[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>med school fag >spent the entire time drinking >cheated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1439167818800.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1439167818800.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>med school fag
>spent the entire time drinking
>cheated on literally every exam
>paid people to do labs and work for me
>figured I'd just teach myself how to do this shit sometime
>this friday I'm going to be operating on someone
>I literally have no understanding of any of this
>seriously don't know any biology past the like high school freshman level

what the fuck do I do
>>
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Give yourself up as a fraud. Admit your shortcoming. That's the best way for everyone involved, but you'll be embarrassed and your reputation will sink.

Alternatively, you could do the surgery. But they'll probably die and you'll be sued, with your reputation tarnished.
>>
>>17593523
I would just quit. Walk away and the patient won't die by your hands.
>>
I have my doubts that you could cheat this hard and make it to clinicals, but you need to give yourself up. If you fuck up they are going to look into why you did so badly, and they will investigate and catch you. And you will be held liable for the damages the patient undergoes. If they die that means manslaughter, maybe even 2nd degree murder.
>>
If you fuck up, you'll probably end up in jail
>>
I say you just wing it OP

Someone's life is worth your adventurous risk taking. Live boldly and create your own values.
>>
I doubt this is true.

But if it is...retard wtf are you doing. Try to match into a dermatology residency obviously
>>
>>17593523
Unless you went to school in China/India, I really doubt that you have made it to your rotations on just pure BS, and definitely are not operating on anyone unsupervised.

If this somehow is true, then the minute you get in the OR and have no fucking idea what you are doing, you will be exposed and will probably have to choose another career entirely.
>>
>>17593950
>you will be exposed and will probably have to choose another career entirely
You say that like he'll just get a slap on the wrist and send him away.
>>

I'm calling bullshit.

There is absolutely no fucking way they're letting you operate on someone without having heavy supervision, and without having put in COUTNLESS FUCKING HOURS on cadavers.

There is also no way you can fake all the fucking ridiculous amounts of extra-curricular activities you need to GET in to med-school in the first place, let alone the exhaustive, peer conducted interviews you need to pass afterwards to be selected from a crop of countless other highly over-qualified individuals.
>>
>>17593523
You're not going to be the only one in there, are you? Ask the other people to walk you through it.

You don't learn anything from the theoretical bullshit anyway, you learn by doing. That's how it works in every country other than the US and Canada.
So learn the way every other damn doctor in your country did. The hard way.
>>
>>17593991
Remember that the entire world has doctors, not just US and Canada. None of them went through the insane north american process.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.