[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pretty much kicked out of (almost entirely supporting Sanders)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: CVuzmTaUAAA6loK.jpg (33KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
CVuzmTaUAAA6loK.jpg
33KB, 600x398px
>pretty much kicked out of (almost entirely supporting Sanders) friend group along with 3 other friends
>because we're voting Trump (because they're literally the same on 80% of the actual important issues like TPP social security etc)
>others are half third party half Clinton (despite her being opposed to sanders and trump on a lot of the actually important issues)
>they've all said they don't want to talk to us anymore and that we must be racist (we aren't)

How do I deal with the pain of rejection? I've never been rejected like this before and never for such a goddamn stupid reason like politics. I feel incredibly hurt and before they knew of my voting intentions we had a lot of great times together.
>>
>>17592300
Get smarter friends. Anyone who would assume you're a terrible person because of that is a brainwashed moron.
>>
There is almost nothing you can do about this besides moving on. If your friends are too immature to handle you having a different opinion, fuck em.....
No offense but you might be better off without them. Word of advice is that next time, never ever discuss politics. Especially if you are an American, as you guys get too heated about this stuff. If they asked you who you wanna vote for, just say you dont know or say that you arent voting. Always works...!
If i were you, i will start finding new friends! No use trying to gain back the friendship of those people.
>>
>>17592300
If you're really desperate at getting the approval of these massive douches, maybe show them how Hillary stole the election and cuckolded Sanders, express that you still support him and would rather vote for Stein but realize that she has almost zero chance at winning a single state, and you feel the need to keep Hillary out of office, even if it means voting for the Human Cheeto.

>insert Orange is the new Black joke here

Basically my line of reasoning, except I'm a libertarian, and Johnson is... "meh".
>>
>>17592300
>support Trump
>you're automatically deemed racist

If they stop being your friends just because of that, then they really aren't solid friends to begin with.
>>
>>17592300
Find better friends. I get some of this when I meet people around campus. I'm apparently a racist because I don't support Sanders or Clinton. I'm willing it bet they don't even know anything about Clinton's or Trump's policies and are just spouting the same shit about trump being racist as the media does.
>>
It's all about the circles you run in.

If you hang out around the local music scene, you're likely going to get crucified if you support police, mention voting for Trump, etc. etc.

If you hang out with people in the wealthier/more successful part of town, it is not even close to edgy to express conservative opinions-- it is the norm.

As general practice you should keep your distance from people who are unwilling to have rational discussion. Learn to spot the lemons and avoid them.

Anyway, how do you deal with the pain of rejection? It's not so much rejection in this case as it is the realization that friends grow apart. That's just the bottom line here. In the large majority of relationships, there comes a day when the two of you go your separate ways. You are lucky to have lifetime friends and the chances are that you'll be able to count them on one hand.
>>
>>17592300
what about u guys just not talk about politics? if they seriously dont like you for liking trump then they never liked you int hefirst place.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.