address without coming in with a bunch of saving, legit moving costs are real, and if you don't come prepared, you're not going to have a good time. From getting your license in that state, to registering your vehicle in that state, it adds up, and none of it is fun.
>>
>>17595771
He said he lived in Brooklyn.
OP sounds like he needs a plan, just saying he need to get out of Kansas isn't a plan and money to get to NYC isn't a plan unless he gets rich. If OP had family and didn't mind living in a spare room/attic/basement he might be on to something but it doesn't sound like it.
>>
>>17595802
OP here. I do have family there, but the woman won't let me live with her. She said she saved up $60,000 for my college expenses, and when I asked her for $2000 of it for trucking certification she refused. So now even that option isn't on the table.
>>
>>17595824
Who is "the women"?
and what happened to the 60,000 bucks for college?
There's important bits that you aren't saying in your story.
>>
>>17595877
A great-aunt of mine. I haven't asked her for money since - she's been emotionally manipulative in other ways as well and I try to stay away from her.
>>
>>17595943
Keith, shut up and get a job.
>>
>>17595960
Doctors here don't know how to deal with it, so I'm stuck here in a loop - can't work most jobs cause sick, can't leave to get find a good doctor to get healthy because can't work. I just had rocky mountain spotted fever - you don't just recover from that. It takes months, even years. If it were as easy as you say, I'd be long gone.
>>
>>17595972
Befriend some meth heads, and rob them for everything their worth one night, and disappear.

I know you can do it, Keith. It's all you bitch about happening on face book.
>>
>>17595988
I knew a Keith once. He was 35 and tried to seduce me when I was 17.
>>
>>17595752
>everyone here is an asshole. The few people who are not get taken advantage of by the ones who are.
And you want to fucking go to new York? Lmao.
>>
>>17596045
Yeah, I do. It just is not as bad.
>>
>>17596000
Are you sure he was a Keith. Sounds more like a Chad
>>
>>17596090
Well you're welcome to troll me, but you're not doing yourself any favors by neglecting to add wit.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.