[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I obligated to tell a guy I've had a child before even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1460670560398.png (384KB, 631x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460670560398.png
384KB, 631x720px
Am I obligated to tell a guy I've had a child before even if they're not in my life at all?
>>
>>17593658
It'd be real weird if it comes up and he didn't know
>>
depends on whether you want a relationship based on lies or not.
>>
>>17593658

If you're in a relationship with him, yes.

At what point you tell him is completely up to your common sense. 1st or 2nd date is probably too soon whereas 2 years into a relationship is probably too late.

Use your head but, in no uncertain terms, you have to tell him eventually.
>>
If they're not in your life, no. You dont have to tell people your life story if it doesn't affect them directly.
>>
You are obligated to bring it up when it becomes germane to the conversation, or when it looks like there's a real shot at a relationship and you want to try for it.

Same with any other personal detail, until that point, you have no obligations

Honesty, trust, and open communication are absolutely vital and pivotal cornerstones for healthy relationships, but it must be built up and earned.

So don't start with a lie, but don't come showcasing all your baggage at the doorstep before they've even had a chance to get to know you.
>>
If he asks then tell him. Otherwise it's none of his business.
>>
it depends on if that will have any bearing on the relationship. as long as you don't date MRA dickheads who only want to date pure virgins, it won't matter.

once things start getting serious, however, you really should let the guy know. Shit happens, and you never know when it will. I have had girls tell me all kinds of horrible shit, within a few weeks of meeting them. that stuff is a part of who you are. even if you never say a word, it has had an impact on you. telling him what happened doesn't change who you are, and it shouldn't change how you treat him. It won't materially affect him. keeping the secret past the point where it is impacting your relationship, however, will.

yes, you don't want to scare the guy off. a guy scared off by that is probably not a good fit, anyway, but I can get not just chasing people away. still, I think that is important enough that he will need to know
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.